An Old School Catholic Message Board

They Expect Idol Worship To Keep Brazil Catholic?

Budge

Paladin D

[quote name='Budge' post='1269328' date='May 9 2007, 04:32 PM']Im making the fuss?

I didnt build a gold case and a multimillion dollar cathedral to house the THING.[/quote]

Are you jealous because they didn't build one for your Budgisterium?

Who cares what they build, you're not going there anyway.

Edited by Paladin D

Yeah Im jealous, I had to sell my Collector Barbie to pay some bills...

:lol_roll: :lol_roll:

[img]http://www.lisasdolls.org.uk/barbie_big.jpg[/img][img]http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/aparecida-sm.jpg[/img]

Brother Adam

[quote name='Budge' post='1269342' date='May 9 2007, 06:38 PM']Yeah Im jealous, I had to sell my Collector Barbie to pay some bills...

:lol_roll: :lol_roll:

[img]http://www.lisasdolls.org.uk/barbie_big.jpg[/img][img]http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/aparecida-sm.jpg[/img][/quote]

How exactly does this post reflect that Jesus is living in you? Are you sure you've been saved?

Paladin D

[quote name='Budge' post='1269342' date='May 9 2007, 04:38 PM']Yeah Im jealous, I had to sell my Collector Barbie to pay some bills...[/quote]

Well, we all fall short of the glory of God. We all have our imperfections.

Brother Adam

"God doesnt have a sense of humor?

rolleyes.gif"

I don't think he finds your sinful post funny.

Paladin D

[quote name='Budge' post='1269344' date='May 9 2007, 04:41 PM']God doesnt have a sense of humor?

:rolleyes:[/quote]

But you're not God.

[b]"You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve."[/b]

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Budge' post='1267938' date='May 8 2007, 10:56 AM']Do you know the name of those cherubs?

They were mere decoration.

No Jew ever put a crown on top of their head or paraded them around.[/quote]Yeah, they just bowed before bronze serpents, in the hope of being healed.

I thought that your literalist interpretation was pretty shaky. But these new "get out of jail free" cards your trying to use are mind-boggling.

Let's check your sig:[quote]Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.[/quote]Share with us, please:
1) where is the clause which exempts graven images of angels when they aren't identified by a particular name.
2) where is the clause which exempts graven images which were "mere decoration."

I'm also interested in how God's command is interpreted by Budgianity as "mere decoration." God's inspired Holy Scriptures are much more than an ancient version of "Better Homes and Gardens", which seems to be what you're implying.

homeschoolmom

Ms. Budge will be taking a little vacation for violating the phorum rules-- again.

[quote name='Budge' post='1269316' date='May 9 2007, 03:24 PM']Thats the best argument you could come up with? Is that Catholic apologetics out of a cracker box? :rolleyes:

ANYHOW....

little wooden dollies ARE discussed.....lest you forget...

[b]Deu 4:28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands,[b] wood[/b] and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.
[/b][/quote]

That's if we believe our wood and stone works are actually gods. Which we DO NOT. We dont believe they are divine, we dont believe the images save us. They are about teaching, example and honoring those portrayed. If you want to go ahead and falsely accuse us of worshipping the works of our hands, then fine go ahead. you can accuse us all you want, it means nothing. It's not worship, its definitely not ADORATION. That's your problem budge, you want to skip past what we really do with images, (which has nothing to do with idolatry) to accusing us idolatry.

Edited by Akalyte

dairygirl4u2c

i think budge just says things and never really responds to people unless it's something she can twist out of proportion, or someone makes an error and she can accuse your church of that error.

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1269390' date='May 9 2007, 02:49 PM']i think budge just says things and never really responds to people unless it's something she can twist out of proportion, or someone makes an error and she can accuse your church of that error.[/quote]

For once we agree, sister.

:smokey:

Katholikos

[quote name='mulls' post='1269312' date='May 9 2007, 03:22 PM']Pal, seriously, we're all beyond that inane line of reason.

You're better than that bro.[/quote]

It's not inane at all. Chapters were added in 1227 (by Archbishop of Canterbury Stephen Langdon, when England was still Catholic). Verses were added in 1551 by French printer Robert Stephanus. Neither of them were inspired by God to do this. It's "adding to God's word" which Protestants often accuse Catholics of doing, and in this case they're absolutely right. Catholics did it. So Protestants should stop quoting chapters and verses if they're gonna stick to the Bible Only, as they claim to do. :P:

Likos