An Old School Catholic Message Board

Speaking Of Hindu Worshipping Catholic Bishops..

Budge

This article was written a few years ago.

Actually things have gotten worse. There used to be a few outraged Novus Ordo Catholics, instead of just a few trads when Catholic clergy bowed to Allah, or lit incense to Ganesha. The numbers have changed even since Ive been online.

[quote]There is a general attitude of niceness, openness and tolerance found
in today's Roman Catholic church. Most Catholic bishops, priests and even the Pope don't seem to be as interested in rooting out error except as it relates to social justice issues, and as it relates to evangelical and
fundamentalist forms of Protestantism.

How things do change.
[b]One need only imagine the response of priests in the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries if their Pope had prayed with animists, voodoo worshipers, Hindus, Buddhists and Muslims. The new Popes will even erect a statue of the
Buddhaat interfaith gatherings. Heck, if the Arian heresy were as prominent today as it was in the day of Athanasius, today's bishops and Pope would probably want to pray and light incense with them instead of calling them
heretics.[/b]

{OR WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN THOSE DAYS IF A CATHOLIC CLERGY MEMBER LIT A LAMP TO A HINDU GOD?}

Mind you, I'm quite content to watch these sorts of Romanist activities, because it only shows how false the Roman Catholic church really is.Such blatant inconsistency could not be demonstrated by a God guided insititution.

(AMEN!!!!!!!)
[b]
I think the current aura of Catholic religious relativism and false solidarity is a further indication of just how confused things can get when one abandons the Holy Scriptures as the sole rule of Faith.[/b] Are we
supposed to submit to a man who kisses a book (the Koran) full of lies even though other "vicars" prior to him would have gleefully burned it? Are we supposed to put our salvation in the hands of an institution who allows prayer with Hindus and other idolators even though this same church would have anathematized a person for doing such a thing not even 100 years

(VERY TRUE!)

How does one know that Rome's current obsession with togetherness and peace will not one day evolve into another obsession? Perhaps the Romanists will eventually change their attitude and start calling us heretics again. After all, Popes in the past have issued indulgences to any who would be willing to die in religious crusades. What guarantee do we have that the ecumenical huggy and touchy feely attitude Rome now endorses will not one day shift back into an attitude of belligerence and animosity? The Pope has been quoted as calling fundamentalists "Rapacious Wolves." That doesn't sound like a very nice thing to say, does it? Such a statement doesn't seem to have that warm ecumenical ring to it. Perhaps the Pope slipped and
revealed feelings that could be made more clear in the days to come. Who can be sure,that's the question?

How do any of you Catholics know for certain that what you're being taught now will not eventually change into something vastly different? It's no wonder Roman Catholics are taught that they cannot know if they willbe
saved. After all, Roman Catholics can't even be sure that what they are currently being taught won't change somewhere down the road. Oh, I know, I know. The DOGMAS won't change. But do any of you know how many dogmas there
actually are? Has the Catholic Church issued an infallible list of infallible pronouncements? If not, how can you have any security about what the current Catholic Church is teaching?

(There are even debates whether Vatican II is infallible including other many "practices" and dogmas. The definitions are always shifting of course)
[b]
Without the unchangable standard of the Bible to guide him, man is hopelessly lost in a sea of arbitrary pronouncements based on cultural whims and man-made philosophies. We see this made evident in the Catholic
Church.

[u]Give me the Bible over the Magisterium any day.[/u][/b][/quote]
AMEN!!!!!!!

Honestly what good is a Magisterium when its leading millions into this incredible error?

Groo the Wanderer

Blah blah blah

tripe tripe tripe

As with the vast majority or yer posts, ...not even worthy of a response.

Groo is taking a stand, here and now: henceforth and forthwith I resolve to not respond to anything posted by Popette Budge of he Church of Budgianity, Mistress of Strawmen, unless and until she actually answers all of the questions she has dodged and failed to respond to up to this point. Who's with me? Mebbe the mods can pin a special thread just for that purpose, since it would be rather difficult to find all of them (there are SO many).

:smokey:

Hmm must have hit a nerve with this one...

Usually the gripes about me go up 10 fold {subject changed to Budge when that happens}

Brother Adam

The Magisterium of the Catholic Church isn't leading anyone into error.

The Magisterium of Budge is trying its hardest though. St. Paul stated if you have faith to move mountains but have not love, you are nothing. You and your friends at your anti-Catholic website have been regularly in my prayers now. The biggest thing missing in your lives is the light of Christ, and it is apparent to everyone but yourselves. When you spend your time ridiculing, judging, and spreading hatred, it is the opposite of Christian virtue. No one is impressed by your ability to try to point out the sins of others in the public square (such as the Pharisees made a livelihood of doing), and no one is impressed that you have to do that to try to attack the Catholic Church (when in fact you are only attacking some of the people in the Catholic Church) because every time you try to attack doctrine you come up totally bankrupt. If you have to be dishonest, illogical, and unreasonable to try to win an argument, you need to find a new method.

But we already know that you won't. :)

[quote]The Magisterium of the Catholic Church isn't leading anyone into error.[/quote]

Sure whatever you say, given your clergy members that take every opportunity now to worship false gods or promote the worship thereof.

[img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/FatimaPix/HindFtm09.jpg[/img]

Brother Adam

[quote name='Budge' post='1269268' date='May 9 2007, 05:51 PM']Sure whatever you say, given your clergy members that take every opportunity now to worship false gods or promote the worship thereof.[/quote]

No they don't, like I said, dishonesty and hatred just doesn't impress anyone here.

BTW, are you going to run back to your forum now and say "look what the silly Catholics said" so they can pat you on the back again?

Edited by Brother Adam

Actually I find a lot of the responses silly here, and they make no sense either.

THey have you thinking that you are to supposed to follow men that publically forsake Jesus Christ for false gods.

That kind of spiritual blindness and bondage is so strong, its not even funny.

Hard to deal with honestly, and to be frank when outsiders see this stuff, they are totally floored by the insanity of it all.

Brother Adam

[quote name='Budge' post='1269277' date='May 9 2007, 05:57 PM']THey have you thinking that you are to supposed to follow men that publically forsake Jesus Christ for false gods.[/quote]

No, the Catholic Church does not teach that we are to follow men that publically forsake Jesus Christ.

Yeah it does.

You believe this bishops authority is valid do you not?

Your Asssi--pagan religion promoting Popes too?

Brother Adam

[quote name='Budge' post='1269302' date='May 9 2007, 06:16 PM']Yeah it does.

You believe this bishops authority is valid do you not?

Your Asssi--pagan religion promoting Popes too?[/quote]

No, it does not.

Oh so youre telling me, that you can ditch the Pope once he prays to Vishnu on international TV and remain a Catholic?
{he's already prayed to Allah of Islam}

Maybe some of the sedevancatists would agree with you...

Brother Adam

[quote name='Budge' post='1269310' date='May 9 2007, 06:20 PM']Oh so youre telling me, that you can ditch the Pope once he prays to Vishnu on international TV and remain a Catholic?
{he's already prayed to Allah of Islam}

Maybe some of the sedevancatists would agree with you...[/quote]

Are you trying to put words in my mouth? My, you are getting desperate.

No, youre wrong.

You cant ditch the Pope and truly remain Catholic according to the teachings of your church, even if the Pope joins his papal nuncio next time in lighting a lamp to Ganesha or other Hindu diety.

Maybe I am wrong and you would go Sedevancantist, more power to you. I suppose, sometimes its a path right out the door.