An Old School Catholic Message Board

Speaking Of Hindu Worshipping Catholic Bishops..

Budge

Brother Adam

[quote name='Budge' post='1269332' date='May 9 2007, 06:35 PM']Maybe I am wrong and you would go Sedevancantist, more power to you. I suppose, sometimes its a path right out the door.[/quote]

Is that your way of avoiding the discussion?

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1269264' date='May 9 2007, 03:48 PM']Blah blah blah

tripe tripe tripe
As with the vast majority or yer posts, ...not even worthy of a response.

Groo is taking a stand, here and now: henceforth and forthwith I resolve to not respond to anything posted by Popette Budge of he Church of Budgianity, Mistress of Strawmen, unless and until she actually answers all of the questions she has dodged and failed to respond to up to this point. Who's with me? Mebbe the mods can pin a special thread just for that purpose, since it would be rather difficult to find all of them (there are SO many).

:smokey:[/quote]
Not even reading the whole thread... I'm standing here with Groo. Yeah Groo! you let her know! I'm sick of the tripe... the insane lack of eloquence and telling us about our problems. We know we have 'em. It will be dealt with soon. :ninja:

Norseman82

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1269264' date='May 9 2007, 02:48 PM']Groo is taking a stand, here and now: henceforth and forthwith I resolve to not respond to anything posted by Popette Budge of he Church of Budgianity, Mistress of Strawmen, unless and until she actually answers all of the questions she has dodged and failed to respond to up to this point. Who's with me? Mebbe the mods can pin a special thread just for that purpose, since it would be rather difficult to find all of them (there are SO many).[/quote]

I made a similar suggestion to a mod per PM a few months ago, and reiterated it today on dUSt's thread, so you are not alone, brother.

Edited by Norseman82

Norseman82

[quote name='Budge' post='1269237' date='May 9 2007, 02:28 PM']This article was written a few years ago.[/quote]

What is the source so we can verify whether or not it is a legitimate source?

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1269693' date='May 9 2007, 08:33 PM']What is the source so we can verify whether or not it is a legitimate source?[/quote]

Just like a Catholic to talk about paper work, while Budge is reading peoples hearts and minds, ascribing to them whether or not they're "true Christians."

There's no facts there to debate, just anti-Catholic ranting and opinionizing.

And we all know what opinions are like . . .

Edited by Socrates

I see you've started a new thread Budge, yet you still have failed to answer my simple question about authority, and why we should trust your interpretation of scripture.

Budge, it's been shown to you what the Catholic Church *teaches* concerning such practices, whether an ecclesiastical figure doesn't live according to this teaching doesn't affect the Church intrinsically.

Its sad huh? This whole thing! Dear sister.. I want to tell you..."THE PILLER AND FOUNDATION OF TRUTH IS THE CHURCH"Trust it at the source. The source is Jesus Christ. You like the argument. You, my freind, like feeling the power. You think that you know it all in your attack on Christs church. You had better be right, budge! We are all going to die someday,and meet our Lord. What are you going to do when you find out you were wrong and deceived!? ........then my sister it will be too late. As much as the catholics on this forum dislike your smug ,arrogant, sinfully filthy pride, you suit a purpose for us all here. We all need a lesson in dealing with Children that have strayed FAR from the truth. Is not what this is about? As catholics does it not make you fall to your knees and Pray............................................................................................. "THANK YOU LORD FOR YOUR CHURCH<FOR YOU ARE THE BUILDER! And the foundation is as solid as the rock that ,YOU MY LORD, built it on! I will worship you and praise you Lord all the days of my life. And In the name Of Jesus Christ I ask that whatever evil spirit that has our sister,budge, in a choke hold, be cast far away never to return to her. Lord hold our sister close,so that she may see your church as you built it and may she return to it humble and ready to serve you. In the name of Jesus Christ we all pray. AMEN JC

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Budge' post='1269302' date='May 9 2007, 08:16 PM']You believe this bishops authority is valid do you not?[/quote]

Budge, maybe this will make more sense in another light. If you look at 1st Samuel 2, you have Eli's sons Hophni and Phineas as priests. They are doing horrible things, taking the sacrifices for themselves, seducing women, all in all not serving the Lord as they should. God punishes them by removing them from the priesthood, though not immediately. In the meantime, does God tell the people not to go to the temple, not to go to the priests? No. The people still go and present their offerings and sacrifices, and to do this they have to go through the priests, God's representatives, as it were, even if some of them are corrupt. However the people were not to follow the actions of Hophni and Phineas, not to mimic their sins. It is the same for us. Priests, bishops, etc are ordained, they are representatives of God, as it were. And if there is one that is not following God, we are still called to respect their authority, but not to follow them in their sin.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]Hmm must have hit a nerve with this one...[/quote]

Budge, whenever you say something that exasperates people, you assume it must be because you have fired a powerful salvo of truth that has put the wind up the Catholics. You have a lot of faith in your own intelligence and writing style that simply isn't justified.

I don't want to sound unkind, but you aren't really very intelligent. There's nothing wrong with that, of course - a person's worth isn't measured by their ability to grasp logic. But in many threads it is immediately obvious that the substance of the discussion is going over your head. You have to simplify everything to a pitiful level before you can understand it. And when we get tired of explaining the same things over...and over...and over...again (usually getting no response, but triggering about three new threads that just rehash your old grievances) you assume that it must be because you have 'hit a nerve'.

I'm sorry, Budge, but that's called vanity. Or desperation. One of the two.

Arch- cat ! Well said! Simple and to the point! Hard for budge to hear though,......her ears are being tickled!

Archaeology cat

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1270045' date='May 10 2007, 05:56 PM']Arch- cat ! Well said! Simple and to the point! Hard for budge to hear though,......her ears are being tickled![/quote]

Hey, thanks! :) I was actually reading that passage yesterday, so it came to mind when I saw this discussion.

A more appropriate way to actually debate this would be "Catholic Bishops worship Hindu deities" followed by proof.