An Old School Catholic Message Board

Awww... Pope!

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1272308' date='May 13 2007, 01:24 AM']Shouldn't those children be genuflecting on their left knees before His Holiness?[/quote]

Right. Because you can't hug the pope. :mellow:

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1272311' date='May 13 2007, 12:32 AM']I am PRAYING you are joking![/quote]

The proper thing to do when you see the Pope is to genuflect on your left knee and kiss the sacred ring.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1272399' date='May 13 2007, 09:13 AM']The proper thing to do when you see the Pope is to genuflect on your left knee and kiss the sacred ring.[/quote]
They did that first...

:mellow:

bonoducchi

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1272399' date='May 13 2007, 11:13 AM']The proper thing to do when you see the Pope is to genuflect on your left knee and kiss the sacred ring.[/quote]

God help you if you genuflect on your right knee! :lol_roll:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1272308' date='May 13 2007, 01:24 AM']Shouldn't those children be genuflecting on their left knees before His Holiness?[/quote]
I'm going to just guess here... but I'd be willing to bet that the Pope extended his arms to them, inviting them to receive a hug. You forget, STM, that the pope is a human. Humans need to be touched and given affection. If no one were ever to touch the pope or the bishops (or the priests for that matter) how sad for them. Sad that they would no longer be considered human members of the family of God.

Ash Wednesday

Growing up the priest told me he preferred to genuflect on the right knee. I hope God hasn't struck him down yet. :unsure:

Katholikos

Where is the Church law that says we are to genuflect on our LEFT knee?

Watching Papa Bendetto in Brazil makes me want to become Catholic all over again.

Likos

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1272427' date='May 13 2007, 12:31 PM']Where is the Church law that says we are to genuflect on our LEFT knee?

Watching Papa Bendetto in Brazil makes me want to become Catholic all over again.

Likos[/quote]

You genuflect with the right knee to God. You genuflect with the left knee to the Pope, the Bishop and the King.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1272036' date='May 12 2007, 04:04 PM'][img]http://us.yimg.com/p/rids/20070512/i/r3304401400.jpg[/img][/quote]

Awwww. :love: He is so good. :)

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1272308' date='May 13 2007, 12:24 AM']Shouldn't those children be genuflecting on their left knees before His Holiness?[/quote]

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1272399' date='May 13 2007, 10:13 AM']The proper thing to do when you see the Pope is to genuflect on your left knee and kiss the sacred ring.[/quote]

:rolleyes: They are children, for heavens sake.

MissScripture

It doesn't seem to me that God has a problem with children, and I think that the Pope takes his cue from Jesus...
[quote name='Mark']13 And they brought to him young children, that he might touch them. And the disciples rebuked them that brought them. 14 Whom when Jesus saw, he was much displeased, and saith to them: Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not; for of such is the kingdom of God. 15 Amen I say to you, whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, shall not enter into it.[/quote]

I think that STM is just jealous, cuz he wants to hug the Pope.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1272431' date='May 13 2007, 12:48 PM']You genuflect with the right knee to God. You genuflect with the left knee to the Pope, the Bishop and the King.[/quote]
I'm not sure about the Pope, but I do know that we normally supposed to genuflect to the Tabernacle (God) on our right knee.

I have no idea why, but it's in the GIRM, so I roll with it.

That said, there' nothing wrong with huggin the Pope...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1272449' date='May 13 2007, 02:14 PM']It doesn't seem to me that God has a problem with children, and I think that the Pope takes his cue from Jesus...
I think that STM is just jealous, cuz he wants to hug the Pope.[/quote]
That could be it.

Katholikos

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1272431' date='May 13 2007, 01:48 PM']You genuflect with the right knee to God. You genuflect with the left knee to the Pope, the Bishop and the King.[/quote]

I was asking for the citation in Church law, please.

Likos

mariahLVzJP2

[quote name='VaticanIILiturgist' post='1272237' date='May 12 2007, 11:10 PM'][img]http://www.bartcop.com/pope-beer2.jpg[/img]

Here's something a little different....he is Bavarian after all....[/quote]
is that for real? photoshop?

:blush: