An Old School Catholic Message Board

Awww... Pope!

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='VaticanIILiturgist' post='1272237' date='May 13 2007, 12:10 AM'][img]http://www.bartcop.com/pope-beer2.jpg[/img]

Here's something a little different....he is Bavarian after all....[/quote]

[quote name='mariahLVzJP2' post='1272460' date='May 13 2007, 04:10 PM']is that for real? photoshop?

:blush:[/quote]

Wow, never seen that before... umm... just a little scared... I almost hope it was photoshopped :blink: . EXPLANATION PLEASE!! :shock:

MissScripture

[quote name='XIX' post='1272450' date='May 13 2007, 02:23 PM']I'm not sure about the Pope, but I do know that we normally supposed to genuflect to the Tabernacle (God) on our right knee.

I have no idea why, but it's in the GIRM, so I roll with it.

That said, there' nothing wrong with huggin the Pope...[/quote]
I think I remember being told that it was right knee to the tabernacle because when men used to wear swords, they had them hanging on the left, so they could grab them with their right hands. And if you have a sword on your left, you can't really genuflect on that knee. Or I could be totally off...

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1272457' date='May 13 2007, 01:52 PM']I was asking for the citation in Church law, please.
Likos[/quote]

I searched for one in the CIC, but I didn't fine one.

[quote]Wow, never seen that before... umm... just a little scared... I almost hope it was photoshopped blink.gif . EXPLANATION PLEASE!![/quote]

Yes, I am happy to tell you that is a Photoshop ;) I've seen the originals of those photos before and Papa is just holding a regular Host and chalice.

[quote name='mariahLVzJP2' post='1272460' date='May 13 2007, 02:10 PM']is that for real? photoshop?

:blush:[/quote]

If it is real, he has no pointy finger!!! (look at the bottome pic)

:hehe:

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1272308' date='May 13 2007, 01:24 AM']Shouldn't those children be genuflecting on their left knees before His Holiness?[/quote]

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1272313' date='May 13 2007, 01:40 AM']Right. Because you can't hug the pope. :mellow:[/quote]

It is custom. It isnt doctrine.

I dont agree with manipulating those pictures. It could cause scandal to the weak, and you dont want to do that. At least I wouldnt.

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1272449' date='May 13 2007, 01:14 PM']It doesn't seem to me that God has a problem with children, and I think that the Pope takes his cue from Jesus...
I think that STM is just jealous, cuz he wants to hug the Pope.[/quote]

Me thinky so.... :thumbsup: I know I would want to hug the Pope... :)

[quote name='prose' post='1272657' date='May 13 2007, 09:14 PM']If it is real, he has no pointy finger!!! (look at the bottome pic)

:hehe:[/quote]

[quote name='kafka' post='1272661' date='May 13 2007, 09:18 PM']I dont agree with manipulating those pictures. It could cause scandal to the weak, and you dont want to do that. At least I wouldnt.[/quote]

I see now. Oh and, don't let Budge see this one... she's prolly going insane over it right now if she's watching.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1272313' date='May 13 2007, 01:40 AM']Right. Because you can't hug the pope. :mellow:[/quote]

[quote name='kafka' post='1272660' date='May 13 2007, 08:17 PM']It is custom. It isnt doctrine.[/quote]

Hi! Guess what? I was being sarcastic! :bye:

And yes, to all those wondering, the pope pretzel picture is photoshopped. I posted it a couple of years ago on here (NO I DID NOT CREATE IT) -- I thought it was funny at the time in that I thought the intended humor was about the pope being Bavarian -- but people were offended because they felt it was mockery of the Eucharist. I regretted causing offense. I mentioned this in confession and the priest knew what pictures I was talking about and actually chuckled a little. :blink:

Edited by Ash Wednesday

MissScripture

[quote name='goldbug16' post='1272665' date='May 13 2007, 08:19 PM']Me thinky so.... :thumbsup: I know I would want to hug the Pope... :)[/quote]
ME TOO! And it would be really cool to get to ride in the Popemobile!

Phoenix Reborn

The Pope loves children, just as Jesus does.

Edited by Phoenix Reborn

Ash Wednesday

The thing is, the kids might have done some introduction or customary bowing/genuflection beforehand. I don't even know if this was a ceremony, a mass, or what. It's not right to assume there was some "wrongdoing" (sorry kids, it's off to hell for you for hugging the pope!) from just a single picture.

If I was a kid I'd want to hug the pope! Or even if I wasn't a kid.

Edited by Ash Wednesday