hyperdulia again Posted January 31, 2004 Posted January 31, 2004 One little voice said “Daddy” for the first time late one stormy night and I was ready to slay dragons and conquer kingdoms. One little girl looks up with nothing but trust and love and the selfish, striving, part of me dies. One little fist wraps around my hand and I weep for joy. One little boy stops crying at the sound of my voice or the sound of my heart and I stand in awe at the miracle and mystery that is human life. My love grows more every day. I see my little girl growing strong and independent. I see fire in her little eyes and all the majesty and dignity of a queen. I am silenced by the soulful little gypsy-faerie-angel that stole my heart. I am enchanted by the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen. I see my son, getting bigger by the hour. I see his cares melt with my presence. I am terrified of God giving me a completely unformed soul to look after. I am eager to see what kind of man he will be. One little girl and one little boy make me want to live to be very old. This is corny, but you can’t write poetry about kids that isn’t corny. So there. :P
Good Friday Posted January 31, 2004 Posted January 31, 2004 It's not corny, it's beautiful. You'll continue to be a great father, Hyper. The Church needs more laymen who love their children and all children as much as you do. You're an example for all of us.
hyperdulia again Posted January 31, 2004 Author Posted January 31, 2004 do you really like it? i think it's kind of hokey...i don't like poetry about kids or puppies...i like things bitter...ominous...dramatic...i dunno...it's late.
Good Friday Posted January 31, 2004 Posted January 31, 2004 :lol: I really do like it. It's good to depart from the bitter, the ominous, the dramatic sometimes.
Azriel Posted January 31, 2004 Posted January 31, 2004 I love it. Its amazing isn't it. Amazing and terrifying and awe-inspiring. Its so amesome to be sharing the parenthood journey with ya Bro.
IcePrincessKRS Posted January 31, 2004 Posted January 31, 2004 I love it. You've gone and made me all teary eyed again, darn you. :wub:
Kilroy the Ninja Posted February 1, 2004 Posted February 1, 2004 Awe, ya made me ink... That was beautiful Hyper...
hyperdulia again Posted February 1, 2004 Author Posted February 1, 2004 I miss my babies. AND I really don't like this poem...Maybe it's a girl thing...my mother cried like a blubbered when she read it "I still feel like that about you." Anyhoo. I miss my babies.
IcePrincessKRS Posted February 1, 2004 Posted February 1, 2004 Maybe it is. But its still wonderful. Its a beautiful expression of the joys of parenthood. :wub:
hyperdulia again Posted February 1, 2004 Author Posted February 1, 2004 cried like a blubbered when she read it "I still feel like that about you."
hyperdulia again Posted February 1, 2004 Author Posted February 1, 2004 did it make you cry like a blubbered? i have creeping madness. :wacko:
IcePrincessKRS Posted February 1, 2004 Posted February 1, 2004 I didn't cry hard, but I got teary eyed and I had to wipe my eyes so I could finish reading. lol
Azriel Posted February 1, 2004 Posted February 1, 2004 "cry like a blubbered" I dig it. Make that into a poem Hyper.
hyperdulia again Posted February 1, 2004 Author Posted February 1, 2004 "cry like a blubbered" I dig it. Make that into a poem Hyper. When into your eyes I look I am caught by a hook as deadly to me as that which hangs from any fisher's reel in Mobile Those eyes as blue as the southern skies a single tear falls and alls i know is i'm conquered and moved to cry like a blubbered
foundsheep Posted February 1, 2004 Posted February 1, 2004 I feel the same way about my kids. I turn into puddy with these kids.
hyperdulia again Posted February 1, 2004 Author Posted February 1, 2004 *sighs* :wub: :wub: Foundsheep I bet you're an amesome Daddy! How's the as yet unborn one?
foundsheep Posted February 1, 2004 Posted February 1, 2004 Its going great although a tough preg for momma.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now