An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Support

dairygirl4u2c

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ragamuffin

As it is with many political issues, this gets cast in an all-or-nothing fashion when it's really about finding the right equilibrium that gives people a reasonable wage at a minimum while not causing companies to jack up prices or not hire workers because the wage is too high. If you remove the minimum wage, too much power shifts into the hands of companies, especially when workers are plentiful. They can informally "conspire" to take advantage of workers who have to work to eat. However, the flip side is, if you try to turn minimum wage jobs into the kind that can give people financial security, that's generally going to cause prices to rise and less workers to be hired which winds up making the minimum wage less valuable than it was before.

Yes with this caveat

If the minimum wage was trapped in a burning building with a bunch of viable embryos, and I could only save the embryos or the minimum wage,

I would choose saving the viable embryos

dairygirl4u2c

thanks. maybe i should not cast everyone here as status quo conservatives as i often have a tendency of doing.

[quote]If the minimum wage was trapped in a burning building with a bunch of viable embryos, and I could only save the embryos or the minimum wage,

I would choose saving the viable embryos[/quote]

that's nice to know. now i don't need to make a poll to find out hot stuff's position on this urgent matter.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1284397' date='May 30 2007, 11:50 AM']thanks. maybe i should not cast everyone here as status quo conservatives as i often have a tendency of doing.[/quote]

Oh the conservatives will vote later. They all have jobs

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1284508' date='May 30 2007, 06:26 PM']The minimum wage should be 350 dollars a hour.[/quote]

i support minimum wage.

[quote name='chelsea' post='1284514' date='May 30 2007, 06:38 PM']i support minimum wage.[/quote]

ditto

KnightofChrist

[quote name='chelsea' post='1284514' date='May 30 2007, 04:38 PM']i support minimum wage.[/quote]

350.00 an hour would be nice...

philosophette

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1284552' date='May 30 2007, 06:42 PM']350.00 an hour would be nice...[/quote]

sign me up!!!!!