An Old School Catholic Message Board

Eucharistic Belief

dairygirl4u2c

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1292657' date='Jun 11 2007, 02:05 PM']ty[/quote]

Wish I went to daily Mass more; I went more when classes were in session, because the Cathedral is right by campus. But I do live pretty close to my parish, so I'll have to make a point of going more often.

goldenchild17

I can only go on Sundays/Holy Days right now. We hope to have our own parish sometime in the relatively near future then I would get to go more often.

QUOTE:

WHEN YOU MISS ONE HOLY COMMUNION

It is well for you to consider what you lose every morning that you pass up Holy Communion:

1. You miss a personal visit with Jesus, Author of all spiritual energy and of all holiness;

2. You lose a special increase of Sanctifying Grace -- the Divine Life of God Himself -- which makes your soul more pleasing to God;

3. You lose a quota of Sacramental Grace which entitles you to special help in time of temptation and in the discharge of your special duties;

4. You miss the special preserving influence which each Holy Communion confers against the fires of passion;

5. You miss the opportunity of having remitted a part, or all, of the temporal punishments due to your sins;

6. You lose the spiritual joy, the sweetness,and particular comfort that come from a fervent Holy Communion;

7. You lose a part of the glory that your body might enjoy at its resurrection on the Last Day;

8. You lose the greater degree of glory you would possess in Heaven for all eternity;

9. You may lose -- a) some particilar grace long prayed for; b) complete victory over some fault or passion; 3) the conversion or salvation of some soul; d) deliverance of a relative or friend from Purgatory; e) many graces for others, both the living and the dead.

Will a few extra minutes of sleep repay you for all these loses?

What riches many Catholics deprive themselves daily by neglecting Mass. It in itself is the best preparation for Holy Communion. At the hour of our death, our greatest consolation will be the Masses we have heard and the Communions received.

3-ways of the Spiritual Life by Rev. R. Garrigou-La Grange. 120 pages. $3

Up to 10 copies of this leaflet free. Additional copies $1 per 100, or $8 per 1,000. Write to Christian Family Renewal, Box 73, Clovis, CA 91613. Phone (209) 291-4858.

END QUOTE

Caution: I've had this leaflet for a very long time. Contact info may not be current.

Likos

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1292906' date='Jun 11 2007, 06:53 PM']QUOTE:

It is well for you to consider what you lose every morning that you pass up Holy Communion:

1. You miss a personal visit with Jesus, Author of all spiritual energy and of all holiness;

2. You lose a special increase of Sanctifying Grace -- the Divine Life of God Himself -- which makes your soul more pleasing to God;

3. You lose a quota of Sacramental Grace which entitles you to special help in time of temptation and in the discharge of your special duties;

4. You miss the special preserving influence which each Holy Communion confers against the fires of passion;

5. You miss the opportunity of having remitted a part, or all, of the temporal punishments due to your sins;

6. You lose the spiritual joy, the sweetness,and particular comfort that come from a fervent Holy Communion;

7. You lose a part of the glory that your body might enjoy at its resurrection on the Last Day;

8. You lose the greater degree of glory you would possess in Heaven for all eternity;

9. You may lose -- a) some particilar grace long prayed for; b) complete victory over some fault or passion; 3) the conversion or salvation of some soul; d) deliverance of a relative or friend from Purgatory; e) many graces for others, both the living and the dead.

What riches many Catholics deprive themselves daily by neglecting Mass. It in itself is the best preparation for Holy Communion. At the hour of our death, our greatest consolation will be the Masses we have heard and the Communions received.

Up to 10 copies of this leaflet free. Additional copies $1 per 100, or $8 per 1,000. Write to Christian Family Renewal, Box 73, Clovis, CA 91613. Phone (209) 291-4858.

END QUOTE

Caution: I've had this leaflet for a very long time. Contact info may not be current.

Likos[/quote]

Excellent points. I do love going to daily Mass whenever possible, I just have to remind myself of what time it is. :)

MissScripture

I just started going a lot more since I came home from school. It's nice, because I go to Mass and then straight to work. And I only have to get up 15 minutes earlier, since I can't eat before Mass, anyway, so then I grab something to bring with and eat on my way to work. (Like a granola bar or something)
I sort of feel lost if I have to miss it now...like I forgot to do something important.

I wanted to go to daily mass a lot more often than the maybe 3 in a month... right now I'm not in the position. But I want to try, especially after reading that leaflet (above). Such a wondrous gift!

Does it count that I'm a church organist who goes 5 times a weekend, plus 3 Masses during an average week? Around 30 times a month for me. I don't receive at every Mass however...

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1292906' date='Jun 11 2007, 01:53 PM']QUOTE:

END QUOTE

Likos[/quote]
Timeless no matter how old! :applause:

RezaMikhaeil

It's great to take it, it has a purpose but taking it unworthily [such as having bitterness against someone else, not going to confession, etc] is worse then not taking it, so we should put emphisis on that too, not just emphisis on everyone taking it. It's important to take it worthily.

In regards to the belief of the Eucharist, I was won over by the Bible and the power of God.

Edited by RezaLemmyng

[indent]What is the power of the Holy Eucharist in life of the faithful? Or better let us discuss the Holy Eucharist - just for another study material. [/indent]

what's the debate? Please see this thread for guidelines: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=67979"]Topics on the Debate Table must be Debatable[/url]

p.s. thanks Likos!

I would go a LOT more if I could... since I'm fifteen, I can't drive myself. I should start asking my mom to take me more often... it might take some work, though. I just got back from a five-day Catholic conference where we had Mass every day... I was on :cloud9:.

Recently, my boyfriend's mom has taken me with them a few times, which was awesome. and possibly, when school starts, I'll be able to go two or more times a week. I'm excited! ^_^