An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abortion Music Video Infront Of Planned Parenthood

RezaMikhaeil

RezaMikhaeil

First I'd like to appologize for not posting regularly. I'm a musician as my source of income [along with my wife's nursing career] and we're in the midst of finalizing our music project titled Static Identification. We're getting the last bits of recording and mixing finished, so we can send it to mastering and then manufacturing hopefully in two weeks, along side trying to film and edit several music videos... which brings me to the discussion.

We have a song about abortion, very explizit and detailed that we're considering filming a music video for... here's the lyrics:

[quote]Verse-1: Reza & Amanda
In the most sensitive, tissue consorted wit nerves in women, // is an organism attentively, amused wit echoes and murmurs, spoken words of sentences, // wit limbs and toes of skin tissues and bones responsive in it’s secluded liquid globe environment, // intended ta be protective, elusively growing as a child from heaven. // Is pill poisonin’ preventative medicated or premeditated murder impregnated? // Intercourse wit an oral contraceptive // didn’t kill the unborn incarnate surviving in an adolescent. // Who’s morals is suggestive of // abortion is the right of women? // The feminist Hillary Clinton is suggestive, it’s intrusive to force a child rights on women // it’s kind of oppressive, the fetus isn’t a human at that point then is it? // It’s clinically the worst kind of child abuse isn’t it? // It ain’t just an it, it’s a he/she and at eight weeks there’s a heart beat and brain activity but let’s hear it from a Fetus.

Verse-2: Reza & Amanda
It’s overwhelming // beginning in this jelled honeycomb realm, // living in mommy’s own belly, // is that smoke smelt? // it’s difficult to breathe in her, isn’t smoking the leading cause of pre-mature born children? // Is that grand mommy yelling? // I’m not a stupid promiscuous beesh, it was a mistake having pre-marital sex, // but this baby’s a human isn’t it? What… it’s not without a husband outside of wedlock? // It ain’t like mommy’s own life is threatened? Is this the death doctor? I thought they take an oath to preserve lives as doctors? Hitler invented these abortion techniques wit his death doctors, so I guess you’re venerating his legacy during the Holocaust. // I’m going to feel a pinch, doctor? // What’s this salty solution? Ahhhh… it burns… it’s polluting the womb… mommy! // Why’s it’s head green doctor? // That’s just from the lack of oxygen… // so it suffocated to death? Are those burn marks on it’s body?[/quote]

Now here's the contraversal part: We're thinking about filming a music video, at midnight infront of planned parenthood [and maybe sneek inside and film what we can, in a documentory style]. For the second verse, we're thinking of showing an actual "Candy Apple Baby" [clang term for this style of abortion] being aborted. It's obviously a project that might catch us heat over, [which we're not sure if we want to risk, thou we're kinda passionate about it] but will also make a major statement. It's also very disgusting and slightly explizit. We know lots of various anti-abortion websites to get the clips from [in which I don't even know if I'll be able to film it without passing out or going insane], and we think it would make a powerful message, but we're not sure if it would be "crossing the line" or "going too far".

Point: A grip of rappers have done songs about abortion, and most of them get sifted thru quickly, seen as a work of opinion and nobody pays much attention to them. I know over 4 different hiphop crus that have done songs about abortion, but most never heard them because they didn't force people [their audience] to listen, but we're thinking if maybe we shock the h*ll out of them, with the most graphic [and trueful] ish... maybe someone will listen. I mean it's the hard truth, just sad too...

What's your thoughts?

Reza

Ok, first of all, you might be crossing the line alone with filming at midnight in front of an abortion clininc and sneaking inside. You might get yourself in trouble with the law there (trespassing). While i think its a cool idea, I also think it could get you in a lot of trouble.

Secondly, I am not an advocate of pictures and videos of bloody aborted babies being plastered all over the place. While it is a form of protesting, it really just makes me sick. Instead of getting me to watch your video, i would probably turn it off and try to purge the image from my memory.

Dont get me wrong, im 100% pro life... I would just rethink some of these ideas.

I'm with Chelsea here. There are people out there that can't stand mutilated flesh. Even the thought of it. It will make them literally sick to there stomach. I have a friend who did a "Lifesaver Retreat", a pro-life retreat for grade 8s. He explained a method of abortion to a young person who asked, and he ended up throwing up after hearing it. You'd better be really careful. Otherwise, go out there and try and make a difference. Have lots of prayer behind you. Go out there and get them, my Culture Warrior friend! :)

Just a fellow musician's two [Canadian] cents

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1297452' date='Jun 17 2007, 07:09 PM']It will make them literally sick to there stomach.[/quote]

That might be the only thing that gets through to some people...

Anyway, I agree with the notion of not trespassing. I'm sure there are many other ways of getting images of "candy apple babies" or the like.

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1297496' date='Jun 17 2007, 06:43 PM']That might be the only thing that gets through to some people...[/quote]
precisely

KnightofChrist

That [b]is[/b] the only thing that gets through to some people... "I just thought they where a blob of cells, she had a face!"

Quite frankly, whenever I see images of aborted children, it just makes me gag and try to forget it. It won't change anyone's mind - it will just make anti-abortionists look like macabre street preachers, which is a turn-off to many, many people.

I don't think women abort because they hate children - I think they abort because they don't feel they have any other choice. Give them a viable alternative route, and they will choose life. Most women don't want to live with the guilt that abortion brings. Don't string up pictures of aborted children - it will only drive the guilty further from the church. When my parish offers anonymous prayers for aborted children and assistance for at-risk mothers, women who have experienced abortion (either as the mother or friend) say it helps them to come closer to reconciliation with God than being assaulted with pictures of dead children.

And trespassing will get you ticketed or arrested, which brings discredit to the rest of the anti-abortion workers out there.

Edited by VaticanIILiturgist

KnightofChrist

I've used the images before but as a last resort, and they did work. The quote in my last post is at least very close to what one said when looking at them. They work because they show reality, which is absolutely counter to "its just a blob of cells."

I'm just askin cuz you could prolly get away with it in the metal and hardcore world, with the stuff alot of bands get away with lyrically...

I think it is foolish to trespass. And I am curious as to where you expect the video to be played? I am not sure I would want my kid stumbling onto something like that on tv. Would it be just on anti-abortions sites? Are you trying to make a move onto You Tube?

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='chelsea' post='1296840' date='Jun 16 2007, 02:39 PM']Ok, first of all, you might be crossing the line alone with filming at midnight in front of an abortion clininc and sneaking inside. You might get yourself in trouble with the law there (trespassing). While i think its a cool idea, I also think it could get you in a lot of trouble.[/quote] The sneeking inside wouldn't be during the night, it would be giving someone a camera to go inside and meet with a doctor, telling him that they're interested in getting an abortion, while not obviously [this individual would be someone that's part of my team, that I work with]. In regards to the filming at midnight, that would be the part where we film us infront of the building.

[code]Secondly, I am not an advocate of pictures and videos of bloody aborted babies being plastered all over the place. While it is a form of protesting, it really just makes me sick. Instead of getting me to watch your video, i would probably turn it off and try to purge the image from my memory.[/code]

I'm not nessessarily an advocate for it either, and if people stopped aborting children [which is the goal], then those images would cease to exist and we wouldn't have to worry about it.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1297452' date='Jun 17 2007, 05:09 PM']I'm with Chelsea here. There are people out there that can't stand mutilated flesh. Even the thought of it. It will make them literally sick to there stomach. I have a friend who did a "Lifesaver Retreat", a pro-life retreat for grade 8s. He explained a method of abortion to a young person who asked, and he ended up throwing up after hearing it. You'd better be really careful. Otherwise, go out there and try and make a difference. Have lots of prayer behind you. Go out there and get them, my Culture Warrior friend! :)[/quote] It's weird because, I haven't met a single individual that has had an abortion that didn't know the technicalities of it, just most of the had never seen it for themselves. It's very simple for them to say, "oh... hypothetically this is what happens" but seeing it for themselves is different. As a child/teen I had been told "what goes on" per se but it didn't strike me as hard as when I'd stumbled upon "abortiontv.com"'s website and was exposed to these graphic images.

[code]Just a fellow musician's two [Canadian] cents[/code]

Nice, what kind of music do you make? I'd love to give a listen sometime.

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1297496' date='Jun 17 2007, 06:43 PM']That might be the only thing that gets through to some people...[/quote] It might be, who's to know for sure.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1297556' date='Jun 17 2007, 08:43 PM']That [b]is[/b] the only thing that gets through to some people... "I just thought they where a blob of cells, she had a face!"[/quote] What's interesting is that I don't think that Hillary Clinton and the fast others [including young teens that are brainwashed by their parents] quite paint abortion in the proper light. I'd once listened to a speech by Ms. Clinton and she was almost acting as if the abortion was saving the teens life, and she even was approving measures of teens getting abortions, without their parents right to even know about it, saying that the teens needed to be protected from their parents. This to me, was almost romanticising it, so it got me to thinking, what if someone forced Mrs. Clinton to attend an abortion proceeding, forcing her to help in the murder, would she romanticise it the same as she did before?

I'm not sure of this idea, but if these individuals getting these abortions, were forced to have an ultrasound of the baby moving, it's responses of life and the joy that comes with it, and were properly educated to it's ability to sense things, to have brain activity and a heart beat, their decision would be quite different.

[quote name='VaticanIILiturgist' post='1297730' date='Jun 18 2007, 10:55 AM']Quite frankly, whenever I see images of aborted children, it just makes me gag and try to forget it. It won't change anyone's mind - it will just make anti-abortionists look like macabre street preachers, which is a turn-off to many, many people.[/quote] Not that I was ever "pro-abortion" but it definately changed my mind in the sense that I don't sympathize with those that condone abortions even the least bit no more.

[code]I don't think women abort because they hate children - I think they abort because they don't feel they have any other choice.[/code] Don't you think that some of them abort so that they can go on living their self centered lifestyle? My sister-in-law once had an abortion and it was because she "wasn't prepared to take care of a baby" [for she was only in high school, thou I think it was a pathetic excuse for killing], but she didn't want to practice abstinence... in other words, "she wanted to have her cake and eat it too..."

[code]Give them a viable alternative route, and they will choose life. Most women don't want to live with the guilt that abortion brings. Don't string up pictures of aborted children - it will only drive the guilty further from the church.[/code] It's true, that the Church does bear some of the guilt, to not better directing these girls towards the right path, hanging the "pre-martial affairs" guilt over their heads, I don't think that the blood is nessessarily on the Church's hands, the church didn't chose the ultimate fate. The Church's only guilt remains in not promoting the lives of Saints in their own lives, as much as is nessessary. In my house we promote the lives of Saints like St. Mary the Theotokos, that chose the most Pro-Life stance possible, despite having been impregnated in a society that stoned women for having children outside of wedlock. It didn't say that she had "the perfect situation, so as to be Pro-life", therefore a teen talking about "Social pressure", etc. just doesn't fly in my book.

[code]When my parish offers anonymous prayers for aborted children and assistance for at-risk mothers, women who have experienced abortion (either as the mother or friend) say it helps them to come closer to reconciliation with God than being assaulted with pictures of dead children.[/code] We could try and be "comforting", as much as we'd like [and I encourage that] but it doesn't erase the murder of children. It seems that we put a bit too much faith in "comforting" or making execuse such as, "if only the society didn't fail them", but we forget that they have a conscious, they made the decision. Now I'm not saying "hang it over their heads", but I'm saying that these images might affect the outcome of other children.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1297820' date='Jun 18 2007, 12:26 PM']I've used the images before but as a last resort, and they did work. The quote in my last post is at least very close to what one said when looking at them. They work because they show reality, which is absolutely counter to "its just a blob of cells."[/quote] Defiantely, it has human hands that clasp with life.

[quote name='Didymus' post='1297836' date='Jun 18 2007, 12:47 PM']is this rap? I'm sorry, maybe I didn't see, but what style of music is this?[/quote] It is hiphop [some call it rap], but it's conscious [the whole project is]. The first verse is talking about abortion from the technical side, the second verse talks about it from the Fetus perspective. It also has my wife in there, playiing the role of the mother, and it also has the "death doctor", played by myself but with a pitch shift affect to make it sound more gloom.

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1297896' date='Jun 18 2007, 02:12 PM']Won't you need permission to shoot on location?[/quote] Does Michael Moore have permission to film on location? Does he ever get fined, go to prison, etc? If we're asked to leave, then we'll leave.

[quote name='prose' post='1297953' date='Jun 18 2007, 03:57 PM']And I am curious as to where you expect the video to be played? I am not sure I would want my kid stumbling onto something like that on tv. Would it be just on anti-abortions sites? Are you trying to make a move onto You Tube?[/quote] Youtube primarily. I don't want little children seeing it, but then again if parents are just letting their children surf youtube solo, without supervision, I'm sure that their children have seen worse. It's going to be tagged as "mature" on youtube, so people will have to "confirm" that they are of age to watch. It will also be found on anti-abortion websites probably, whatever we can do to get it out there [if we decide to film it as such, we're still debating it].

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1297971' date='Jun 18 2007, 04:18 PM']Hey look as long as Reza can find a legal way of doing things I support him![/quote]

Why thank you... we're not posetive that we're going to do it yet. We're finishing several other videos before it probably, it might be one of those videos that comes out a year after the album is released, to give it one last contraversal push but who knows. Right now we're just tossing the idea around.

Reza

CatholicCid

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1298025' date='Jun 18 2007, 06:31 PM']Does Michael Moore have permission to film on location? Does he ever get fined, go to prison, etc? If we're asked to leave, then we'll leave.[/quote]

Possibly? I don't know the legal stuff between video and trespassing and such. Ask any legal friends if you know anyone. Better to check beforehand then get sued/forced to change the video afterwards.
As for filming in an abortion clinic, I believe there was a case recently were a group was sued for taping 'meetings' with abortionists and playing them online without consent. I don't know if that was for shooting inside a privately owned building or for using people without permission though.

Here's something that might help I googled:
[url="http://www.kantor.com/useful/Legal-Rights-of-Photographers.pdf"]http://www.kantor.com/useful/Legal-Rights-...otographers.pdf[/url]

Edited by CatholicCid