An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abortion Music Video Infront Of Planned Parenthood

RezaMikhaeil

Archaeology cat

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1296486' date='Jun 16 2007, 10:12 AM']First I'd like to appologize for not posting regularly. I'm a musician as my source of income [along with my wife's nursing career] and we're in the midst of finalizing our music project titled Static Identification. We're getting the last bits of recording and mixing finished, so we can send it to mastering and then manufacturing hopefully in two weeks, along side trying to film and edit several music videos... which brings me to the discussion.

We have a song about abortion, very explizit and detailed that we're considering filming a music video for... here's the lyrics:
Now here's the contraversal part: We're thinking about filming a music video, at midnight infront of planned parenthood [and maybe sneek inside and film what we can, in a documentory style]. For the second verse, we're thinking of showing an actual "Candy Apple Baby" [clang term for this style of abortion] being aborted. It's obviously a project that might catch us heat over, [which we're not sure if we want to risk, thou we're kinda passionate about it] but will also make a major statement. It's also very disgusting and slightly explizit. We know lots of various anti-abortion websites to get the clips from [in which I don't even know if I'll be able to film it without passing out or going insane], and we think it would make a powerful message, but we're not sure if it would be "crossing the line" or "going too far".

Point: A grip of rappers have done songs about abortion, and most of them get sifted thru quickly, seen as a work of opinion and nobody pays much attention to them. I know over 4 different hiphop crus that have done songs about abortion, but most never heard them because they didn't force people [their audience] to listen, but we're thinking if maybe we shock the h*ll out of them, with the most graphic [and trueful] ish... maybe someone will listen. I mean it's the hard truth, just sad too...

What's your thoughts?

Reza[/quote]

To be honest, I'm torn. On the one hand, I really think people need to know exactly what abortion is, what it does. The idea of abortion makes me sick, especially since I'm pregnant at the moment. I personally never responded well to the images, but then, I've always been against abortion. So I guess I don't really have any great advice here, but I wish you well with it.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1298295' date='Jun 19 2007, 01:04 AM']To be honest, I'm torn. On the one hand, I really think people need to know exactly what abortion is, what it does. The idea of abortion makes me sick, especially since I'm pregnant at the moment. I personally never responded well to the images, but then, I've always been against abortion. So I guess I don't really have any great advice here, but I wish you well with it.[/quote]

I'm very torn too... I'd been torn for a while, what keeps me from wanting to broadcast such brutality is the women that had to have an abortion to save their life, because that wasn't nessessarily their fault and I don't want these images to feel like a guilt trip over their heads, because it's not directed at them, it's directed at those that use abortion to justify their own sinful behavior.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1298307' date='Jun 19 2007, 09:58 AM']I'm very torn too... I'd been torn for a while, what keeps me from wanting to broadcast such brutality is the women that had to have an abortion to save their life, because that wasn't nessessarily their fault and I don't want these images to feel like a guilt trip over their heads, because it's not directed at them, it's directed at those that use abortion to justify their own sinful behavior.[/quote]

Yeah, I understand. And it's definitely gut-wrenching (I have seen the images). Again, I wish you the best. Oh, and I like the lyrics. :)

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1298025' date='Jun 18 2007, 07:31 PM']Does Michael Moore have permission to film on location? Does he ever get fined, go to prison, etc? If we're asked to leave, then we'll leave.

Reza[/quote]

good point! Do it all! let's see this vid!

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Didymus' post='1299434' date='Jun 21 2007, 08:06 AM']good point! Do it all! let's see this vid![/quote]

We're kinda working on it, we're just finishing the editing on our video for our song "Truth or Dare", and so "Candy Apple Babies" [the abortion one] should be in the works soon, we have a friend of ours that's in college right now, going for a masters degree that has told me just today that she might be pregnant and that she doesn't want it, and is going to persue an abortion [thou her parents are pro-life], so this song has brought new meaning to our hearts.

Reza

Archaeology cat

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1299798' date='Jun 22 2007, 03:03 PM']We're kinda working on it, we're just finishing the editing on our video for our song "Truth or Dare", and so "Candy Apple Babies" [the abortion one] should be in the works soon, we have a friend of ours that's in college right now, going for a masters degree that has told me just today that she might be pregnant and that she doesn't want it, and is going to persue an abortion [thou her parents are pro-life], so this song has brought new meaning to our hearts.

Reza[/quote]

Prayers for her. And I'd love to hear the songs when they're ready.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Seven77' post='1299817' date='Jun 22 2007, 08:39 AM']can we hear the song as we await the video?[/quote]

In the coming month, definately. We're going to put the whole album on our myspace page [actually most songs just will have 30 seconds but the abortion one, and the ones that we're doing music videos for will have the full songs for listen. We pretty much just have to master it.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1299819' date='Jun 22 2007, 08:45 AM']Prayers for her. And I'd love to hear the songs when they're ready.[/quote]

Prayers for her are def encouraged. It kinda caught me off guard, cause I wrote this song like over 5 years ago and had decided 3 years ago not to put it on the project, but then I just kinda felt it was something that needed to be heard, so I'd decided to add it to the disk, and then last night, I talked with her and she told me that, and it kinda was like... "dang, maybe this has a purpose that's closer to my heart".

Reza