An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Thoughts As Catholics

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1301407' date='Jun 25 2007, 11:31 PM']i wonder what his basis is for saying hell does not exist. he's a perfect example. i'd really like to talk to him or people like him. they say four percent or somewhere around there of people have the experience so if anyoine here is one or has known one, they should ask them to come here.
i think that he might be saying that hell isn't what we think.... like fire and brimestone, or an all or nothing experience. there's degrees. or maybe he had the feeling of love and over extended to what he should not have ad said hell does not exist. or maybe hell is a possiblity, but people's inherent nature is such that someday everyone might convert, maybe. there's a lot of ifs.[/quote]
Sadly he wouldn't be able to come on phatmass, he hasn't even got a home at the moment. I think from what he told me that he experienced a peace that he had not anticipated could exist, which really shocked him. He also felt what it was like to be loved.

Prior to his attempt (he doesn't really want to succeed in taking his life, it was a call for help) he was talking about how he wanted to end his life but that people had told him hell would await him. So when he had that experience he went around telling us all that hell didn't exist.

The telling thing is that he now believes in God and whenever he has suicidal feelings, he runs to a Catholic church to look for an image of Our Lady. Maybe there is something in that. I haven't seen him in a while.

(But while I'm here can I ask, please say a prayer for him? Thanks!)