An Old School Catholic Message Board

Free Vocation Guide For 2008 Now Available...

jkaands

philosophette

I do not disagree with you at all, Veritas... but I feared this thread turning into something of the like that started complaining about modified habits. The door was somewhat opened and I just wanted to seal the crack, so to say. ;)

I like longer outifts, too, but that is not where God is calling me... so I kinda have to adjust my expectations!

philosophette

[quote name='Veritas' post='1302065' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:46 AM']+

I don't like showing my ankles, personally! I think it's distracting to see a nun's ankles, too.[/quote]

Why are a nun's ankles any different from any other woman's?

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1302073' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:56 AM']Why are a nun's ankles any different from any other woman's?[/quote]

+

lol! Again, I just find it distracting because it looks kind of out of place to me... they're all covered-up, but then their ankles are showing. So, your eyes are drawn to their ankles and feet when you first see them!

Thanks for your previous post, too. I see your intentions. I don't think we'd have too many quibblers here on the modified habit (within reason), now on those with no habit at all... well, we won't start that discussion!

philosophette

[quote name='Veritas' post='1302078' date='Jun 26 2007, 11:08 AM']+

lol! Again, I just find it distracting because it looks kind of out of place to me... they're all covered-up, but then their ankles are showing. So, your eyes are drawn to their ankles and feet when you first see them![/quote]

You must have enjoyed that story about St Teresa of Avila and the guy who commented on her ankles as she got into a carriage... ever hear it? :cool:

[quote]Thanks for your previous post, too. I see your intentions. I don't think we'd have too many quibblers here on the modified habit (within reason), now on those with no habit at all... well, we won't start that discussion![/quote]

May God be so merciful to spare us. :rolleyes:

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1302258' date='Jun 26 2007, 12:14 PM']You must have enjoyed that story about St Teresa of Avila and the guy who commented on her ankles as she got into a carriage... ever hear it? :cool:
May God be so merciful to spare us. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yes, well, some senor complimented The Saint's ankles, and she replied,

"Take a good look! That's the last time you'll ever see them!"

...and promptly directed her nuns to wear [i]stockings [/i]with their sandals!

[quote name='jkaands' post='1302300' date='Jun 26 2007, 03:40 PM']Yes, well, some senor complimented The Saint's ankles, and she replied,

"Take a good look! That's the last time you'll ever see them!"

...and promptly directed her nuns to wear [i]stockings [/i]with their sandals![/quote]

:lol_roll: