An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Not To Hire An American

Budge

This is a fully political topic, but you folks should see this stuff..

{the plan is obvious to turn the USA into a third world nation}

Look at this fraud, watching this made me want to puke..this is how they bypass Americans pretending no Americans want the jobs to hire CHEAPER foreigners.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU[/url]

[quote]Immigration attorneys from Cohen & Grigsby explains how they assist employers in running classified ads with the goal of NOT finding any qualified applicants, and the steps they go through to disqualify even the most qualified Americans in order to secure green cards for H-1b workers. See what Bush and Congress really mean by a "shortage of skilled U.S. workers." Microsoft, Oracle, Hewlett-Packard, and thousands of other companies are running fake ads in Sunday newspapers across the country each week[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx--jNQYNgA&mode=related&search="]LOU DOBBS TALKS ABOUT THE VIDEO ABOVE[/url]

his is proof that Americans are being totally SOLD down the river for global elites.

Remember its not just low-skilled jobs that are going POOF! but high skill and colleged degree jobs.

Sometimes these things feel just too BIG,and that we are so small. We just must remember that our prayers do not go unanswered! We may not always like the answer he provides for us though! JC

Edited by jckinsman

[quote name='Budge' post='1301997' date='Jun 26 2007, 09:45 AM']his is proof that Americans are being totally SOLD down the river for global elites.

Remember its not just low-skilled jobs that are going POOF! but high skill and colleged degree jobs.[/quote]
The crime here is not just Americans defrauded, but the extortion of foreigners for cheap labor. This is taking advantage of them. The laborer deserves a just wage. Budge, the U.S Catholic bishops do not approve of this behavior. Addressing this problem and similar ones is part of their immigration reform position.

If the bishops were agianst this, they would not support amnesty and illegal immigraiton, they would be telling Mexico get its act together. Google Mexican billionaire.

The Mexican people who come here are being turned into slaves and they are slaves in even worse position in their country.

This open borders stuff actually helps their exploitation along.

I lived in a ghetto neighborhood before for a few years, full of Mexican immigrants, some legal and illegal as far as I could tell.

I knew where the sweat shops were usually places with doors and lines of people and NO WINDOWS, and while I and fiance now husband went to work for our aloted 8 hour shifts, they were all working 16 hour shifts.

This stuff is happening in America right now.

[quote name='Budge' post='1304053' date='Jun 28 2007, 05:29 AM']If the bishops were agianst this, they would not support amnesty and illegal immigraiton, they would be telling Mexico get its act together. Google Mexican billionaire.[/quote]

The U.S. bishops do not support illegal immigration or amnesty. Here is the position of the U.S. bishops:

[quote][b]Does the Catholic Church support illegal immigration?[/b]

The Catholic Bishops do not condone unlawful entry or circumventions of our nation’s immigration laws. The bishops believe that reforms are necessary in order for our nation’s immigration system to respond to the realities of separated families and labor demands that compel people to immigrate to the United States, whether in an authorized or unauthorized fashion.

Our nation’s economy demands foreign labor, yet there are insufficient visas to meet this demand. Close family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents face interminable separations, sometimes of twenty years or longer, due to backlogs of available visas. U.S. immigration laws and policies need to be updated to reflect these realties.

[b]Does the Catholic Church support “amnesty”?[/b]

The Catholic bishops are proposing an earned legalization for those in this country in an unauthorized status and who have built up equities and are otherwise admissible. “Amnesty,” as commonly understood, implies a pardon and a reward for those who did not obey immigration laws, creating inequities for those who wait for legal entry. The bishops’ proposal is not an “amnesty.”

The Bishops’ earned legalization proposal provides a window of opportunity for undocumented immigrants who are already living in our communities and contributing to our nation to come forward, pay a fine and application fee, go through rigorous criminal background checks and security screenings, demonstrate that they have paid taxes and are learning English, and obtain a visa that could lead to permanent residency, over time.
[url="http://www.justiceforimmigrants.org/faq_cath_position.html"]Source[/url][/quote]

For a more complete understanding, you should read [url="http://www.usccb.org/mrs/stranger.shtml"]Strangers No Longer: Together on the Journey of Hope[/url].

[quote]I knew where the sweat shops were usually places with doors and lines of people and NO WINDOWS, and while I and fiance now husband went to work for our aloted 8 hour shifts, they were all working 16 hour shifts.

This stuff is happening in America right now.[/quote]
Did you report the business? What did the authorities do?

The bishops support the present bill before congress and that contains amnesty.

What you have posted to me is just double talk.
..you think everywhere is run like Mayberry USA?

I lived right next to a predominantly Mexican neighborhood, with some other minorities included.

Edited by Budge

So American barrios are a figment of the imagination?

Ok......

Take a trip out of the suburbs sometime...

the 20 million are here.

Sheesh.

{I was UU when I lived there, IE liberal who was CLUELESS about immigration at the time}

Edited by Budge

[quote name='Budge' post='1304435' date='Jun 28 2007, 03:15 PM']The bishops support the present bill before congress and that contains amnesty.[/quote]
What form of reconciliation with the law would consider not amnesty?

I am starting to believe some people throw the word "amnesty" around without thinking about what it really means. It's the hot buzzword of the day. Its true meaning is secondary.

[quote]What you have posted to me is just double talk.

The authorities?...you think everywhere is run like Mayberry USA?

We had 30 illegal immigrants living to one house on my street. You think the cops didnt know? They had to have. It was obvious.[/quote]
I agree with the bishops and find their position to be consistent. (According to the U.S. bishops spokesman, who spoke on EWTN's "The World Over," the bishops mostly agree with the bill, but are troubled by some parts.) When any law is broken, there is a path of reconciliation to amend the guilty party's ways. Given the standards some have set, I should never be allowed to drive on the roads if I ever commit a moving violation.

Now what does seem to me to be double talk is speaking in a public forum about how tough you are on illegal immigration, and yet do nothing about it when it's right down the street from you. Oh wait, that's probably more like hypocrisy.

[quote]I agree with the bishops and find their position to be consistent. (According to the U.S. bishops spokesman, who spoke on EWTN's "The World Over," the bishops mostly agree with the bill, but are troubled by some parts.) When any law is broken, there is a path of reconciliation to amend the guilty party's ways. Given the standards some have set, I should never be allowed to drive on the roads if I ever commit a moving violation.

Now what does seem to me to be double talk is speaking in a public forum about how tough you are on illegal immigration, and yet do nothing about it when it's right down the street from you. Oh wait, that's probably more like hypocrisy.[/quote]

Ok you go to LA right now and start rounding people up in the American Mexican barrio, and figure out whose here legally and whose not, language barrier and all and see how long you last.

I was a Democratic voting LIBERAL them, UU remember? Me and your Cardinal Mahoney would have been pals on immigration back then.

Anyhow its sick to me how youve made me the target, {I believe the Mexicans are victims and see them as pawns in this system of cheap labor and exploitation] instead of even comenting on the video that shows a lawfirm holding a seminar on bypassing willing American workers for cheaper foreign labor, and the problem you have iS WITH ME?

So wonder this country is in the trouble its in.

well weve gotten a reprieve.

I think they voted this way because the outrage of the American people was so great, they couldnt afford not to listen.

[url="http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8Q1UNF00&show_article=1"]SENATE BLOCKS IMMIGRATION BILL[/url]

[quote name='Budge' post='1304460' date='Jun 28 2007, 03:44 PM']Ok you go to LA right now and start rounding people up in the American Mexican barrio, and figure out whose here legally and whose not, language barrier and all and see how long you last.[/quote]
I am not you.

[quote]I was a Democratic voting LIBERAL them, UU remember? Me and your Cardinal Mahoney would have been pals on immigration back then.[/quote]
Have you reported this house of illegals since your awakening?

[quote]Anyhow its sick to me how youve made me the target, {I believe the Mexicans are victims and see them as pawns in this system of cheap labor and exploitation] instead of even comenting on the video that shows a lawfirm holding a seminar on bypassing willing American workers for cheaper foreign labor, and the problem you have iS WITH ME?

So wonder this country is in the trouble its in.[/quote]
I did not force you to bring you knowing about what's in the house down the street. I did not force you to speak tough on immigration. If you take a stand someone is going to disagree with, prepare to defend your stand.

I did not like what I saw in the video. If it accurately portrays what was going on, they should be fined and cease from selling those services.