An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Not To Hire An American

Budge

It would seem to me that a form of a [i]mia culpa[/i] is the only realistic way of solving this illegal immigration problem. We cannot demonize those who are here illegally because they've done exactly what we would've done if put in their shoes. They are trying to do anything they can do provide for their families, working hard as jobs which pay pennies for back-breaking labor. Sure they have broken our laws, but think about it: if our government had been doing its job in protecting our borders, would there be 12+ million here illegally?

This is why I think the only form of legislation that could be passed that would actually accomplish what needs to be done cannot involve any form of removal of these people. We should set up a system that says "Hey, you're here. We can't get you out, so here's what we're gonna do. You have to come and register with the government and say that you're here. Then you have to stay here, pay your taxes, have a consistent, steady, legal form of income, learn English and [b]obey the laws[/b]. If you can do that for [b][i]x[/i][/b] amount of years, then we can put you on the path to citizenship." Now, to those who have done the right thing and have gone through the legal process of immigration, we should say "Thank you for doing the right thing. We don't want to push ya'll back, so we're gonna speed up the process for ya'll as a reward for being the sort of immigrant that we want in this country."

What do ya'll think?

[quote name='kujo' post='1304482' date='Jun 28 2007, 04:35 PM']What do ya'll think?[/quote]
Sounds a lot like what the bishops have proposed. The problem with any solution for some is anything short of kicking violators out is amnesty. Any rational conversion exits stage left. There is only one way to skin a cat for them.

Probably the only area I am iffy on with the bishops is enforcement using a wall. I admit I can be easily convinced of the ineffectiveness and unnecessary cost of implementing a wall.

I have the solution.

Offer temporary amnesty. Give all working illegals one month to report, then instantly deport all who have not. Match each working illegal up with a non-working able bodied American and give the American one month to take the job of the illegal. If said American doesn't want to work at all, then the illegal becomes a citizen, gets all the non-working American's stuff (which often includes, bizarrely, a large screen television) except for a set of clothes. Deport non-working American to former illegal's country.

• 2 months later...

In fairness, something that didn't attack Catholics, really, but an excellent example of the bizarre tactic of redirection. One speaks of "alleged illegals," another about Catholic Bishop positions.

No one, I repeat, noone, indicates barrios do not exist, yet such is the accusation leveled.

[quote name='Budge' post='1373519' date='Aug 29 2007, 01:56 PM']Thanks for bumping up so many of my old posts!:)[/quote]

Budge

Have you always been classified as a "Fundamentalist Baptist" on PM? I just noticed that today.

Kirisutodo333

[quote name='Budge' post='1301997' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:45 AM']This is a fully political topic, but you folks should see this stuff..

{the plan is obvious to turn the USA into a third world nation}
Look at this fraud, watching this made me want to puke..this is how they bypass Americans pretending no Americans want the jobs to hire CHEAPER foreigners.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx--jNQYNgA&mode=related&search="]LOU DOBBS TALKS ABOUT THE VIDEO ABOVE[/url]

his is proof that Americans are being totally SOLD down the river for global elites.

Remember its not just low-skilled jobs that are going POOF! but high skill and colleged degree jobs.[/quote]

Actually, what these Immigration Ads (that's what they're called) are for is to keep workers who are here on work visas to keep working with the company. In most cases, these workers (mostly engineers) are really good at their job and are very well liked in the company by their employers and fellow employees. They are normally sought out by companies because of their specialization and even their abilities to speak foreign languages. But when this said person's temporary Visa expires, before they can renew it, the law obligates the company to run an advertisement for the position which the said foreign person is currently in, to give the rest of the country a fair chance to apply to the position. Normally, the ad is run very plain as to not attract attention and of course, those who do apply are immediately told the position is filled. I really don't see this as something that's ridiculously shameful, I see it more of a burden for the company to keep having to run an ad every time a Visa expires because they happened to hire a good employee that just happened to live outside of the U.S. and wanted a better life for themselves. And all these employees must have Visas to even work at the company, which is legal. And no, it's normally not cheaper to hire these employees. Don't mistake this with the illegals that come in and get hired to do landscape or construction or maid services or restaurant staff for pennies.

[quote]Actually, what these Immigration Ads (that's what they're called) are for is to keep workers who are here on work visas to keep working with the company[/quote].

Why are we passing out these work visas. There are PLENTY of unemployed engineers who are AMERICANS. I even know acouple who ARE presently looking for a job.

Look all this guest worker nonsense is exploitaiton to destroy the American middle class. People's towns are DYING and this stuff has personally affected my life watching people suffer from unemployment, having someone close to me unemployed, having friends who are in their 40s even with jobs skills having to live at home with parents, watching a local area decimated via factories departing for Mexico or outsourcing overseas. Watch your loved town basically die with empty for sale signs everywhere and everyone being forced to move away and see how you feel. Some of us are living the results of this stuff sooner. As Ive admitted on this board, Im not in the typical computer using socioeconomic class, but these chickens are coming home to roost for the rest of the nation.

Also seeing another town in another county turn into a Little Mexico where one feels like theyve stepped out of America, not so bad for me because I can read Spanish but shocking when you just visited that same town 10 years ago and it was a whole different place. I still remember getting out of the car to use a payphone seeing the grass around me basically littered with CALL MEXICO phone cards...HUNDREDS OF THEM.

There are no jobs, and this whole country has been outsourced to death, and sold down the river. [u]Considering the dearth of jobs I dont think one VISA for employment should be handed out now,[/u] Im sorry unless it is for such a specialized technical RARE field they cant find anyone here.

Look its not just the working class being destroyed via immigration in this country where the people coming in are being exploited I believe as a new slave class--its also the MIDDLE CLASS< the white collars, being undercut and sold out as well...
[quote]11 Comments

Aug. 30 (Bloomberg) --[b] Help-wanted advertising in U.S. newspapers fell in July to the lowest level since 1958, and online job postings also declined[/b].[/quote]

[url="http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=198694"]LINK HERE[/url]

I know youre in a church that has filled your head with nonsense about immigration, the Mexican people are being exploited as well, basically a new slave class via rich elites who have sold Americans down the river who also profit from the corruption of Mexcio. Google Mexican billionaire, and end the delusions that Mexico has no wealth of its own.

Edited by Budge

[quote name='Budge' post='1374771' date='Aug 31 2007, 10:13 AM']I know youre in a church that has filled your head with nonsense about immigration, the Mexican people are being exploited as well, basically a new slave class via rich elites who have sold Americans down the river who also profit from the corruption of Mexcio. Google Mexican billionaire, and end the delusions that Mexico has no wealth of its own.[/quote]
I wasn't aware of any Church document stating that there was no wealth in Mexico. Where is it?

Who cares about "Church documents" on this topic.

YOUR bishops are actively supporting this huge influx of illegal immigration that is going to destroy the AMerican middle class and working class....

Get your head out of the sand. You know when towns go into poverty, they start laying off firefighters too.

Edited by Budge

My friend comes from a town that died becuase of a military base leaving.
My other friend's town died becuase a certain product became illegal.
A third friend's town "died" becuase of the company's illegal actions.
My town died becuase a factory left, but not b/c of outsourcing.
Another town I know of went caput becuase the skill they provided became unnecessary or unusual in our modern world.

There are tons of towns that "die" but it doesn't mean that its the fault of outsourcing. One must simply find out the skills the country has and adapt.

[quote]One must simply find out the skills the country has and adapt.[/quote]

Theres a point where the adaptations do not work.

and I dont think its right that you can brush off the decimation of ones loved community so flippantly as if these communities themselves are at fault. They have been sold down the river. There is no more social contract or even concern for others behind business decisions anymore. It used to be that those on top and others tried to invest in communities. They will pay for their short sightedness in this country very very soon. Why? Because whose going to be able to afford their products? It isnt going to be the poor immigrants or those in China living in worker dormitories--6 to a room that produce them. No one will have the income but to afford anything beyond goods that are totally necessary like food and medicine.

I know unemployed people with immense job skills/college degrees who even attempted career changes and more.

Many folks here are young, and have not faced the true economic world out there, yet {in school and otherwise] that awaits them. Let me tell you this, those who have parents of Baby boom age, they probably did alright, Generation X, well thats another story....

The powers that be, have trained Americans to think they are all the ONLY poor ones, and that if they only take up enough schooling and skills, they should have employment. This is a misonmer.

They dont care. they want the cheap labor and the open borders for open immigration basically for a new slave class they can underpay and profit off of. So many people are in college programs where there really are no jobs waiting for them or so few its not funny. Probably the only safe places now to train for are the trades like plumbing, nursing, medicine, and maybe law in a few areas.

Everything is being sent overseas. Ive seen the job ads myself, they were so much lower then last year, I was SHOCKED, ok? This is just about every field with the exceptance of a few medical areas and even those are starting to fall

Dont you think the powers that be, who are profitting off all this would rather Americans think, oh we didnt get the right skills, we didnt work hard enough, we choose the wrong thing to study, we arent on top enough, we didnt do it right, and not ask too many quesitons why the border to the south of us has essentially been thrown open?.

Edited by Budge