An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ann Coulter

catholicinsd

Aww, poor Edwards. You know, I don't really care about Ann Coulter. I think she is the equivalent to several left wing morons more interested in getting people to shake their stupid protest signs in the air. Edwards-who is rich, white and completely unconcerned with real life day to day problems--did not have to enter politics.

Politics is war, and tough to those who get their feelings hurt. I believe in honest exchange and reasoned discussion (No, it's True!) but that simply isn't possible right now. Every day, some frowny faced reporter says some half-truth he is either too lazy or too immoral to bother to fill out with real life. No one says a thing, they just jump up and down, hooting like gibbons. The big hoot is along the lines of "Republicans BAD!!!!ARRRGGHHH!"

So Ann Coulter's a dessicated raving lunatic. Fine. She made a joke about Edwards. I don't even know what the joke was. I do know CNSD doesn't have much in the way of a sense of humor and he's a knee-jerk opposer of "the man." I happen to be "the man," work with others who are "the man," and I see the whole story the news media and the public (whom I refer to as: "the stupid") regularly judge based on their experience at:

a) their desks
b) their water coolers
c) video games ("They're very realistic, now!")
d) their own vapid imaginations, sucked into eternal rot by Anne Rice vampire novels and television.

I am sick of seeing rich people complain. They, along with collectives of less rich people (PACs,) buy votes, get out of legal trouble, flaunt their ability to get out of legal trouble, interrupt perfectly good soap operas with pointless press conferences and, finally, lie about it all. John Edwards gets elected, I predict we will still pay too much tax, will still get into wars, will still have diseases like cancer and the cold. He's a politician. Very rarely will we get someone who, in the end, isn't the same as all the others. I don't care what people say about him. I don't care if he can't sleep for the seething mob and the incessant flash bulbs. I don't care. I have stronger words, but they will just get censored.

I do know this: Unless the media correctly predicts the outcome of the elections and/or gets the candidate they want (ie: the Democrat, even if he has a swastika tattoo on hie forehead) it will be 4-8 years of the same old carp pouring from their mouths like water from the Trevi Fountain.

I'm no fan of Ann Coulter, but the way this dustup has been portrayed and the selective editing of her remarks, sans context, peeves me off. There are dozens of actual quotes from Ms. Coulter that you could lambaste her over but this one is completely disingenuous and comes off as totally calculated to get Edwards' name in the press and garner some sympathy (not to mention raise a little cash).

Edited by Era Might