Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

I put this list of links together the other day and just felt that it deserved a thread of its own. Those who love profound Liturgy will no doubt appreciate the links below. Please post links to other videos of sweet Liturgies and phat Masses.

Pope Benedict at Orthodox Liturgy with the Patriarch of New Rome:
[url="http://www.ecupatriarchate.org/media/divine_liturgy_2006.php"]http://www.ecupatriarchate.org/media/divine_liturgy_2006.php[/url]

For those who prefer short clips of the above (less quality):
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHvahl1q-nQ&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHvahl1q-nQ...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo6bKQ12t3o&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo6bKQ12t3o...ted&search=[/url]
etc.


The Cherubic Hymn in nine minutes
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfudplnXYvE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfudplnXYvE[/url]

The Cherubic Hymn
"We, who mystically represent the Cherubim, and chant the thrice-holy hymn to the Life-giving Trinity, let us set aside the cares of life that we may receive the King of all, Who comes invisibly escorted by the Heavenly Hosts."


Mass in St. Louis (several clips)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4thjO2H5L8&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4thjO2H5L8...ted&search=[/url]


Short clip of Sarum rite Mass filmed in 1997
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21pnAoiGnjs&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21pnAoiGnjs...ted&search=[/url]


Roman Catholic Mass filmed in 1941
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6AOvStZS64&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6AOvStZS64...ted&search=[/url]

Silimar Mass filmed in 1991
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enWiFcsBqIE&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enWiFcsBqIE...ted&search=[/url]

A bit more Liturgy
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C12QU36jg4E&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C12QU36jg4E...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqPc1teJsbw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqPc1teJsbw[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIiYbrnANUM&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIiYbrnANUM...ted&search=[/url]

Posted (edited)

I love the Sarum Use... if it weren't for [mod]the Protestant Reformation[/mod] all people who live in English speaking countries would be going to the Sarum Liturgy today.

Edited by Era Might
Posted

Where can I attend the Sarum Rite in the US?

Posted

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1305854' date='Jun 29 2007, 03:26 PM']Where can I attend the Sarum Rite in the US?[/quote]

You can't. Though I hear there are some Catholic churches in the UK where it is said semi-frequently.

You can see the Sarum Missal here:
[url="http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bcp/Sarum/index.htm"]http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bcp/Sarum/index.htm[/url]

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1305853' date='Jun 29 2007, 03:24 PM']I love the Sarum Use... if it weren't for [mod]the Protestant Reformation[/mod] all people who live in English speaking countries would be going to the Sarum Liturgy today.[/quote]
Let us not forget the ancient and venerable Ambrosian Rite of the Holy Mass.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6EgF8kXS_k&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6EgF8kXS_k...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=johnKavghw0&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=johnKavghw0...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Ram24Rc0w&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Ram24Rc0w...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmJ0Q-vzQSA&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmJ0Q-vzQSA...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ9J4sAF-Ds&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ9J4sAF-Ds...ted&search=[/url]
Etc..

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

This is an interesting clip from an Ethiopian Orthodox Liturgy in the Ge'ez language.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm0Nm6Wkf9g&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm0Nm6Wkf9g...ted&search=[/url]


A couple lovely clips from an Ukrainian Catholic Liturgy (not the best video work but it was recorded by a nine year old so we'll forgive).

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Fg1mwRgEY&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Fg1mwRgEY...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Qo6jeEi6Y&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Qo6jeEi6Y...ted&search=[/url]


Part of a Malankara Syrian Orthodox Divine Liturgy (an ancient Christian Church of India).

Entrance etc:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIenwTA0S70&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIenwTA0S70...ted&search=[/url]

The washing of the feet during Holy Thursday:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB9rwqhymsk&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB9rwqhymsk...ted&search=[/url]

Posted

Thanks LD, those are great!!!

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Then we have the truly noble simplicity of this historically accurate "common parish" Medieval Mass (this is a valid Mass btw).

[url="http://www.liturgy.dk/default.asp?Action=Menu&Item=285"]http://www.liturgy.dk/default.asp?Action=Menu&Item=285[/url]

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

I love reading the texts of ancient Liturgies as well.

The Divine Liturgy of Saint James
[url="http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0717.htm"]http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0717.htm[/url]

The Divine Liturgy of Saint Mark
[url="http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0718.htm"]http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0718.htm[/url]

The Divine Liturgy of the Blessed Apostles (Liturgy of Sts. Adaeus and Maris)
[url="http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0719.htm"]http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0719.htm[/url]

The Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil the Great is beyond phat.
[url="http://www.goarch.org/en/chapel/liturgical_texts/basil.asp"]http://www.goarch.org/en/chapel/liturgical_texts/basil.asp[/url]

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1305859' date='Jun 29 2007, 03:35 PM']Let us not forget the ancient and venerable Ambrosian Rite of the Holy Mass.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6EgF8kXS_k&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6EgF8kXS_k...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=johnKavghw0&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=johnKavghw0...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Ram24Rc0w&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Ram24Rc0w...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmJ0Q-vzQSA&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmJ0Q-vzQSA...ted&search=[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ9J4sAF-Ds&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ9J4sAF-Ds...ted&search=[/url]
Etc..[/quote]

Yeah the Ambrosian is pretty cool...

It's too bad that there's no more Gallican Rite.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Can you make a permanent link somewhere for this stuff?

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1305882' date='Jun 29 2007, 04:30 PM']Can you make a permanent link somewhere for this stuff?[/quote]
Hmm.. I believe so. If phatty is cool with it I could add this thread to the defense directory somehow. It would be nice to have a reference for Liturgies.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1305881' date='Jun 29 2007, 04:29 PM']It's too bad that there's no more Gallican Rite.[/quote]
As I understand it the Divine Liturgy of St. Germanus is celebrated by some Churches in France and is considered to be a restored Gallican Rite Liturgy.

[img]http://orthodoxwiki.org/images/6/62/Arch_jean_st_irenee.jpg[/img]

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

The Divine Liturgy of Saint Gregory the Great
[url="http://members.aol.com/FrNicholas/liturgy.htm"]http://members.aol.com/FrNicholas/liturgy.htm[/url]

Divine Liturgy of Saint Tikhon
[url="http://members.tripod.com/occidental/content/tikhon.txt"]http://members.tripod.com/occidental/content/tikhon.txt[/url]


I found an English translation of the Stowe Missal (also called the Lorrha Sacramentary) in PDF format. This is a largely complete sacramentary of a Celtic Rite used by Irish missionaries and such way back in the eighth century.
[url="http://celticchristianity.org/library/stowe.pdf"]http://celticchristianity.org/library/stowe.pdf[/url]

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

We can't forget the Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts.

[url="http://www.byzantines.net/liturgy/presanctified.htm"]http://www.byzantines.net/liturgy/presanctified.htm[/url]

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

A clip from a Marankara Syriac Orthodox Church in India (with commentary in Malayalam).
Consecration of Myron (Chrism)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ-H-xm-7Pk&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ-H-xm-7Pk...ted&search=[/url]


[img]http://www.syrianchurch.org/ApostolicVisit2004/Moroon_c.jpg[/img]

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Why don't you pin it in trans as well.

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1305894' date='Jun 29 2007, 04:47 PM']As I understand it the Divine Liturgy of St. Germanus is celebrated by some Churches in France and is considered to be a restored Gallican Rite Liturgy.

[img]http://orthodoxwiki.org/images/6/62/Arch_jean_st_irenee.jpg[/img][/quote]

Yes, but it's celebrated in schismatical churches...

Posted

I love the music in the Sarum Rite clip. Wowzers it's lovely. Thanks for all these links, L_D!

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1305927' date='Jun 29 2007, 05:30 PM']Why don't you pin it in trans as well.[/quote]
The deed is done.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...