An Old School Catholic Message Board

Heaven

dairygirl4u2c

philosophette

[quote name='Seven77' post='1323732' date='Jul 10 2007, 10:02 PM']we won't have to to put up with dairygirl's silly questions and polls in heaven! yay![/quote]

I don't think this is a silly question... :unsure:

And Aloysius --- loved your post... haha...

gamesfanatic04

I imagine it will be like Corona's Cigar bar in orlando, only much bigger, and with Warhammer.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1319037' date='Jul 8 2007, 08:30 PM']Primarily, we will worship and give glory to God. This seems boring to most of our earthly mentalities[/quote]

Even on the earthly level, anyone who thinks this needs to seek a deeper experience of God in worship.

Because I so do not think it is at all boring.

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1323804' date='Jul 10 2007, 10:05 PM']I don't think this is a silly question... :unsure:[/quote]

it's not about the question itself...

let_go_let_God

My earthly mind cannot even fathom a drop of what heaven would be like. Even now in my fallen state, worshiping God in the fullness of truth and grace seems great and all, but seems like it would get boring after a millenium or two. But that currently is me thinking in my fallen mind. I believe that there is so much more than we can fathom in heaven and if we were to fathom it, we would probably die. So currently, I sit contented and continue to wonder and question because someday I hope that I will see, experience and taste heaven for what it truly is.

God bless-
LGLG

Guest Go4th2Love

[quote name='nunsense' post='1319029' date='Jul 8 2007, 06:27 PM']Why would you want to DO anything? In Heaven we will be in the presence of Jesus, our Lord and our God, and simply being with Him, loving Him, glorifying Him and worshipping Him will fill us completely. I long to BE in Heaven, not to Do in Heaven, and to let my soul magnify the Lord! :pray:[/quote]
I am not trying to be smart but have a genuine assertion. I am sure that you know far better than most that St. Therese of Liseux said that she would spend her Heaven "DOING good on earth." I may just have a limited grasp of the concept. I am sure that your previous statement is perfectly cohesive St. Therese's, but I would like to know how. :)

Guest Go4th2Love

[quote name='nunsense' post='1319029' date='Jul 8 2007, 06:27 PM']Why would you want to DO anything? In Heaven we will be in the presence of Jesus, our Lord and our God, and simply being with Him, loving Him, glorifying Him and worshipping Him will fill us completely. I long to BE in Heaven, not to Do in Heaven, and to let my soul magnify the Lord! :pray:[/quote]
I agree 100%. However, I am sure that you know far better than most that St. Therese of Liseux said that she would spend her Heaven "DOING good on earth." I may just have a limited grasp of the concept. I am sure that your previous statement is perfectly cohesive St. Therese's, but I would like to know how for my own spiritual growth. :)

The music. I'm looking forward to the music- the angelic music, what has inspired all of our attempts... ahhhh :love:

• 4 weeks later...
White Knight

We'll All we can do is do our best to Trust God and let him enable us to go to Heaven, and we'll find out then, God Willing.

Farsight one

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1317984' date='Jul 8 2007, 01:07 AM']often little kids talk about what ya do in heaven. i don't hear adults speculate like kids. adults usually talk about getting there and this and that, but don't really talk about it. i guess cauase no one really knows for sure.
but, what do you all think we do in heaven, and why do you think that?[/quote]What we do in heaven depends on our denomination: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RMzA82H-Qo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RMzA82H-Qo[/url] :P

[quote name='Farsight one' post='1355303' date='Aug 10 2007, 02:54 PM']What we do in heaven depends on our denomination: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RMzA82H-Qo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RMzA82H-Qo[/url] :P[/quote]

That's exactly the thought I had... I'll take Catholic heaven!