IcePrincessKRS Posted July 12, 2007 Posted July 12, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1325374' date='Jul 12 2007, 02:44 AM']see, now if I cared about nutrition, maybe I would soak flour ... Gimme a few years and a couple kids ... [/quote] Sometimes I wish I were in ignorant bliss, but I decided that I'd better try to be healthier for my kids. Especially Genevieve because she's pretty underweight now (like 10% below the bottom of the growth charts for her weight, but in the 95th percentile for height--to watch her eat you wouldn't think so, she eats constantly, but she's so active she burns all her calories), plus she has eczema which I think some foods (like things which contain a lot of high fructose corn syrup) tend to make it flare up pretty badly. If it weren't for my kids I'd probably be eating Wendy's and Taco Bell every day.
kateri05 Posted July 12, 2007 Posted July 12, 2007 oh taco bell... how i miss thee and thy saturated fats and processed cheez foods
tojo Posted July 12, 2007 Posted July 12, 2007 [quote name='kateri05' post='1325395' date='Jul 12 2007, 01:55 AM']oh taco bell... how i miss thee and thy saturated fats and processed cheez foods [/quote] You could easily fix that.
T-Bone _ Posted July 12, 2007 Posted July 12, 2007 I cooked my own chorizo and eggs for breakfast the other day. After looking at all that fat, I can't enjoy it any more...
tojo Posted July 12, 2007 Posted July 12, 2007 I'm nearing the end of college.... I think that means I'll have to care about nutrition soon. I don't know how I'll figure it all out. Oh well, that's what wives are for, right? (jk)
T-Bone _ Posted July 12, 2007 Posted July 12, 2007 [quote name='tomasio127' post='1325404' date='Jul 11 2007, 11:59 PM']I'm nearing the end of college.... I think that means I'll have to care about nutrition soon. I don't know how I'll figure it all out. Oh well, that's what wives are for, right? (jk)[/quote] You don't have to worry until you turn 30...
Old_Joe Posted July 12, 2007 Posted July 12, 2007 (edited) Has anyone ever made fried chicken before? I've made a few times before, but I can't seem to get it right. Do you take the skin off or leave it on? Should there be more bread crumbs than flour in the breading? Is it better to use buttermilk for the batter or egg and milk? Edited July 12, 2007 by Old_Joe
T-Bone _ Posted July 12, 2007 Posted July 12, 2007 Skin on. Soak in buttermilk. Dredge in flour, fry.
Archaeology cat Posted July 12, 2007 Posted July 12, 2007 [quote name='kateri05' post='1325395' date='Jul 12 2007, 06:55 AM']oh taco bell... how i miss thee and thy saturated fats and processed cheez foods [/quote] I second that! Alright, now who wants to come to Liverpool and open up a Taco Bell? [quote name='Old_Joe' post='1325545' date='Jul 12 2007, 08:40 AM']Has anyone ever made fried chicken before? I've made a few times before, but I can't seem to get it right. Do you take the skin off or leave it on? Should there be more bread crumbs than flour in the breading? Is it better to use buttermilk for the batter or egg and milk?[/quote] Oh, it's been years since I've made fried chicken, so I don't if I remember everything. I did leave the skin on, and I used egg (no milk, I don't think). Other than that, I don't remember. I actually don't eat chicken myself, though I do cook it for my family.
KnightofChrist Posted July 16, 2007 Posted July 16, 2007 (edited) Well the IRS doesnt like it but I enjoy cooking the books, makes me alot of money... I'm joking... everything goes to "the family" but you did'nt see nothing... Edited July 16, 2007 by KnightofChrist
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 16, 2007 Posted July 16, 2007 Mmmm.... chili. I make it almost every week. Its a favorite around here, too. (I know I posted the recipe, along with the recipe I use for sweet corn bread in the recipe thread. )
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now