Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anybody Else Like Fisheaters?


Recommended Posts

gamesfanatic04
Posted (edited)

I do
[mod]We don't allow links to questionable websites. -Raph[/mod]

Edited by IcePrincessKRS
Posted (edited)

[quote name='gamesfanatic04' post='1329729' date='Jul 15 2007, 05:06 PM']I do
[mod]We don't allow links to questionable websites. -Raph[/mod][/quote]

anti-Catholic website? or anti Catholic members?

Edited by IcePrincessKRS
Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

I'm under the impression that the website itself is against the Catholic faith as it exists after Vatican II.

I'll ask the other mods to review this. If I'm wrong, I humbly beg your apologies.

Posted

I joined Fisheaters a while back, havent been there in a while though. It's not a anti-catholic website. It does have anti-catholic catholic members though. Come on Raph. I think phatmass needs to calm down with the whole anti-traditionalist attitude i'm finding it troubling considering Pope Benedict leans more to the other side.

Noel's angel
Posted

I think the problem is that it can confuse people who are possibly unsure of their faith and imbue thoughts that could be detrimental to their spiritual growth.

gamesfanatic04
Posted

Honestly I'm a little shocked, they are pretty staunch traditionalists but most of what I read from them has a caviat about acknowledging the curent Pope.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1329843' date='Jul 15 2007, 06:34 PM']I think the problem is that it can confuse people who are possibly unsure of their faith and imbue thoughts that could be detrimental to their spiritual growth.[/quote]

I would agree.

Oh and by the way Raph, no apologies needed. There are certainly anti-Catholic people who post on that site which would give it the appearance of being anti-Catholic, but I think that the founder of the site is a Catholic who accepts Vatican II and simply promotes Traditional Catholicism.

Edited by SJP
Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1329830' date='Jul 15 2007, 04:22 PM']I joined Fisheaters a while back, havent been there in a while though. It's not a anti-catholic website. It does have anti-catholic catholic members though. Come on Raph. I think phatmass needs to calm down with the whole anti-traditionalist attitude i'm finding it troubling considering Pope Benedict leans more to the other side.[/quote]
As you know, I'm no opponent of a more traditional mindset, but there are a lot of thin lines in this whole debate and we have to be careful and prudent not to scandalize anyone.

Posted

sedevacantist discussion is banned from their forums. debates pro and con about the sspx are permitted on one forum only.

I personally think that it is a great collection of facts about Catholic Traditions that are not compiled anywhere else on the net. The forum gives more free reign to slightly more questionable or borderline traditionalist sentiments than are allowed here, but doesn't let anyone promote anything really extreme like sedevacantism. all in all, I'd totally recommend it as a good supplement to phatmass to people of traditional mindsets who want to be well informed about the issues surrounding the traditionalist movement from the fssp to the sspx and everywhere in between.

goldenchild17
Posted

[quote name='gamesfanatic04' post='1329729' date='Jul 15 2007, 03:06 PM']I do
[mod]We don't allow links to questionable websites. -Raph[/mod][/quote]

It's okay. It's better than AngelQueen anyways. I'm less fond of those sites than I used to be, but I check in there every once in awhile. All of my concentrations are focused on my site, and reading (sometimes posting) on John Lane's amazing Bellarmine Forums.

goldenchild17
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Raphael' post='1329824' date='Jul 15 2007, 04:17 PM']I'm under the impression that the website itself is against the Catholic faith as it exists after Vatican II.

I'll ask the other mods to review this. If I'm wrong, I humbly beg your apologies.[/quote]

I think if you guys took the time to look you'd see that the site is fully supportive of Benedict XVI. Vox, the webmaster, is fully in line with Vatican II etc. She is no more "rad-trad" than anybody here who prefers to go to the Latin Mass. I don't believe you will find anything on the main site that is against what you guys here believe. There are a number of "extremists" on the forum. But there are one or two here as well *coughmehahacough*, that doesn't discredit Phatmass.

Edited by goldenchild17
goldenchild17
Posted

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1330506' date='Jul 16 2007, 02:36 AM']sedevacantist discussion is banned from their forums. debates pro and con about the sspx are permitted on one forum only.

I personally think that it is a great collection of facts about Catholic Traditions that are not compiled anywhere else on the net. The forum gives more free reign to slightly more questionable or borderline traditionalist sentiments than are allowed here, but doesn't let anyone promote anything really extreme like sedevacantism. all in all, I'd totally recommend it as a good supplement to phatmass to people of traditional mindsets who want to be well informed about the issues surrounding the traditionalist movement from the fssp to the sspx and everywhere in between.[/quote]

accurate summary of the site if I ever saw one. And one of the reasons I don't frequent there as much anymore :). But it's a pretty cool place.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

FISH EATERS ROCKS!

So I'm surfing around checking out this site and I find a massive gallery of pictures from the Mass I went to yesterday!! I kid you not!

I've even seen some of my friends in the pics and won't be surprised if I find myself. haha

:rolling:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

LOL, just found an awkward picture of my wife Luthien. tehehehe

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[img]http://pittsburghlatinmass.org/sblm/TalaricoFirstMass/mediafiles/l106.jpg[/img]

This is Msgr. Michael Schmitz of the Institute of Christ the King, Sovereign Priest. Msgr. Schmitz was ordained by Pope Benedict (Cardinal Ratzinger at the time) and gave one of the best homilies I've ever heard in my life yesterday; one of those homilies that you just keep mulling over all day and beyond.
This was Fr. Talarico's first Mass and I can't believed I was so blessed as to have been able to assist. *is stupified*

:pray:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

This was unbelievable... This priest's first elevation...


[img]http://pittsburghlatinmass.org/sblm/TalaricoFirstMass/mediafiles/l131.jpg[/img]

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[img]http://pittsburghlatinmass.org/sblm/TalaricoFirstMass/mediafiles/l137.jpg[/img]

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[img]http://pittsburghlatinmass.org/sblm/TalaricoFirstMass/mediafiles/l147.jpg[/img]

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

A bunch of nostalgic old fogies who need to get over the 1950's. :hehehe:

[img]http://pittsburghlatinmass.org/sblm/TalaricoFirstMass/mediafiles/l168.jpg[/img]

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

After Mass this priest blessed everyone individually and I was one of the last people to get blessed and even after hundreds of blessings he did not yield any of the solemnity and gave no indication of hurriedness.

[img]http://pittsburghlatinmass.org/sblm/TalaricoFirstMass/mediafiles/l179.jpg[/img]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...