An Old School Catholic Message Board

Steubenville 2007

sunnysideup

sunnysideup

First of all was anyone else there?
I was so excited because when they called the girls that thought they may have a vocation to the religous life up to the front NINE girls from my parish stood up (I was one of them) :rolleyes: . It was wonderful, esp. because when we sat down people kept patting me on the back and saying words of support, someone even said "I knew it!" to me. Please kept all of them in your prayers, as well as the men that stood for priestly vocations. Thank you :D:

I will pray. I'm going to my first steubenville conference this weekend! I'm getting excited, I just got back from a meeting for it. Pray for me. :)

I went to my first one last week! it was incredible!!! quite seriously the best retreat I have EVER been on. It gave me a chance to sort a lot of things out that needed sorting, straighten my priorities, helped me make the best confession of my life, made me more comfortable with charismatic prayer, and left me feeling more determined than ever to be holy and stay active in my prayer life. it was almost too good to be true.

of course I'll pray for you guys! I have a friend who just got back from a conference and a ton of friends leaving tomorrow for one... please keep them in your prayers.

Deus te Amat

What steubenville did you go on? I was at Steubenville Mid-America St. Louis Week Two

if you were at that one, i was one of those girls up there with you :D:

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1331689' date='Jul 17 2007, 12:57 AM']Of course I will pray for you. You are going to have a great time!! Where is the conference?[/quote]

I'm going to the one in Atlanta this weekend.

I was at HSY 4 this past weekend. While I didnt go to the front, I am discerning, and was impressed by the number of girls who are as well (and all the guys who stood for the priesthood.. wowza!)

You're probably addressing Brigid, but I was actually in Steubenville for a week and a half last week. Or..at least I was in Jefferson County. We were there for Catholic Familyland.

[quote name='tvu_srfan' post='1332693' date='Jul 17 2007, 03:31 PM']You're probably addressing Brigid, but I was actually in Steubenville for a week and a half last week. Or..at least I was in Jefferson County. We were there for Catholic Familyland.[/quote]
what is Catholic Familyland? I've heard of it, but I don't really know anything about it.

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

Hey, I was at HSY 4, too! And I was one of the guys who went up for those discerning the priesthood, and there were a lot! And o a ton of girls thinking about becoming nuns! It was soooo awesome! None of the girls from my group went up, though. I was in the group with the shirts that said "Fr. Matt's Fault!" on the back each day, lol! Good old Fr. Matt, everything that happened to us this weekend was his fault, lol jkjk! It was all very good and amazingful! For me, though, the most powerful part was definately Adoration: it was sooo inspiring to see so many people adore our Lord like that, as well as to see Christ so close! It was awesome!

May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

sunnysideup

[quote name='NazFarmer' post='1332904' date='Jul 17 2007, 08:04 PM']Hey, I was at HSY 4, too! And I was one of the guys who went up for those discerning the priesthood, and there were a lot! And o a ton of girls thinking about becoming nuns! It was soooo awesome! None of the girls from my group went up, though. I was in the group with the shirts that said "Fr. Matt's Fault!" on the back each day, lol! Good old Fr. Matt, everything that happened to us this weekend was his fault, lol jkjk! It was all very good and amazingful! For me, though, the most powerful part was definately Adoration: it was sooo inspiring to see so many people adore our Lord like that, as well as to see Christ so close! It was awesome!

May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe[/quote]

NO WAY!! There was a girl in your group...Jill, she came with my church last year. We were in the purple shirts with St. Peters Keys on the front, We were sitting in the front row for most of saturday. I love finding out that you've met people randomly.... yay! ^_^

[quote name='Brigid' post='1332876' date='Jul 17 2007, 08:23 PM']what is Catholic Familyland? I've heard of it, but I don't really know anything about it.[/quote]

Catholic Familyland is the center for the [url="http://www.familyland.org"]Apostolate for Family Consecration[/url] in the US. And they have a lot of retreats there throughout the year. We went to one of the four Holy Family Fests that they have in the summer. They're a week long, and they're [b]really [/b]good. It was our fourth year going.

Oh and btw the Apostolate for Family Consecration just received [url="http://news.familyland.be/archives/175"]Pontifical Status[/url] last month. And they have centers on all of the continents. They're an Apostolate dedicated to consecrating families in the truths of the Catholic faith, and to the Holy Family. (see sig.) :)