An Old School Catholic Message Board

Steubenville 2007

sunnysideup

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1332941' date='Jul 17 2007, 06:51 PM']NO WAY!! There was a girl in your group...Jill, she came with my church last year. We were in the purple shirts with St. Peters Keys on the front, We were sitting in the front row for most of saturday. I love finding out that you've met people randomly.... yay! ^_^[/quote]
HOLY COW! Jill and I went to grade school tegether, and I actually know three guys from your group from my school! Jack (Capt. Jack), Joe (enough said), and Steve (spiked hair) are all in my class! That is so weird! Do you and Jill go to the same school or no?

May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

sunnysideup

[quote name='NazFarmer' post='1334077' date='Jul 18 2007, 05:49 PM']HOLY COW! Jill and I went to grade school tegether, and I actually know three guys from your group from my school! Jack (Capt. Jack), Joe (enough said), and Steve (spiked hair) are all in my class! That is so weird! Do you and Jill go to the same school or no?

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe[/quote]

WOW!! I LOVE THIS!!! Jack was in my small group. Steve and I led small groups at Camp WOW, and both of our church retreats, plus we're on PMT together. Joe (just making sure...crazy dancing and big vocabulary)and I are really good friends. Yes, Jill and I both go to Rosary, she is a grade above me though. This is crazy! :lol_roll:

HeavenlyCalling

I am heading to Stuebenville East week 1 on the 20th. It will be my third time going, I cant wait!!

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1334122' date='Jul 18 2007, 04:25 PM']WOW!! I LOVE THIS!!! Jack was in my small group. Steve and I led small groups at Camp WOW, and both of our church retreats, plus we're on PMT together. Joe (just making sure...crazy dancing and big vocabulary)and I are really good friends. Yes, Jill and I both go to Rosary, she is a grade above me though. This is crazy! :lol_roll:[/quote]
What are the chances of meeting someone who goes to your brother/sister school on a Catholic forum, lol, and through a thread about being at the same Steubie Conference two states away? And yes, Joe with the crazy dancing and big vocabulary, lol! This is indeed crazy, lol!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

TheOliverOrder88

Yup Yup, I was at Steubenville Mid-West week 2...

I thought it was a great experience. When it came time for the vocation altar call, I think we had more guys than girls this time. Ususally its the other way around... If you were there, I was one of the vimps during Mass on Sunday. I held the crosier(sp)..

I'm leaving for Steubenville Atlanta[i] tomorrow.[/i] Wow, there's a vocation altar call too? There's always one at Familyland, and the call gets so much stronger every year. I wonder how the one in Atlanta goes.

Deus te Amat

[quote name='TheOliverOrder88' post='1334390' date='Jul 18 2007, 10:44 PM']Yup Yup, I was at Steubenville Mid-West week 2...

I thought it was a great experience. When it came time for the vocation altar call, I think we had more guys than girls this time. Ususally its the other way around... If you were there, I was one of the vimps during Mass on Sunday. I held the crosier(sp)..[/quote]

so you're a seminarian? thats awesome!

this was my third and favorite steubenville, and i was one of the girls that came running from the upper levels when he called the women, i was on the floor when he said "Come on Down" and i almost fell off stage, but i hope no one saw that.... :mellow:

I just came back from Steubenville Atlanta last night. It was so powerful. On our way home when we were on the bus, about ten minutes from home I began noticing how a lot of people were talking with their youth ministers about they're experiences during the weekend. I was feeling pretty lonely, and I really wanted to talk to someone. About five minutes later one of the chaperones from my group who is a 25 year old seminarian came up and sat right beside me and we began to talk. Throughout the weekend, whenever we had small groups I didn't really share much, but then I just began to share as much I tried to about my vocation, this summer, going back to school. And whenever he talked to me I could really feel as if the Holy Spirit was present with us, and I began to tremble throughout the whole time. It was an awesome experience. I've never been able to open up to someone that much about my vocation.