An Old School Catholic Message Board

Consecrated Virgins

sweetpea316

"More information regarding the Carthusian Nuns receiving the Consecration of Virgins...(from their website):
I wish they were here in the United States!"

Me too! Don't we have enough Phatmassers who love the Carthusian charism to get a small Charterhouse for women going here in the States? Or do we all need to go to Livingstone Manor NY which is the next closest thing stateside- but I do not believe that they have the Carthusian privilege of virginal consectration.

Does anyone know for sure on this last question?

Graciela

[center]+JMJ[/center]
Rising Suns,

Your posts are most informative. I decided to "take the plunge" so to speak and post today. My first time.
You do much research and this subject is near and dear to your heart.
I shall pray that you remain free from stain as well, a most worthy and excellent condition to find oneself. Seeing the word "infection" made me take this so much seriously, for nobody would want to be infected! When it is put like that, it sends shivers up and down my spine!
Thank you for educating so many, but I cannot speak for others, just myself. Will you pray that I remain free from stain as well? If I were infected by sin, especially the kind that is described above, I don't know what I would do. I am young, but old enough to know that I do not want my soul to blacken and rot with the infectious nature of sin!
I am preparing for religious life (though I am too young at present, but soon, soon) and have every intention of keeping myself pure and white so when I give myself to the Lord, I can give the Lord ALL of me and not have any remorse about bad decisions or choices. Your research lead me to go and read other things Saint Ambrose wrote. He cautioned in one essay to be very careful of the company one keeps, for it can lead to sin. I can see why this is necessary, because suspicions can arise so easily.
With that in mind, and in the true desire to not sin, to remain pure, chaste, holy and completely clean, this afternoon, I have rededicated myself to the Blessed Virgin Mother, Mother, Queen and Empress of all Virgins. I shall immediately curtail my activities so as not to be in a position of infection, and I have announced my desires to my parents.
I will begin the process of curtailing my activities with my friends, some who do not see the emergency state of this desire, and obviously, I will immediately begin cutting off personal communication with members of the opposite sex, though my Father has advised me that telephone, cell phone, and email interaction would be appropriate and not cause suspicion, harm or scandal. I have scheduled Confession for this afternoon, for before this post, I believe I was in danger of infection! Please do not mistake my words and think I was considering the worst sin of all, because no, I was not. But I was considering having a romantic date with someone that I had thought I "liked." Then, Rising Suns, I saw the error of my ways, and I canceled. I did engage in thoughts that were not saintly, chaste or even pure. These must be removed, immediately, and my Father is going to take me to Confession when he comes home. Do you see the graces you have bestowed upon me? This road could have cost me my vocation, it could have lead me to unbearable stains and marks upon my soul, and I would have been ruined, without recourse.
Yes, I am a sensitive soul, and I take things seriously. I have been a "lurker" for a long time and only today did the Holy Spirit give me the courage to "post."
Please pray for me, and continue to bring the soldiers of Christ to the TRUTH. I will pray for you this afternoon in front of The Blessed Sacrament.

Beatus

+ I forgot to mention that when I told Father why I needed Confession today, he told me a saint to pray to would be Saint Maximilian Kolbe. Father said he is a Saint most willing to help us young Soldiers keep our purity.

Edited by Beatus

Guest Perpetualove

Graciela,
Actually....one of the reasons I first came on Phatmass was to find out more about the Carthusian Nuns. I looked into the Livingston Manor Nuns and it was my understanding that they are an international order and upon entrance, one just doesn't automatically "get to" enter/stay there. It does seem like there are enough of us. I know there are others out there who have also expressed an interest and know more (much, more more!) than I do!
Perpetualove