An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hi! I Was Referred By Someone To Here

genxcathedra

genxcathedra

I was told that there are people from Kansas here. I live in the Greater K.C. area. I need the support of strong Catholics in this liberal-land as friends. I have a loving family and friends, but no Catholic support--and most are Catholic. I feel myself slipping some. I don't know when I should get prophetic, angry, tell them things they may hear and be responsible for but won't care, etc.. My bosses are driving me crazy with nit-picky criticisms that are bumming me out and the others will tell on me if I slip up. I want to run off to a friary or something (which all seem to be liberal except the EWTN-friendly ones, but maybe I don't need to.

I have a silly sense of humor though and can make kids I've worked for and the elderly residents at my workplace laugh, but I have lost some of that humor because our activities bosses are real pills (some is my fault, but I didn't intellectually start driving fast or getting mad in my car, etc.) and I want my full humor back. Are there any devout Catholic Patch Adams out there?

God bless you all!

Phil

Edited by genxcathedra

brendan1104

Yeah, it seems that you would like him!

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1335210' date='Jul 19 2007, 07:40 PM']StThomasMore lives in Kasas... :mellow:[/quote]

Groo the Wanderer

Heh! Phil phits right in with the phreaky phamily here.

:-)

Welcome aboard matey!

Greetings from "the sister-liberal" city of seattle! We got your back!................ even though most of us our vacationing somewhere hot and tropical (just a guess) so when's the tornados hit ??????? I am frightend just watching them on TV!
Anyone who really has studied the faith,struggles in this way because "to whom much is given much is expected" deeply profound when you think about it. The much that IS expected IS Christ. You,......being joyful despite of the fact,you feel you are in the sea of great imperfection! I am constantly pulling the logs out of my own eyes! Humility brought me to the foot of the cross. I would like to stand there and shout that ""Hey why am I the only one here?, Do you guys really see what he has done for us?" .....Yet I know they REALLY can't.......or sadly won't!
Don't you miss Mother Angelica? I loved the way she was simple and strong and herself! She had a mission to complete and she did,as lovingly as possible. Your mission field, for now, is Kansas! Be joyful! It really could be worse......except for the tornados..........I'd have a little talk with the BIG GUY on that one! :popcorn: JC

Edited by jckinsman

well, sorry i am not from near by you, i live on an island in BC, canada and the closest i have been to kansas is listening to the band. but that doesnt matter so much here on PM. and i may not actually be catholic support but if you just want people to rap with, im your guy! welcome!

Phatmass is actually headquartered in Dallas TX, not too far away. Lot of Phatmassers live not far from Kansas either.

Welcome to the board! Enjoy your stay.

hey! I'm a Kansan. I'm a fifteen year old girl, though, so I'm not sure I'm what you're looking for. ^_^ you have my sympathies and prayers, though. go ahead and pm me if you want... I'm not sure how old you are, but anyone on this board that I know is from kansas is heavenseeker's age (freshman in college, I think) or younger.