An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hi! I Was Referred By Someone To Here

genxcathedra

genxcathedra

[quote name='Brigid' post='1336242' date='Jul 21 2007, 02:13 AM']hey! I'm a Kansan. I'm a fifteen year old girl, though, so I'm not sure I'm what you're looking for. ^_^ you have my sympathies and prayers, though. go ahead and pm me if you want... I'm not sure how old you are, but anyone on this board that I know is from kansas is heavenseeker's age (freshman in college, I think) or younger.[/quote]

genxcathedra

[quote name='Brigid' post='1336242' date='Jul 21 2007, 02:13 AM']hey! I'm a Kansan. I'm a fifteen year old girl, though, so I'm not sure I'm what you're looking for. ^_^ you have my sympathies and prayers, though. go ahead and pm me if you want... I'm not sure how old you are, but anyone on this board that I know is from kansas is heavenseeker's age (freshman in college, I think) or younger.[/quote]

genxcathedra

I did not know this group was oriented towards 15 and under. Someone on an adult faith sharing group referred me to here, but asked me what my age was. I didn't know the two were connected. I will leave this site to this age group. I'm glad I was told this soon.

God bless you all! I hope you grow in your faith and that non-Catholics convert to this Faith. I denied the Faith and even Mary once to a Protestant but soon realized how, despite sexual abuses of minors by wayward priests and Frank Lloyd Wright churches (for 2 disturbing developments from late last century), our Faith has not changed anything essential taught from the beginning and it has gotten over similar or worse behavior by clergy because, by God's grace, His Church is self-righting.

[quote name='genxcathedra' post='1336766' date='Jul 21 2007, 08:43 PM']I did not know this group was oriented towards 15 and under. Someone on an adult faith sharing group referred me to here, but asked me what my age was. I didn't know the two were connected. I will leave this site to this age group. I'm glad I was told this soon.

God bless you all! I hope you grow in your faith and that non-Catholics convert to this Faith. I denied the Faith and even Mary once to a Protestant but soon realized how, despite sexual abuses of minors by wayward priests and Frank Lloyd Wright churches (for 2 disturbing developments from late last century), our Faith has not changed anything essential taught from the beginning and it has gotten over similar or worse behavior by clergy because, by God's grace, His Church is self-righting.[/quote]

Erm... I think the [i]majority[/i] of us are over fifteen :)

Hi and welcome to PM! I'm from Kansas, too, but I'm from south-central Kansas and am also 14. I'd love to live where you are. Both sides of KC have awesome Extraordinary Forms. Blessed Sacrament in Kansas has the Fraternity of St. Peter and Our Lady of Sorrows in Missouri has the Institute of Christ the King (they will soon move to St. Patrick's though).

God bless!

[quote name='genxcathedra' post='1336766' date='Jul 21 2007, 08:43 PM']I did not know this group was oriented towards 15 and under. Someone on an adult faith sharing group referred me to here, but asked me what my age was. I didn't know the two were connected. I will leave this site to this age group. I'm glad I was told this soon.[/quote]
no! I'm sorry! I didn't mean that the whole site is young! most of the site is older. I was just saying that all the kansas people I know are young... I hope you come back!

genxcathedra

[quote name='Brigid' post='1337226' date='Jul 22 2007, 01:13 AM']no! I'm sorry! I didn't mean that the whole site is young! most of the site is older. I was just saying that all the kansas people I know are young... I hope you come back![/quote]

Oh! That's a relief! Well, with the rap thing, I wasn't sure. "Lurker" sounded kind of perverted too in the context I had in my head when thinking of 15 year-olds or younger. What about people from Missouri? I'm from K.C., Ks., so I'm close to cities and towns near there. I saw there were names in Russian characters. I spent a month in Japan once and even met and went to Mass with a Japanese Catholic woman who was a friend of my host family. Unfortunately, I did not come across her the second time I went around there with a friend from home when my last host family let us stay with them a night. I don't remember much of what I'd learned before if I don't practice my knowledge, but I remember a good number of those words. I just couldn't probably conversate. I would like to go to Akita sometime or see Fr. Kolbe's old stomping grounds. There was also a brother or Father Enzo or Endo who was not ethnic Japanese, but was fondly remembered for helping them after the Nagasaki bomb hit. Nagasaki sounds nice. I like coast towns.

It was neat to see a positive post about the tridentine Mass. It's a beautiful one. I prefer the high Mass because you get the beautiful music. Why did they throw that out exclusively after the '60s? I got the folk music. It was mild mannered then, in the late '70s/early '80s. This one church recently had some hot shot trying to be uplifting with his singing style. I don't doubt whether he was filled with the Holy Spirit, but I want God to be the celebrity and not the musicians or the priest-celebrant (except, maybe, the homily). I like that the choir is like a bunch of invisible angels singing and the priest leading us to God. I think it's humbling for him and the musicians and it's awe-inspiring for those in the pews.

Still, I think religious orders can get away with more formalities and less innovations than parish priests if being modern-people-friendly is a concern, because those who go to a religious order's Mass are going there out of their way. Still, with EWTN and such, I think more priests can drop the novelties because more would like the EWTN Mass now, I think. It's the way Vatican 2 intended and I wish Pope John Paul 2nd would have used his authority to burn the modernists at both ends--force the real Novus Ordo reform on the priests and get the youth excited for the Faith around the world. The right-wing Fatima Crusader, not indult in the least, but not sedevacantist, group say the last Pope, anyway, had his hands tied by clergy in the Vatican and maybe many bishops then were unreponsive. I hope that wasn't true. I hope that wasn't true, but I think there is a Springtime now. Bringing in the "remarrying" Boomers and the cohabitating lukewarm young adults will be a trick, though. I have hope though and I can be very melancholic.

Phil