1337 k4th0l1x0r Posted August 10, 2007 Posted August 10, 2007 Beg Chuck Norris for mercy and apologize for offending him.
MissyP89 Posted August 10, 2007 Posted August 10, 2007 Panic? Cry? Tell my parents I love them, and give them my last wishes and messages to friends. Ask God for grace, strength, mercy, and forgiveness... I believe and trust in His mercy. If I sincerely and earnestly asked His forgiveness outside of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, I would hope it would be given to me. But I guess we call that an attempt at perfect contrition. *shrugs* No, really, if I knew I was going to die, I'd probably go catatonic.
prose Posted August 10, 2007 Posted August 10, 2007 [quote name='Faith 1st' post='1354646' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:29 PM']forgive my dad[/quote] You can do that now. Don't wait for your last 5 minutes.
Resurrexi Posted August 10, 2007 Author Posted August 10, 2007 [quote name='prose' post='1354802' date='Aug 10 2007, 12:03 AM']You can do that now. Don't wait for your last 5 minutes.[/quote] Yeah, I concur.
aalpha1989 Posted August 10, 2007 Posted August 10, 2007 hunt dust down because of his chuck norris obsession
Resurrexi Posted August 10, 2007 Author Posted August 10, 2007 [quote name='aalpha1989' post='1354804' date='Aug 10 2007, 12:04 AM']hunt dust down because of his chuck norris obsession[/quote]
BG45 Posted August 10, 2007 Posted August 10, 2007 Hmm...as the token Baptist. Panic, pray, and hopefully forgive my own father before my dying breathe.
Vincent Vega Posted August 10, 2007 Posted August 10, 2007 Tell my family and friends that I loved them, then say a few Hail Marys, a quick prayer to St. Joan, and pray a prayer for Perfect Contrition. I think. Gosh, I don't even know. I'd be so shocked and panicked...
journeyman Posted August 11, 2007 Posted August 11, 2007 Add a prayer to St. Joseph to the mix O Blessed Joseph, you gave your last breath in the loving embrace of Jesus and Mary. When the seal of death shall close my life, come with Jesus and Mary to aid me. Obtain for me this solace for that hour - to die with their holy arms around me. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I commend my soul, living and dying, into your sacred arms. Amen. Does five minutes count as sudden? Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so prompt, so strong, before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh, St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most Loving of Fathers. Oh, St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me and Ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departed souls - pray for me. Amen.
Honour Posted August 11, 2007 Posted August 11, 2007 [quote name='Honour' post='1354643' date='Aug 9 2007, 09:28 PM']live[/quote] oh yeah...then die.
homeschoolmom Posted August 11, 2007 Posted August 11, 2007 Okay... so the five minutes to live is too boring a question since the majority of us have roughly the same answer (pray, confess etc)... What if you had 24 hours to live?
Faith 1st Posted August 11, 2007 Posted August 11, 2007 [quote name='prose' post='1354802' date='Aug 10 2007, 01:03 AM']You can do that now. Don't wait for your last 5 minutes.[/quote] I've tried!!!And I know that now I am not scared of him.....but I don't think I have forgiven him...I'm sure that I haven't! Quick Summary Antonio was an alcoholic and very abusive to my mother. He would dissapear for days at a time...or at least until my moms paycheck ran out (which he stoled from her). When the Money was gone he would beat up my mom because it ran out and would hit who ever tried to get in the way (me). She finally had enough, and packed one suit case with one set of clothes for each kid (4) and left with only the clothes on her back for her. Divorce went through and as a retaliation he kidnapped my sister. We got her back about 2 years later. I have not had a realtionship with him for about 27yrs, and to not desire one. I think that there is still too much anger I know that this is so off the topic...sorry for venting
CoffeeCatholic Posted August 11, 2007 Posted August 11, 2007 [quote name='Faith 1st' post='1356443' date='Aug 11 2007, 12:01 PM']I have not had a realtionship with him for about 27yrs, and to not desire one. I think that there is still too much anger I know that this is so off the topic...sorry for venting[/quote] I don't know about the rest of the board, but i think you can Forgive someone but still be angry with them. I think forgiveness isn't telling the other person that "everything's alright now", and it's not telling the person that what they did was ok (which it sounds like you really shouldn't be doing anyway), and I don't think you're required to like the person even if you forgive them. God has perfect forgiveness- when he forgives US of our sins, it is like they are erased from his memory, but we still have to suffer the consequences of our actions. Forgiveness does not remove temporal punishment. You do not have to forget in order to forgive, and you certainly do not have to treat your father as if his sin never existed, especially if he is not openly repentant of it to you and your family. But to forgive means to say "while this person wronged me, he still deserves the Love of Christ, and it is my job to be a beacon of that Love regardless of my personal feelings" You don't have to talk to him. You don't have to love him as a father, or even like him. All you have to do is accept that you have no control over the past and that the only possibility of a future comes through Christ's love. Also, i have believe that while a person is unable to forgive the sins of another person, they are closing themselves off to the forgiveness of their own sins against God. I believe Fr. Larry Richards explains that in his talk "Confession", which i got off of catholicity.com (correct me if i'm wrong- that's just from memory). That fact has always helped me towards forgiveness, even if i'm feeling extra stubborn. to know that God can not forgive you if you can not forgive your fellow man is an amazingly scary idea!
aalpha1989 Posted August 12, 2007 Posted August 12, 2007 [quote name='aalpha1989' post='1354804' date='Aug 10 2007, 01:04 AM']hunt dust down because of his chuck norris obsession[/quote] you can do that now. don't wait for your last five minutes!
Anomaly Posted August 12, 2007 Posted August 12, 2007 I keep a list of people in my pocket in case I ever 'snap'. I might pull that list out if I have 24 hours. 5 minutes isn't enough. But seriously, I think it would be fantastic to know you have 5 minutes or 24 hours to live and have your mind and wits. I would enjoy life and live without worry.
1337 k4th0l1x0r Posted August 12, 2007 Posted August 12, 2007 I'd say something like "I am about to die" and go off into the woods.
Ora et Labora Posted August 12, 2007 Posted August 12, 2007 [quote name='aalpha1989' post='1354804' date='Aug 10 2007, 01:04 AM']hunt dust down because of his chuck norris obsession[/quote] ditto Jona.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now