abercius24 Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 By the way, what's all the talk about grandfathering the game? Is it being changed tonight?
jeffpugh Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 What talk about Grandfathering the game? Anywho, I like the battle of the bands speculation here... and the talking one.. but yeah... let's try and rule out death and suicide and such. It's hard wired game, and it looks like it will take some hunting to get rid of that stuff, but it's a must. I also think we should have a "so many attacks left" counter and reduce 0hp time to 1 hour. Anywho, keep up the good work dUSt. Just a side note, I'm noticing this game is bringing more PMers to make more significant posts (drawing hardcore lameboarders out to the debate and open mic). I think that's a plus.
Phoenix Reborn Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 [quote name='Phoenix Reborn' post='1360005' date='Aug 16 2007, 09:30 AM']Attack => Start talking Kills => Talk the other to [b]sleep[/b] Deaths => Be talked to [b]sleep[/b] Suicides => Talk yourself to [b]sleep[/b] Money => Tawk Attack Shop => Pharmacy Potions and Elixers => Prescriptions (medicine for sore throats, head aches, ect.) Guns and Knives => Your voice at low, medium, high, very high, and foghorn.[/quote] Better?
jeffpugh Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 Except... it's sorta hard to talk someone to sleep when one's voice is as loud as a fog horn.
hoosieranna Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1361553' date='Aug 17 2007, 09:49 PM']Just a side note, I'm noticing this game is bringing more PMers to make more significant posts (drawing hardcore lameboarders out to the debate and open mic). I think that's a plus.[/quote] I [i]like[/i] the Lame Board...
abercius24 Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 (edited) I don't know how much of this game can be customized, but having a snippet of a phatmass track play with every attack ("step up the mic") would be cool, too! Edited August 18, 2007 by abercius24
Sojourner Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 [quote name='abercius24' post='1361738' date='Aug 18 2007, 01:00 AM']I don't know how much of this game can be customized, but having a snippet of a phatmass track play with every attack ("step up the mic") would be cool, too![/quote] Speaking of customizing I think it would be cool for each of the guilds to have a special weapon.
Phoenix Reborn Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 (edited) [quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1361562' date='Aug 17 2007, 11:56 PM']Except... it's sorta hard to talk someone to sleep when one's voice is as loud as a fog horn.[/quote] I was actually thinking about that last night. My conclusion was: [quote]Attack => Start talking Kills => Talk the other to sleep Deaths => Be talked to sleep Suicides => Talk yourself to sleep Money => Tawk Attack Shop => Pharmacy Potions and Elixers => Prescriptions (medicine for sore throats, head aches, ect.) Guns and Knives => [b]Your voice at foghorn, very high, high, medium, low.[/b][/quote] Switching it around. Edited August 18, 2007 by Phoenix Reborn
xTrishaxLynnx Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 [quote name='dUSt' post='1359181' date='Aug 15 2007, 11:42 AM']This presents a problem... Regardless of how we label things, it comes to one person vs another, and someone losing something as the other gains. So, prayers don't really make sense... I guess, theoretically, you could lose coins when trying to "convert" someone, but why would Catholics be trying to convert other Catholics? This is why I need help.[/quote] [quote name='dUSt' post='1359191' date='Aug 15 2007, 11:53 AM']Hmm... now that's an idea.... I'm trying to think how I can label it without changing the structure of the game (which I don't know how to do)...[/quote] [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1359195' date='Aug 15 2007, 11:56 AM']Well, we are all supposed to be continuously converting, and we're supposed to be calling one another to the same. So if you don't think of "converting" as a one-time thing then it kinda works. I am a little iffy on using things like rosarys and Bibles and crucifixes as weapons. I like the Holy Hand Grenade though.[/quote] [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1359230' date='Aug 15 2007, 12:41 PM']I like the idea of conversion better as a vocab fit for the game. Conversion involves a continual death of self and joinder with Christ in new life, which I think is as close a fit as you're going to get theologically to a game about killing people. You just have to think about it not in the sense of a one-time conversion but as an ongoing process of calling one another to greater holiness. Not too keen on the equation of money and indulgences though. So here's my suggestions Attack => Pray for Kills/Deaths => Conversions Suicides => Abandonments Money => Gifts Attack Shop => Prayer Shop Potions and Elixers => Holy Water, Scapulars, etc Guns and Knives => Rosaries, Crucifixes, etc[/quote] Change Money to Merit(s) and I think that'd be perfect. Straight from a link in the Defense Directory: [quote]By merit (meritum) in general is understood that property of a good work which [b]entitles the doer to receive a reward (prœmium, merces) from him in whose service the work is done[/b]. By antonomasia, the word has come to designate also the good work itself, in so far as [b]it deserves a reward from the person in whose service it was performed. [/b][/quote] Whatchya think?
jeffpugh Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1361767' date='Aug 18 2007, 07:53 AM']Speaking of customizing I think it would be cool for each of the guilds to have a special weapon.[/quote] Yes! I'm thinking if we go the music route, "The Band" could have a "Jazz solo" or something.
hoosieranna Posted August 18, 2007 Posted August 18, 2007 Instead of "convert or die", it's now "convert and die". Where's the incentive? Seriously though, I'm enjoying it. Kudos to dUSt for getting in working so well so quickly. Thanks dUSt.
StColette Posted August 19, 2007 Posted August 19, 2007 Just don't change the money to indulgences lol
Farsight one Posted August 19, 2007 Posted August 19, 2007 I know this isn't exactly brainstorming, but the topic for the battle mod seems to be here, so: How did a level 1 manage to use a bible to "kill" me (taking me from 40 to 0 hp too)? Bibles need 31 str minimum, and a level 1 only has 30. Can retaliating involve any weapon then?
aalpha1989 Posted August 19, 2007 Posted August 19, 2007 the casino just stole all my money. i'm not happy. i won 12....and now it says i have 0 dollars in my wallet. i definitely have some. ??????
abercius24 Posted August 19, 2007 Posted August 19, 2007 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1361889' date='Aug 18 2007, 01:11 PM']Yes! I'm thinking if we go the music route, "The Band" could have a "Jazz solo" or something. [/quote] I can dig it, you smooth jivin' cat!
hoosieranna Posted August 19, 2007 Posted August 19, 2007 What about a guitar solo? There's guitars in blues.
abercius24 Posted August 19, 2007 Posted August 19, 2007 (edited) [quote name='Nadezhda' post='1362501' date='Aug 18 2007, 11:36 PM']What about a guitar solo? There's guitars in blues.[/quote] A little Stevie Ray Vaughn would be nice! But given this is a Catholic Cultural website, we should stick with Catholic artists. I'll take a good blues solo from Rise, though! Edited August 19, 2007 by abercius24
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now