Sojourner Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 This is the thread where you record the high and low points of your day. I'll go first. High: I actually remembered that today was the Feast of the Assumption just in time to make it to Mass, and it was simple but very beautiful. Low: We have a new person living in our house for six weeks, and she has a dog, and because there is no good gate at the top of the stairs it got into my living area and wreaked havoc. Sigh. 31 days.
hoosieranna Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 (edited) High: I made lieutenant. Low: I had a headache. (It's summer, and there's not a whole lot going on here in DeKalb. Give me a break.) Edited August 16, 2007 by Nadezhda
Sojourner Posted August 16, 2007 Author Posted August 16, 2007 [quote name='Nadezhda' post='1359919' date='Aug 15 2007, 11:41 PM']High: I made lieutenant. Low: I had a headache. (It's summer, and there's not a whole lot going on here in DeKalb. Give me a break.)[/quote] Yay for DeKalb!
Sojourner Posted August 16, 2007 Author Posted August 16, 2007 [quote name='Nadezhda' post='1359922' date='Aug 15 2007, 11:47 PM']DeKalb, IL.[/quote] ahhh, I was thinking of DeKalb Co. ... Auburn, etc.
Lil Red Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 high: my baby girl almost crawled!! she got up on her hands and knees at the same time! it was amazing! low: because of all the fires going on in my state, it's very smokey in my city, even thought the closest fire is probably 50 miles away. it's bad for breathing good!
Sojourner Posted August 16, 2007 Author Posted August 16, 2007 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1359929' date='Aug 15 2007, 11:53 PM']high: my baby girl almost crawled!! she got up on her hands and knees at the same time! it was amazing! low: because of all the fires going on in my state, it's very smokey in my city, even thought the closest fire is probably 50 miles away. it's bad for breathing good! [/quote] Yay for almost crawling!!! That's very exciting : I hadn't heard about the fires ... that's amazing it is still smokey even though they are so far away ...
mtettleton Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 I love high/lows! My high today was getting my phatmass shirt in the mail... My low was getting caught in traffic and being 5 minutes late to mass... dang it!
Lil Red Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1359933' date='Aug 15 2007, 10:57 PM']Yay for almost crawling!!! That's very exciting : I hadn't heard about the fires ... that's amazing it is still smokey even though they are so far away ...[/quote] it is very exciting (the crawling, not the fires). she looked so cute doing it too. i wish i could upload my cell phone videos to my computer, because then i would try to post them to facebook or photobucket.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 High: I made a small fortune in the casino and gave some to Jen, who made a much larger fortune. Low: The casino locked up and wouldn't let Jennie quit, so she lost it all.
Paddington Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 High: New, Improved Job Low: Might get messed over by landlord who had her brother give me the lease and may have mislead me. She has never even read the lease! BTW, I hope the fact that I have no smoke alarms (their fault) can be an Ace-In-The-Hole for me if she does indeed try to mess me over. I will meet with her tomorrow. She is rich, I am poor. I was mislead, she is perhaps going in for the kill. Another Ace is that the guy is friends with my mom. He [i]repeatedly[/i] told me [i]with different reasons[/i] this would not happen. That apartment sat empty for a [i]couple years[/i] until I came along! I pray she doesn't try anything. She made it sound like she [i]would[/i] try some garbage. The lease doesn't say there is any penalty for leaving early, but Idunno now....
Paddington Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 (edited) Y'all should pray for me and the others involved in my above post. Just saying. Edited August 16, 2007 by Paddington
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 High: Getting up early after getting a full night's uninterrupted rest (its a true miracle, folks) and making it to the Library and all our other errands. Low: I'm suffering through some allergies--stuffy nose in the morning, itchy eyes throughout the day. (Its still pretty early, thats the lowest its gotten so far.) Another High: Thank God for the makers of Claritin and Visine (with antihistamine) because without those my lows would outweigh my highs today.
jiyoung Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 (edited) High: I go back to school in ten days! Low: I leave home again in ten days... Edited August 16, 2007 by jiyoung
doe-jo Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 low: my ex girlfriend kindof.. its complicated.. she's also my best friend.. well, she's having some financial problems.. and i think her parents are mad at her.. (please pray for her) high: i went to confession then went to mass.. awesome!
Sojourner Posted August 16, 2007 Author Posted August 16, 2007 [quote name='Paddington' post='1359952' date='Aug 16 2007, 12:45 AM']Y'all should pray for me and the others involved in my above post. Just saying. [/quote] of course. I think this could well be my favorite thread ever. I love this kind of stuff.
Andrea348 Posted August 16, 2007 Posted August 16, 2007 Low: I had to say goodbye to the school I've been working at for the past two years. Very emotional. High: I got to talk to a friend from college I haven't talked to in at least 6 months, and I got to go to Mass!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now