An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pulling Out Of Iraq

dairygirl4u2c

Anyone who says America has ever gone to war over oil is way too believing of liberal media diatribe.

The people who claim America is "robbing the Arab world of their oil" are full of it. We pay them $80 for a little barrel of oil and we're robbing them? Please. If we wanted to "steal" the Arab's oil we would have military taken over their oil fields and our gas companies would be getting oil as if they were drilling in the USA. Instead we buy it from them. This is known in global politics/economics as "international trade", not "stealing".

So why are we in Iraq? I don't know for sure. All I know is that we're there and I doubt that we're leaving anytime soon. I'm sure our leaders could tell us what we're really doing over there, but that's classified information.

dairygirl4u2c

you can be sure that the obviouslyists are saying "we should leave, obviously" or "we should stay, obviously". neither side has much justification for their statements when asked. they're just giving their robot responses, cause what they are suppose to believe to be affliated with their party line. they are out of touch with reality.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1409021' date='Oct 25 2007, 06:26 AM']Anyone who says America has ever gone to war over oil is way too believing of liberal media diatribe.

The people who claim America is "robbing the Arab world of their oil" are full of it. We pay them $80 for a little barrel of oil and we're robbing them? Please. If we wanted to "steal" the Arab's oil we would have military taken over their oil fields and our gas companies would be getting oil as if they were drilling in the USA. Instead we buy it from them. This is known in global politics/economics as "international trade", not "stealing".

So why are we in Iraq? I don't know for sure. All I know is that we're there and I doubt that we're leaving anytime soon. I'm sure our leaders could tell us what we're really doing over there, but that's classified information.[/quote]

Bingo.

Pro's & Con's of staying in Iraq.

Pro's:
------

1: More dead US soldiers equals less chance of another country being illegally invaded by the US. In other words, it'll make them think twice (perhaps) before trying it again.
2: [For Oil Companies] The more trouble in the region, the higher oil prices go, ending up with more $$$ in richmen's pockets.
3: Guerilla techniques and procedures will be re-defined and can be taught to other guerilla groups, that are or might have to fight the US/Western forces.
4: Violence will continue, and get worse. [Which it will either way, once you've destabilized a country, it can take generations to stablize]

Con's:
-------

1: You'll leave the country in a state of complete and permanent chaos. Only problem is, it'll always be like this now.
2: US Govt won't learn another lesson in getting it's butt kicked.
3: US Multi-nationals, Oil Companies and so forth, will lose another financial foothold in the Arab world. [That's more bad for the rich guys :)]

-------------------------

[quote]Justin86

Anyone who says America has ever gone to war over oil is way too believing of liberal media diatribe.

So why are we in Iraq? I don't know for sure. All I know is that we're there and I doubt that we're leaving anytime soon. I'm sure our leaders could tell us what we're really doing over there, but that's classified information.[/quote]

Yes cause clearly the liberals are the cause for rich, right-wing, white man's want to own and control all forms of resources on this planet.

yet another tradgic victim that's been suckered into the right-wing propaganda machine.

"This is known in global politics/economics as "international trade", not "stealing"." [b]ROFL![/b] That bit was the clincher for me. Kind of like when an Israeli soldier kills a Palestine child playing soccer, and calling it self-defense eh?..

Get some sense.

blovedwolfofgod

I think we should stay. I joined the Army in one of the most dangerous positions (scout) so that maybe I could make a difference. When we leave, any number of things could happen. Like, Iran invading (new Russian alliance) or genocide like in Darfur. Maybe we shouldnt have gone, maybe there were better places to go. But we shouldnt leave now that we're there. That would be a big mistake.

Spamity Calamity

Leaving Iraq would not be feasible or responsible. No matter who gets elected we will not be leaving. Debating wherther we should leave Iraq or whether or not we should have invaded are both pointless to argue at this point.

[quote name='S][N' post='1409110' date='Oct 25 2007, 12:08 PM']
Pro's & Con's

Pro's:

Con's:
2: US Govt won't learn another lesson in getting it's butt kicked.(left entire sentence for context only.)[/quote]
You're abusing apostrophes. Amnesty International might get upset.

Pro's & Con's

Pro's:

Con's:
2: US Govt won't learn another lesson in getting it's butt kicked.(left entire sentence for context only.)[/quote]

Pro's & Con's

Pro's:

Con's:

Pro's & Con's

Pro's:

Con's:

dairygirl4u2c

well, i agree we could never leave completely. that seems safe to say.
leave v. go is really a question of how many should leave, if any.
saying clearly one way or the other is not warranted in those situations to anyone who faces reality, and the limits of what they know.

and just so i can take another swipe at conservative obviouslyists. i think this will hit the nail on the head. maybe. i think msot would agree getting out of vietnam was necessary. even many conervatives. yet, many conservative then would not say so. current day ones, i'd suspect, would not admit that they'd espousehat view back then. (some honest ones might, as hind sight is 2020) but what's for certain the case with obviouslyists. back then, they would have said we should stay, obviously. there's the hindsight argument that they coldn't know, but they have no basis for sayig obviously, especially given that history proved them wrong. if it was truely obvious, history would have proven that tehy should stay. if a consrevative back then might be senstivite all that back then, they simply would not say anything, and admit nothing. God forbid being wrong, or acknowledging uncertainty. that's the problem with obviouslists.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

tho sometimes i might misunderstand obviouslists. they could argue, even the uncertainty, that obviously we should stay given what we know, as limited as it is. that would be fair enough of a statement. it's a subjective "obviously". what they seem to be claiming often is more of an objective "obviously" such that if we don't stay all hell would break loose. which, very much seemed not to be the case historically.

[quote]God forbid being wrong, or acknowledging uncertainty. that's the problem with obviouslists.[/quote]

How much of American politics are based on this? Everyone is constantly scrambling to spin doctor everything so that they look like they were right. I think every politician is guilty of this, and since the politicians control our country (and ultimately our military) we will be stuck with indecisive actions.

Honestly, I think if we were to pull out now, they country would collapse on itself and it would be even more of a disaster. Our politicians have really put us into a no-win situation, either stay and suffer American casualties as a result, or leave and watch the country destroy itself on the nightly news.

In the meantime, just pray for the troops stationed over there, and support them every way we can. :sign: