Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Saw Monty Python And The Holy Grail Today


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='abercius24' post='1382010' date='Sep 9 2007, 06:31 PM']I'd like to hear your interpretation of scenes from "The Life of Brian" along the same level.[/quote]
"Holy Grail" toes the line.

"Life of Brian" jumps right over it.

Posted

[quote name='abercius24' post='1382010' date='Sep 9 2007, 07:31 PM']I'd like to hear your interpretation of scenes from "The Life of Brian" along the same level.[/quote]
I haven't made anywhere near as intense a study of Near Eastern politics and culture at the time of Christ as I have of arthurian literature, and I have only seen Life of Brian once and Monty Python and the Holy Grail about 5x, so I'm afraid I cannot answer that question!

Posted

[quote name='Staretz' post='1382017' date='Sep 9 2007, 07:40 PM']I haven't made anywhere near as intense a study of Near Eastern politics and culture at the time of Christ as I have of arthurian literature, and I have only seen Life of Brian once and Monty Python and the Holy Grail about 5x, so I'm afraid I cannot answer that question![/quote]

Do you think "Life of Brian" is blasmephous?

Posted

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1382014' date='Sep 9 2007, 07:35 PM']"Holy Grail" toes the line.

"Life of Brian" jumps right over it.[/quote]

I can appreciate that response. :)

Posted

[quote name='abercius24' post='1382023' date='Sep 9 2007, 06:45 PM']I can appreciate that response. :)[/quote]
yeah ... the iffy things in Holy Grail are just this side of funny, imo, and I could see how someone of a more sensitive nature could find it quite offensive. I personally think it is hilarious, and reference it often in my life. Like my friend who was crawling up the stairs because her knee was injured, but insisted it wasn't that bad. "It's just a flesh wound."

LOB, on the other hand, crosses the line way too many times to the point that it is no longer funny.

Pontifite 7 of 10
Posted

I'm glad I fell asleep during that movie than.

Posted

[quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1382052' date='Sep 9 2007, 07:40 PM']I'm glad I fell asleep during that movie than.[/quote]
:yes:

I fall asleep during movies all the time, but only if I am at home. I never do when I'm at the theater.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...