An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theology Project

salterrae

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='salterrae' post='1392551' date='Sep 24 2007, 06:53 PM']Not exactly what I was asking. Sorry. Thanks anyways.

What I meant was: Is the Holy Spirit 'His (Jesus's) Holy Spirit' or just 'the Holy Spirit'?
Yeah. I was thinking about doing that...[/quote]
Oh...you know what, I feel like a dummy because I didn't read that very well.

Both work fine, but I would probably use "the Holy Spirit" to avoid confusion.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1392559' date='Sep 24 2007, 08:00 PM']it's the Holy Spirit, i believe.
[size=1][color="white"]btw, i think it's an awesome project[/color][/size][/quote]
[quote name='Raphael' post='1392560' date='Sep 24 2007, 08:01 PM']Oh...you know what, I feel like a dummy because I didn't read that very well.

Both work fine, but I would probably use "the Holy Spirit" to avoid confusion.[/quote]
Gracias to both of yous. ^_^

Redemtptionis Sacramentum chapter four:
[quote][81.] The Church’s custom shows that it is necessary for each person to examine himself at depth,[163] and that anyone who is conscious of grave sin should not celebrate or receive the Body of the Lord without prior sacramental confession, except for grave reason when the possibility of confession is lacking; in this case he will remember that he is bound by the obligation of making an act of perfect contrition, which includes the intention to confess as soon as possible”.[164][/quote]

Ecclesia de Eucharicharistia, chapter four:

[quote]Keeping these invisible bonds intact is a specific moral duty incumbent upon Christians who wish to participate fully in the Eucharist by receiving the body and blood of Christ. The Apostle Paul appeals to this duty when he warns: “Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup” (1 Cor 11:28). Saint John Chrysostom, with his stirring eloquence, exhorted the faithful: “I too raise my voice, I beseech, beg and implore that no one draw near to this sacred table with a sullied and corrupt conscience. Such an act, in fact, can never be called 'communion', not even were we to touch the Lord's body a thousand times over, but 'condemnation', 'torment' and 'increase of punishment'”.73[/quote]

[quote]36 .Along these same lines, the Catechism of the Catholic Church rightly stipulates that “anyone conscious of a grave sin must receive the sacrament of Reconciliation before coming to communion”.74 I therefore desire to reaffirm that in the Church there remains in force, now and in the future, the rule by which the Council of Trent gave concrete expression to the Apostle Paul's stern warning when it affirmed that, in order to receive the Eucharist in a worthy manner, “one must first confess one's sins, when one is aware of mortal sin”.75[/quote]

How do I credit the council of Trent?

The CCC credited this phrase

"thereby he constituted them priests of the New Testament."

as 'Council of Trent (1562): DS 1740.'

I want to use a different phrase from the Council of Trent.

Was that a general credit to the whole document, or for that specific phrase?

I want to quote

“…that He might leave, to His own beloved Spouse the Church, a visible sacrifice, such as the nature of man requires…”

from Chapter 1 pg. 153.