dUSt Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 Who has blogs that they actually maintain consistently? I would like to start creating articles for the phatmass homepage and was talking to phatcatholic about this. If we can get a good group of writers, we can supply [b]original[/b] content for phatmass and start competing with other more "serious" Catholic sites. I'd especially like to get some of our resident priests, nuns and seminarians on board. The concept is that if you have a more "comprehensive" post for your blog, more than just a "what did I do today" type thing, you post that on phatmass instead of your blog. Then, at the bottom of the article, you may reference people to your personal blog to comment on that article. Meanwhile, on your blog page, you can make an entry saying, "check out the article I just wrote for phatamss and tell me what you think". This will promote phatmass and promote your blog. Now, if you don't have a blog and simply want to write articles for phatmass, that's fine too. I'm thinking the initial categories can be: Culture Politics Theology Apologetics Humor I'm SERIOUS about this. Who's on board?
prose Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 Are we talking once a month? Once a week? I would be interested in coming up with something relating to youth ministry, but it would depend on how often the demand would be.
dUSt Posted September 28, 2007 Author Posted September 28, 2007 [quote name='prose' post='1394763' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:21 AM']Are we talking once a month? Once a week? I would be interested in coming up with something relating to youth ministry, but it would depend on how often the demand would be.[/quote] The goal would be to have a new article at least once a day. If we can get about 7 dedicated writers, that's an article a week. Of course, the beauty of having a team of writers is that some may write more, some less. When a few people are having writers block, go on vacation, too busy, etc, the other writers can pick up the slack so to speak. I'm totally fine with having one writer submit an article every other day and others submit an article once a month. However it works out.
prose Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 I am definitely interested. I don't have a blog. It would have to be just for PhatMass purposes, so what would I do, email it?
morostheos Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 I'd be interested. I have a blog that I've written posts of substance for kind of haphazardly, but something like this would probably be a good way for me to commit to writing more frequently. I could do some articles on the social teaching of the Church in relation to current events possibly.
dUSt Posted September 28, 2007 Author Posted September 28, 2007 [quote name='prose' post='1394776' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:55 AM']I am definitely interested. I don't have a blog. It would have to be just for PhatMass purposes, so what would I do, email it?[/quote] You'll get your own login and password to post articles to the homepage.
dUSt Posted September 28, 2007 Author Posted September 28, 2007 [quote name='morostheos' post='1394778' date='Sep 28 2007, 12:09 PM']I'd be interested. I have a blog that I've written posts of substance for kind of haphazardly, but something like this would probably be a good way for me to commit to writing more frequently. I could do some articles on the social teaching of the Church in relation to current events possibly.[/quote] Yes! Do y'all think it would legitimatize things to use real names when writing articles?
Starets Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 I'd be willing to help out with that as well. My blog is [url="http://dboyko.com/protomonk"]The Protomonk[/url]
let_go_let_God Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 I am actually starting a new blog and this would be a great way for me to have a little direction in my writing. Umm I guess I could be mostly humor but I also want to dive in to real topics within the Catholic faith. My blog is [url="http://faithmindedmath.blogspot.com/"]Faith Minded Math[/url] God bless- LGLG
missionseeker Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 (edited) I'd be interested. I have a blog but am a student taking 6 classes and working 20 hours a week. I normally have a new post two or three times a month, though. I can send you a link if you'd like. Edited September 28, 2007 by missionseeker
PapaHilarious Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 I think it's a great idea, Dust. I'm an author, screenwriter, and I've dabbled in articles, though I haven't gotten around to seeking publication yet. Currently doing a series for our parish bulletin about Respect Life issues. Also a big fan of Apologetics, being a convert. Just be in touch if you need help, and I'm in.
prose Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 [quote name='dUSt' post='1394795' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:32 AM']Yes! Do y'all think it would legitimatize things to use real names when writing articles?[/quote] When talking about Church's teaching and such, absolutely. When talking about casual stuff, not so much.
traichuoi Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 how about the intersection of law and Morality/social justice?
Seven77 Posted September 28, 2007 Posted September 28, 2007 i try to post frequently on [url="http://www.chariotfire.com/"]Chariot of Fire[/url]... dUSt, i was just thinking about this yesterday.
Lounge Daddy Posted September 29, 2007 Posted September 29, 2007 I could crank out an article at least every other week, and I would happily do it.
Jaime Posted September 29, 2007 Posted September 29, 2007 [quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1394972' date='Sep 28 2007, 09:47 PM']I could crank out an article at least every other week, and I would happily do it.[/quote] I would read it
dUSt Posted September 29, 2007 Author Posted September 29, 2007 [quote name='hot stuff' post='1394973' date='Sep 28 2007, 09:54 PM']I would read it[/quote] And I would watch through the window as hot stuff reads it.
phatcatholic Posted September 29, 2007 Posted September 29, 2007 [quote name='dUSt' post='1394977' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:18 PM']And I would watch through the window as hot stuff reads it.[/quote] scary
Jaime Posted September 29, 2007 Posted September 29, 2007 [quote name='phatcatholic' post='1395006' date='Sep 29 2007, 01:04 AM']scary [/quote] When he quits marking his territory, he can be an inside webmaster
franciscanheart Posted September 29, 2007 Posted September 29, 2007 i can only come up with something worthwhile about once a month. i'm completely serious too...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now