An Old School Catholic Message Board

Britney Gets Saved

BLAZEr

PatrickRitaMichael

what a crock! i've seen too many people cry over alter calls , get emotionally charged up and vow to completely turn around their lives and the next week after having that emotional high , they're back to the same old thing. if she cleans up her act a ton (and pulls her current CD, which has, among other things, an ode to masturbation) for the next year, then i'll believe she had a religious conversion. if not, then it's not like it's less than i expected from britney.

i know that sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

I hope she sincerely invited Christ into her heart at the altar call and she drops the NewAge *&%$! and puts some clothes on and becomes a Christian example. If she does she will definitly have a good testemony. Singer Mary J. Blige and Showgirl Lola Falani answered altar calls and they really changed for the better.

I hope she sincerely invited Christ into her heart at the altar call and she drops the NewAge *&%$! and puts some clothes on and becomes a Christian example. If she does she will definitly have a good testemony. Singer Mary J. Blige and Showgirl Lola Falani answered altar calls and they really changed for the better.

Did you know that Lola Falana is now a Catholic? A very devout one at that -- she's even appeared on Catholic Answers Live!

Come on...let's pray that she really allowed Christ to touch her heart...

amen indeed

my prayers were and continue to be with her

she has the abillity to touch so many souls, so many souls

i hope God has really convicted her, and she will start bearing fruit through Christ

She could lead so many to the King. I think she has been so caught up in the world, she lost touch to who she was. I hope God has great plans ahead for her

what a crock! i've seen too many people cry over alter calls , get emotionally charged up and vow to completely turn around their lives and the next week after having that emotional high , they're back to the same old thing. if she cleans up her act a ton (and pulls her current CD, which has, among other things, an ode to masturbation) for the next year, then i'll believe she had a religious conversion. if not, then it's not like it's less than i expected from britney.

i know that sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

that is pretty harsh

who are these people ?

y are u judgeing them if their justified by faith alone ? i do agree with you though, that it should show through her fruit, so lets pray to God that it does

i think brittney spears isnt that guilty for all the junk thats out their

shes been way to sexual, but for you to say that God touching her was jus a "crock" is a pretty vain thing for you to say

Edited by Guest

hyperdulia again

If anyone stood before me and said Christ had died for them and that he rose on the third day and ascended into heaven where he is seated at the right hand of the father, i would throw my arms around them and call them brother/sister..even if they were half naked.

Edited by hyperdulia again

Wasn't Miss Spears raised as a Catholic? I recall seeing her on EWTN telling the audience about her faith. This was in her school-girl image phase.

Does anyone else remember this?

Wasn't Miss Spears raised as a Catholic? I recall seeing her on EWTN telling the audience about her faith. This was in her school-girl image phase.

Britney Spears on EWTN???!!!

She's Baptist and always has been!

not that i know of. i recall another time i saw on the news saying that her "pastor" wasn't too happy about her New CD or the type of role model she being. wouldn't it have referred to the pastor as a "Priest" if she was catholic (although priests can be pastors too)

I dunno about this whole britney "born again" spears thing. I'd like to believe it too, but i have a haunch it isn't very likely. althought with god anything is possible.

If anyone stood before me and said Christ had died for them and that he rose on the third day and ascended into heaven where he is seated at the right hand of the father, i would throw my arms around them and call them brother/sister..even if they were half naked.

:clap:

Britney Spears on EWTN???!!!

She's Baptist and always has been!

Whoooo...thank goodness I've got a bad memory!

Poor Baptists! :lol:

Did you know that Lola Falana is now a Catholic?  A very devout one at that -- she's even appeared on Catholic Answers Live!

off subject from britney,

A devout Christian, but not a totally feverent Catholic, she came to my city and spoke at my grandparents parish about being a born-again Christian and she yes she is a Catholic, but one who accepts Catholicism on par with all other Christian denominations - she called herself a spiritual Catholic or something like that. Guilt from her sinful lifestyle and her diagnosis with terminal MS lead her to conversion. I still give her much props and respect because she has accepted Christ as her Savior, come home to Catholicism, and her faith+testemony+witness is amesome. I hope the same for Britney.

off subject from britney,

A devout Christian, but not a totally feverent Catholic, she came to my city and spoke at my grandparents parish about being a born-again Christian and she yes she is a Catholic, but one who accepts Catholicism on par with all other Christian denominations - she called herself a spiritual Catholic or something like that. Guilt from her sinful lifestyle and her diagnosis with terminal MS lead her to conversion. I still give her much props and respect because she has accepted Christ as her Savior, come home to Catholicism, and her faith+testemony+witness is amesome. I hope the same for Britney.

That's just not true. I don't know how your grandparents or whoever got that idea. Perhaps they misinterpreted something she said? Lola Falana is a highly devout CATHOLIC CHRISTIAN. She has a tremendous devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, praying all the decades each day. And she really frequents the sacraments. Doesn't sound like the behavior of one who considers one Christian faith just as good as another!