An Old School Catholic Message Board

Britney Gets Saved

BLAZEr

That's just not true.  I don't know how your grandparents or whoever got that idea.  Perhaps they misinterpreted something she said?  Lola Falana is a highly devout CATHOLIC CHRISTIAN.  She has a tremendous devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, praying all the decades each day.  And she really frequents the sacraments.  Doesn't sound like the behavior of one who considers one Christian faith just as good as another!

I attended her talk with my parents and grandparents at St. Augustine Church, New Orleans in 1999. She speaks here all the time. She spoke from a mainstream Christian point-of-view and mentioned her devotion to the Blessed Mother. She also talks about personal visions of Christ that lead to her conversion to Christianity. She is also a very popular speaker in Protestant circles because she uses a lot of their language and she is a great example of a sinner who has come home to Christ. A truly amesome Catholic Christian with a mind blowing and powerful spirit moving testemony. It would be wrong to discredit her faith.

Hyper as a fellow "most horrible sinner" I don't believe in labels and blacklisting fellow Catholics sincerely trying to live the Faith because we are all Christians, some Prot and others Catholic, but we have all sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. We are all on an individual faithwalk and I can't discredit anyone who God is working wonders through.

What comes to mind is what John the Baptist said to the pharisees who came to him to be baptized: "Give me some evidence you mean to reform".

I hate to say this, but there are a LOT of people who claim to be Catholic/Christian, but they act completely the opposite in public. It does give a bad name to Christianity.

PatrickRitaMichael

that is pretty harsh

who are these people ?

y are u judgeing them if their justified by faith alone ? i do agree with you though, that it should show through her fruit, so lets pray to God that it does

i think brittney spears isnt that guilty for all the junk thats out their

shes been way to sexual, but for you to say that God touching her was jus a "crock" is a pretty vain thing for you to say

I'm not judging what God does in people's lives or whether He can save Britney (of course He can, He's God), but since it's all rumor and all we know is that she went up for an altar call, not whether she's accepted Christ or not. I am disinclined to believe the rumors that she's Christian, based on personal experiences with altar calls. But I agree that my last post was judgemental and harsh in tone. I should be hoping that she did become a Christian and will turn her life around. I am just waiting to see the evidence.

hyperdulia again

Actually Norseman I think Christianity's "bad name" is directly traceable to the holier-than-thou attitude of man Christians. This refusal to admit that everyone of us deserves the fires of Hell, but still have the hope that through the mercy of the Father, the sacrifice of the Son, the power of the Spirit, and the prayer of the Church (in Heaven, on Eartg, and in Purgatory), we might rest in the Lord. Not one of us is worthy. Not one of us ever will be. Christ came to save a reprobate and fallen human race from itself.

NewReformation

Anybody care to point out where these articles say that she got saved? All that I see is that she cried during an emotional service.

Actually Norseman I think Christianity's "bad name" is directly traceable to the holier-than-thou attitude of man Christians. This refusal to admit that everyone of us deserves the fires of Hell, but still have the hope that through the mercy of the Father, the sacrifice of the Son, the power of the Spirit, and the prayer of the Church (in Heaven, on Eartg, and in Purgatory), we might rest in the Lord. Not one of us is worthy. Not one of us ever will be. Christ came to save a reprobate and fallen human race from itself.

I wasn't referring to anything on this board, I'm referring to other boards that I participate in where people either:

1) Make scandalous statements, such as asking why someone wasn't getting laid when they were 15

2) Make cruel sport of people, such as making fun of people who've had motorcycle accidents

In both cases, people made those posts while having as their signatures the homepage for the Christian Sportbike Association. I can provide screen prints if you'd like.

I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for some things.

PatrickRitaMichael

Actually Norseman I think Christianity's "bad name" is directly traceable to the holier-than-thou attitude of man Christians.  This refusal to admit that everyone of us deserves the fires of Hell, but still have the hope that through the mercy of the Father, the sacrifice of the Son, the power of the Spirit, and the prayer of the Church (in Heaven, on Eartg, and in Purgatory), we might rest in the Lord.  Not one of us  is  worthy.  Not one of us ever will be.  Christ came to save a reprobate and fallen human race from itself.

Thanks for posting this Hyper, I am, unfortunately, one of those who struggles w/ this problem myself. :( I need to pray more..

It's always good to get a reality check that it's not me who makes heaven even a remote possiblity -- it's God. Thank you.

I have gone through times similar to this. What a feeling to be so emotionally attatched to a mass. It is something special that grabs you. It is such an amazing feeling. I hope Brittney follows her graces.

Lola Falana is a Catholic. And quite franky, she's kinda odd. Last year when I was working with "a certain pro-life group that I won't mention" I had to call Lola Falana (you gotta say her name out loud, it's amesome) . . I spent 30 minutes on the phone with her one time and an hour another time. She is not your run of the mill devout Catholic. She's a screwball. But she has a strong devotion to Our Lady and is 100% pro-life.

So that makes her alright in my book, though I wouldn't want her teaching my kids Catechism.

Can we just praise someone for being devout, even if they get all kinds of things wrong in their heads?

Lola Falana is a Catholic. And quite franky, she's kinda odd. Last year when I was working with "a certain pro-life group that I won't mention" I had to call Lola Falana (you gotta say her name out loud, it's amesome) . . I spent 30 minutes on the phone with her one time and an hour another time. She is not your run of the mill devout Catholic. She's a screwball. But she has a strong devotion to Our Lady and is 100% pro-life.

So that makes her alright in my book, though I wouldn't want her teaching my kids Catechism.

Can we just praise someone for being devout, even if they get all kinds of things wrong in their heads?

Could y'all be more specific as to HOW she's a screwball?

Could y'all be more specific as to HOW she's a screwball?

I never called her a screwball, but my post shows she isn't exactly the Mother Angelica that you perceive her to be, but none-the-less a good Catholic Christian. She preaches mainstream Christianity, nothing against the Pope, Sacraments, or teachings of the Church. You wouldn't be turned off by anything she has to say, and her testemony is actually really moving and powerful. Imagine a Billy Graham sermon about how repenting and inviting Christ into your heart can change your life, while touching on the BVM at some point. That should give you an idea. I am personally attracted to this style of evangelism in some ecumenical situations because it's sort of bland enough to find a niche in everyone's conscience no matter if it's a Protestant or a Catholic or someone who has fallen away from Christianity. Her testimony has something everyone can sort of relate too.

• 3 years later...
NewReformation

Latest I heard, workers at the rehab clinic said she had been running up and down the hallway screaming "I am the antichrist!"

Continue to pray for her.