Laudate_Dominum Posted October 19, 2007 Author Posted October 19, 2007 [quote name='Justin86' post='1405040' date='Oct 18 2007, 06:47 PM']Therefore yes, I would laugh at a barney gun or some weirdo collecting Star Trek weapons without fear that they might be used on me.[/quote] Hey! I actually wish I could afford to collect Star Trek stuff.
Socrates Posted October 19, 2007 Posted October 19, 2007 (edited) This just makes me proud of the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms, and shows the need to defend that right. Not content with banning firearms, the Brit government is working on banning various knives, swords, etc. (I read somewhere that they were even lobbying to ban certain kitchen knives!) Where will this end? All kinds of objects can be used to inflict lethal force by a skilled person. Fear the government that fears your gun (or Klingon sword-thingy)! Edited October 19, 2007 by Socrates
Laudate_Dominum Posted October 19, 2007 Author Posted October 19, 2007 [quote name='Hashbrowns' post='1405050' date='Oct 18 2007, 07:02 PM']P.S. I don't really know if i trust this news source, but it was the only relevant news on the first page of Google search. and the police want butterfly knives(which are illegal to sell in certain states here, due to their extreme lethality and small size), flip knives, and swords. therefore, carry a small dagger! [/quote] yeah, I'd be in trouble if they had weird laws like that here since I own a pretty phat sword.
Laudate_Dominum Posted October 19, 2007 Author Posted October 19, 2007 [quote name='Socrates' post='1405121' date='Oct 18 2007, 09:44 PM']This just makes me proud of the 2nd Amendment and the right to bar arms, and shows the need to defend that right. Not content with banning firearms, the Brit government is working on banning various knives, swords, etc. (I read somewhere that they were even lobbying to ban certain kitchen knives! Where will this end? All kinds of objects can be used to inflict lethal force by a skilled person. Fear the government that fears your gun (or Klingon sword-thingy)![/quote] they'd have to kill me before I'd surrender my sword.. A warriors sword is like his very soul. Ok, I'm playing, but I still think its dumb that people can't own cool things like that. I could see making it illegal for people with a history of violent crime to buy or own such things, but for some they are a cool art form or a part of a cultural heritage, et cetera.
Norseman82 Posted October 19, 2007 Posted October 19, 2007 FYI, it's called a bat'leth (I'm giving the phonetic spelling). Remember, you can't appreciate Shakespeare until you've read it in the original Klingon....
Justin86 Posted October 19, 2007 Posted October 19, 2007 I think it's ridiculous and futile to ban knives when you can take over an airplane with box cutters. I mean, even if I really thought passing a mere law actually would do anything to get people to lay down their weapons(which I don't), you would have to ban every single cutting object. It's just not possible. People need them for survival.
Autumn Dusk Posted October 20, 2007 Posted October 20, 2007 [quote name='Justin86' post='1405040' date='Oct 18 2007, 08:47 PM']Let me guess, you're against legal gun ownership aren't you?[/quote] No, but I'm into people taking wepons seriously, and this includeds not creating usable replacas out of imaginary wepons and not allowing deadly wepons to be stockpiled. Everyone has a right to a gun, maybe two or three if they hunt.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now