An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Specter

elizabeth_jane

Re: Making all 7
(and I love Narnia Web!!!)

They are making all 7, but I think they're making them in order of how they were published (?), not necessarily chronologically (as in, the series). The kids are in:

--The Horse and His Boy
--Voyage of the Dawn Treader (but just Edmund and Lucy)
--The Last Battle (but no Susan)

The nice thing is there are a few years between each one, and in "Horse and His Boy" the kids are about the same age as they were at the end of LWW, since it actually takes place w/in the timeframe of LWW (as in, it's when the kids are still Kings and Queens of Narnia the first time).

They'll need new kids, obviously, for Jill and Eustace and the kids in The Magician's Nephew (I'm forgetting the boy's name--the one who becomes The Professor. Brain blank).

I love all the kids, but Lucy (Georgie Henley) is my favorite. I just want to take her home with me. But Lucy is my favorite character in the series, anyway.

[quote name='Catholictothecore' post='1432186' date='Dec 9 2007, 08:43 PM']I used to belong to Narniaweb.com. It's the official site for all things Narnia, movies and book.[/quote]
If it's the official site, then I'm the Pope. Seriously, it's just as official as MY site: NarniaFans.com

My site is more Catholic based (a few of our moderators are Catholic, even!). We're not mortal enemies, and we're trying to get people to play nice between the sites, but for future reference: NarniaFans.com is the best and getting better. :) We've got more information, we're just figuring out a new way to organize it all so that we can have more data than ever before.

sarcasmguy126

THAT WAS AWESOME! (how many times has that been said)? No, this looks spectacular! I have to re-read the book, and I had to pause the trailer several times at certain points. I like the Gladiator-esque look they've given that fight scene, and the battles look better. Also, I thought I saw the Witch from the first one...that was wierd. Then again, I guess it's her ghost from the scene where the sorceress wants to conjure her ghost. Will it be true to the book? Time will tell. Man, that looks AWESOME!!!!

Also, I'm looking forward to National Treasure 2 next week. That looks good. Hope these Disney sequels will be better than the Pirates ones were. Those were poor and long.

[quote name='sarcasmguy126' post='1434759' date='Dec 16 2007, 12:45 PM']Also, I'm looking forward to National Treasure 2 next week. That looks good. Hope these Disney sequels will be better than the Pirates ones were. Those were poor and long.[/quote]
Um...how do you make a sequel to that one? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen the first one yet (please don't hurt me!) but I have it from netflix so I'll watch it tonight. I saw the trailer for it on Christmas Day when my parents, brother, and I went to see National Treasure. It looks great and now I can't wait to see the first one! National Treasure was great too btw!

I've almost completed reading all 7 books with my oldest son (13 years old). He's going to be pleased to learn this movie is coming out (and maybe all the others too!).

Good news indeed.

[quote name='elizabeth_jane' post='1432220' date='Dec 9 2007, 11:10 PM']Re: Making all 7
(and I love Narnia Web!!!)

They are making all 7, but I think they're making them in order of how they were published (?), not necessarily chronologically (as in, the series). The kids are in:

--The Horse and His Boy
--Voyage of the Dawn Treader (but just Edmund and Lucy)
--The Last Battle (but no Susan)

The nice thing is there are a few years between each one, and in "Horse and His Boy" the kids are about the same age as they were at the end of LWW, since it actually takes place w/in the timeframe of LWW (as in, it's when the kids are still Kings and Queens of Narnia the first time).

They'll need new kids, obviously, for Jill and Eustace and the kids in The Magician's Nephew (I'm forgetting the boy's name--the one who becomes The Professor. Brain blank).

I love all the kids, but Lucy (Georgie Henley) is my favorite. I just want to take her home with me. But Lucy is my favorite character in the series, anyway.[/quote]
The age of the kids (actors) really wouldn't be an issue for the [i]Horse and his Boy[/i], as they are adults in that story, and would probably be played by different actors. And (if I recall correctly), they only make a rather brief appearance in that story.

It's been awhile since I read the books, but are the Pevenskie children in [i]The Last Battle[/i]? If so, that could be problematic, as at the rate they're moving, the kids will all long be grown up by the time filming on that one begins.

Anyway, the [i]Prince Caspian[/i] trailer looks pretty cool.