An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexuals Adopting Children

jasJis

Should ACTIVELY homosexual couples be allowed to adopt children?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cmotherofpirl

To be our brothers keeper is what we should do, The context in which he said that though was for our spiritual friends and partners to point out or mistakes lovingly, not on a chat forum.....lil difference...

Secondly,

Im sure all of us at one time have done something that defies church teaching and because we have doesnt mean all the sudden we arent cathoilcs anymore.

So people at phatmass are not our spiritual friends and brothers and sisters?

If you consistantly defy church teachings on a regular basis how can you call yourself catholic?

That is not the same as sinning, repenting, confessing, and starting over.

Of course we repent but you didnt say that, you said if you defy church teachings then you are not catholic. I (more often than i would like) do something stupid whether it be sinning or defy church teachings or not sticking up for church teachings when i should, but that doesnt mean im not catholic and i recognize that it is wrong and i recognize that the church is right.

And I hate to put this harshly but yes I know that phatmassers are all bros and siss in christ. But the internet is not a way to REALLY get to know someone. So I wouldnt be 2 quick on the internet to point out others faults and tell them who is and isnt catholic.

Good Friday

UGH. I quit. May God have mercy on all those who obstinately refuse to listen to the Church. Amen, I'm done with this thread.

Edited by Good Friday

Friday;

There is a big differnece between openly being defiant and just plain not agreeing with church teaching and agreeing with church teaching but sometimes you fall and dont always follow it. Big difference...

Good Friday

Vianney -- While I don't want to judge anyone, I can say with certainty that the people I'm referring to on this thread are those who are openly defiant and just plain don't agree with Church teaching, they have said so themselves on this very thread. I definitely know the difference, since I'm the kind who agrees with Church teaching but falls from time to time.

ok i see what your saying then, yes I would have to agree with you then those who basically dont accept church teaching need to question why they are in this church. I agree with you totally there. Sorry for any mis communication on my part.

Good Friday

If I had wanted to identify them, I would have. I'm sure they know who they are, and I hope anyone who it doesn't apply to doesn't mistakenly think I mean them. If you're not sure, then I'm probably not talking about you.

hyperdulia again

well, i'm not sure and if you're talking about me and i'd like you to say so if you are. if you aren't i'm paranoid and defensive at the best of times, so eh.

Good Friday

It's not you... and even those who I was referring to, I hope they'll just ignore what I said. I'm not in a good frame of mind tonight.

A basic question that still needs to be answered is if a homosexual couple is a good or bad moral example to the children. From that answer further thougth and consideration can be built to develop an answer.

I think I'll start another thread/poll.