Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Confession does not work if he is not sorry. You cannot make him believe. You cannot save him. He must want all of this for himself. You might guilt him into going but that is a bandaid. The root is his beliefs and if he doubs all that then brother, parent, priest, Pope cannot make him believe . If he has doubts then dispel them. if you can. If he still doubts then pray for him to come back home. Tell him he can confide in you. Show utmost compassion because anything else will drive him away.

My uncle used to force me to go to Mass when I was younger. After I got my license and car I blew off Mass and the Church. From 1984 to 2001 I had gone to Mass 3 times. I never blamed the actions of my uncle because he was a good guy who only cared about me but I was turned off to the Church anyway. Of course now I see him as a literal Godsend but it took 17 years to realize that.

Good Luck and take care.

Edited by socalscout

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...