An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Catholic Vice President Under... Obama?

dUSt

[quote name='dUSt' post='1460948' date='Feb 14 2008, 02:30 AM']One positive side effect that might happen if this becomes a reality, the pope will publically condemn the VP of the United States' stance on abortion and strengthen the church's public perception as the true voice of Christ.[/quote]
He also would be out of my state..............

Rosemary's Goddaughter

[quote name='dUSt' post='1460948' date='Feb 13 2008, 11:30 AM']One positive side effect that might happen if this becomes a reality, the pope will publically condemn the VP of the United States' stance on abortion and strengthen the church's public perception as the true voice of Christ.[/quote]

See, the cynical side of me wonders if Papa B would do that, or if he'd follow the USCCB and fall silent on the issue. Will he be the Bishop that the world needs? Or will he cave to the whims of popular diplomacy?

Here's me prayin' it's the former.

A man is a hypocrite if he professes something as true while in fact believing the opposite.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='dUSt' post='1460134' date='Feb 12 2008, 02:15 PM']Unfortunately, he is only "personally pro-life", which he explains as being opposed to abortion but in favor of a women's right to choose. STUPID.[/quote]

(I am so sick of hearing this.)

Isn't that like being "personally opposed" to rape, but in "favor of" a man's right to choose?

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1462063' date='Feb 14 2008, 08:14 AM'](I am so sick of hearing this.)

Isn't that like being "personally opposed" to rape, but in "favor of" a man's right to choose?[/quote]
Yeah, or what JC Watts said about slavery. "I'm personally opposed to owning slaves, but if my neighbor wants to, that's his right."

CoffeeCatholic

I asked him in person once (when he was running for Gov of Virginia) what he would do about abortion, and other Crimes against life, and he said that it was a top priority for him. I don't know if his record says that, but I was a lone pro-lifer speaking up in a majority pro-choice room and scared shitless.

faithfulrock3r

[quote name='Spamity Calamity' post='1460189' date='Feb 12 2008, 06:39 PM']"Im personally opposed to issue X but I think the exact opposite should be promoted in public policy". Isn't that a hypocrite?[/quote]
not only that. if he says that he believes abortion is wrong, it means that he "believes" that abortion is murder. Thus, he supports a women's right to choose to murder her child. This is why the "personally against, publically for" approach is so fundamentally flawed.

Spamity Calamity

[quote name='CoffeeCatholic' post='1462463' date='Feb 14 2008, 03:58 PM']I asked him in person once (when he was running for Gov of Virginia) what he would do about abortion, and other Crimes against life, and he said that it was a top priority for him. I don't know if his record says that, but I was a lone pro-lifer speaking up in a majority pro-choice room and scared shitless.[/quote]

I admire your courage. :)

CoffeeCatholic

Thanks!

I was even wearing a prolife tee shirt amoung many of the women that I had marched with in the "March for Women's 'lives'" just 2 years before. They were all wearing pink feminst shirts promoting Kaine. there I was in an ALL tee shirt promoting life.