dUSt Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 I'm thinking it might be cool to have a group commitment to do something for Lent, so that we can all draw on eachother for support and discussion. This would be something you can participate in, in addition to your own personal sacrifices (I believe it's good to have some sacrifices or commitments that you keep to yourself, without anybody knowing, because I think it strengthens one's interior life, and a way we can be sure we're doing them for the right motives). So... In addition to your personal sacrifices, here's what I propose we can do as a group: - Fast on Ash Wednesday and every Friday during Lent (no food at all--only water) - Pray the rosary at least once every day - Attend a daily mass and/or adoration at least once every week I'm hoping that these are things that most everyone can do. I'll be doing these things in addition to some other things I'll be keeping to myself, and would like to get a commitment from as many phatmassers as possible that you'll do these things with me. God bless.
Jake Huether Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 I'm down homey. Count me in on all three.
crazycatholicgirl Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 It will be tough, but we can do it :cool:
Iacobus Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 I like the idea. I planed on doing all of that (but the rosary, I try but always forget so I dont always do that). But it is a grand idea.
cimlog Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 I am in. My health issues will not allow me to fast though. I will give up all meats on those days like most do. The other two... COUNT ME IN!
VeraMaria Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 don;t think i can get to adoration...parents won't take me But I will try to fast...(hope my parents don't notice...well...they will....hope they don't forbid me) ROSARY - COUNT ME IN! Maybe we can make a thread once we start to shar with each other how we do it. it'll be cool to feel connected to everyone else who is doing this!!!! :cool:
IXpenguin21 Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 i'm in!!! ::goes to get water bottle ready for the 25th!::
Ekilharas Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 (edited) I commit to, and will offer my daily Rosary for all at Phatmass especially those committed to these three things. And for the private things they have committed to also. The only thing I question and have a problem with is the water only fast. That is not a healthy thing for one with my phyiscal conditions, but I will fast, just not that completely. No one should be asked to jepardize their health. blessings and prayers, Nell Edited February 19, 2004 by Ekilharas
Lil Red Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 umm, i don't want to say what i'm doing. Just know that I will be with you guys (spiritually, if not physically)
Carrie Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 I cannot go to daily Mass because my work schedule doesn't coincide with the daily Mass schedule, but I will definitely committ to the other two!
Azriel Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 I can't fast because of nursing, but I'm in on the others.
the_rev Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 Can't go to mass because of school, but when we ever have a day off, I always go!!! Fasting sure can do, I started a thread with that idea! Rosary, You betcha! Take care and God Bless, REV
FaustinaVianney Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 I do 3.5/4 already, so count me in on the other half! How exciting to be a part of a phamily Lenten Sacrifice! :) :)
PatrickRitaMichael Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 what a good idea! i'll try my best and then ask God to help me the rest of the way :)
dUSt Posted February 19, 2004 Author Posted February 19, 2004 Cool. Thanks pham. Now that I've gotten y'all to commit, it'll help me live up to these commitments too!
Dave Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 I'll do it too, but instead of a water-only fast, why not a bread and water fast? I know the verdict is still out on Medjugorje, but Our Lady allegedly told the visionaries there that it's best to fast on bread and water.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now