sweens8403 Posted April 25, 2008 Posted April 25, 2008 Why do you think that a fetus doesn't have a soul until it passes the cervix? Once the sperm cell meets the egg the two combine and tada we have a complete human DNA strand which immediately begins the process of replication and mitosis. Seems pretty plain to me that this is the moment those "cells" become human. Please explain to me why anyone would think otherwise except in an attempt to soothe their conscience.
sweens8403 Posted April 25, 2008 Posted April 25, 2008 oh, my B. My comments were directed to Fidei on pg 1.
Aching Posted May 4, 2008 Posted May 4, 2008 This is the first election I'll actually be able to vote in, and I'm leaning Obama...mostly because McCain and Clinton have not impressed me in any way...but Obama, despite his inexperience, seems like a really genuine guy, which is more than I can say for the other two. >.> And I can't be a single-issue voter...you have to think about what's best for the country as a whole.
Justin86 Posted May 4, 2008 Posted May 4, 2008 [quote name='Aching' post='1517940' date='May 4 2008, 03:04 PM']This is the first election I'll actually be able to vote in, and I'm leaning Obama...mostly because McCain and Clinton have not impressed me in any way...but Obama, despite his inexperience, seems like a really genuine guy, which is more than I can say for the other two. >.> And I can't be a single-issue voter...you have to think about what's best for the country as a whole.[/quote]
Alycin Posted May 4, 2008 Posted May 4, 2008 [quote name='Aching' post='1517940' date='May 4 2008, 01:04 AM']This is the first election I'll actually be able to vote in, and I'm leaning Obama...mostly because McCain and Clinton have not impressed me in any way...but Obama, despite his inexperience, seems like a really genuine guy, which is more than I can say for the other two. >.> And I can't be a single-issue voter...you have to think about what's best for the country as a whole.[/quote] Hasn't anyone told you? You have to vote conservative. If it's between two conservatives, you have to vote the one that reminds you most of the dark ages. Otherwise, you burn in hell. (kidding, of course. I really hope this little "duh" statement isn't necessary but thought I'd put it, just to be safe.)
Didymus Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 [quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1509317' date='Apr 25 2008, 01:26 AM'][center] Partial Birth Abortion Ban [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/PBAsigning.jpg[/img][/center][/quote] less than one percent of the babies being killed. Let's wake up people. If these guys actually cared about the unborn they wouldn't just be fighting to illegalize abortion, they'd be working to get resources and help to the women in need. But no, they never try to actually assist these women in crisis, because that would mean "big government"... this is rediculous...
kujo Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 [quote name='Didymus' post='1519309' date='May 5 2008, 11:59 AM']less than one percent of the babies being killed. Let's wake up people. If these guys actually cared about the unborn they wouldn't just be fighting to illegalize abortion, they'd be working to get resources and help to the women in need. But no, they never try to actually assist these women in crisis, because that would mean "big government"... this is rediculous...[/quote] Got some good points in here, he does.
Archaeology cat Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 [quote name='Didymus' post='1519309' date='May 5 2008, 03:59 PM']less than one percent of the babies being killed. Let's wake up people. If these guys actually cared about the unborn they wouldn't just be fighting to illegalize abortion, they'd be working to get resources and help to the women in need. But no, they never try to actually assist these women in crisis, because that would mean "big government"... this is rediculous...[/quote] I agree that they can't just make it illegal and stop there. The factors leading a woman to have an abortion need to be examined and dealt with, as well.
Socrates Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Aching' post='1517940' date='May 4 2008, 12:04 AM']This is the first election I'll actually be able to vote in, and I'm leaning Obama...mostly because McCain and Clinton have not impressed me in any way...but Obama, despite his inexperience, seems like a really genuine guy, which is more than I can say for the other two. >.> And I can't be a single-issue voter...you have to think about what's best for the country as a whole.[/quote] If Obama's a "really genuine guy" then we oughta stay far away from him. Like the way he's genuinely supported abortion every step of the way, genuinely supports Planned Parenthood, genuinely supports more funding of abortion, genuinely voted for allowing "partial birth" abortion (infanticide), and as an Illinois state senator genuinely voted for infanticide by voting against the Protection of Infants Born Live Act, and the way he has genuinely promised to use the presidency to advance the immoral "gay rights" cause. I honestly don't see how anyone can support this creep and call himself "Catholic" with a straight face. Edited May 6, 2008 by Socrates
Socrates Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 [quote name='Alycin' post='1518037' date='May 4 2008, 04:34 AM']Hasn't anyone told you? You have to vote conservative. If it's between two conservatives, you have to vote the one that reminds you most of the dark ages. Otherwise, you burn in hell. (kidding, of course. I really hope this little "duh" statement isn't necessary but thought I'd put it, just to be safe.)[/quote] Hardy har har. You can return to the debate when you have something to say which actually has some bearing on the issues.
Socrates Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Didymus' post='1519309' date='May 5 2008, 09:59 AM']less than one percent of the babies being killed. Let's wake up people. If these guys actually cared about the unborn they wouldn't just be fighting to illegalize abortion, they'd be working to get resources and help to the women in need. But no, they never try to actually assist these women in crisis, because that would mean "big government"... this is rediculous...[/quote] I've known plenty of people who work hard to support women in crisis pregnancies, yet actively support pro-life candidates,and support making abortion illegal. But, oh well, we have our little socialista here to judge them for "not caring about the unborn." Stop spouting off about what you know nothing about. And before you make more asinine judgmental remarks, what have you, Didymus, done personally for the unborn or their mothers? Edited May 6, 2008 by Socrates
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now