An Old School Catholic Message Board

Join Over 124,000 People Who Want To Boycott

ironmonk

http://www.catholic.net/linksframe.phtml?l...RTICLE_ID=37051

Join over 124,000 people who want to boycott MTV advertisers...

Time to bring down the beast.

http://boycottmtv.net/TakePoll.aspx?pid=3

For years MTV has been sexually exploiting our children. The Super Bowl show, which contained Janet Jackson grabbing her breasts, Nelly repeatedly fondling his crotch, striptease cheerleaders, gyrating transvestites, simulated lesbian sex, a "performer" who wore the American Flag as a poncho, and Jackson and Justin Timberlake groping each other in addition to Jackson's exposed breast, was mild compared to other MTV programs.

MTV would not be able to exploit our children without the financial support provided by advertisers who finance this type of programming.

Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

MTV is horrible. I have tried to watch it before when 1st got cable. I never saw anything remdeeming on the network. Last year my friends had me watch "the Real Cancun" I nearly vomited. The film was a bunch of 20 somethings get drunk and having sex. WOW. Really want to promit that to teens. Their network is not much better either. So what if they move 6 videos to the 10pm to 6 circut. Why are they being aired in the 1st place.

Lol. I'm actually watching TRL right now while reading this, but you're right - they need to either cool down or become a specialty station like HBO or at least not show certain stuff until after 10pm. If you really want to bring down the beast you should be protesting Viacom, which owns CBS, MTV, BET, Comedy Central, and almost all the other stations too - all of which can be a little bit vulgar and very anti-Catholic.

don't get me started on MTV...

i think it's one of the sickest things u can find.

most of the time at least.

especially sick because it targets teens.

some of my friends watch it, and so do their younger iblings.

5 and 6 year olds watching MTV and being told it's what is "cool"

argh :angry::angry::(:(

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Anybody ever try turning the TV off?

Pauses....

Ponders Idea of turning T.V. off....

Glares at T.V. for a moment or two....

Cautously paces towards it...

Stretching arm out...

Anticipates pressing 'Power' button...

Almost...

Oh....My...Goodness...

Turns T.V. off...

Still in one piece...hmmm.

Yeh, some times I forget that MTV stands for "Music television." All they have had for years is shows like, the Real World and Undressed. Neither of those were very good at promoting morals in teens, the traget viewers.

PatrickRitaMichael

I'd protest if I got MTV but we stopped getting cable when I was in 2nd grade and my parents saw a scandalous (looked like an orgy) music video on MTV back when they actually had music videos on the channel. I know what they program, though, and I'm sooo glad that I don't watch that stuff b/c it just brings my spirit down so low to see people hurting themselves (and all for higher ratings) in so many ways. I wonder why no one ever thought to boycott MTV before?