An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going To Tehachapi

irishdancer

irishdancer

Hi everyone. I finally got up enough nerve to contact the community. They have a retreat house next to the convent where I'll be staying for a few weeks. It looks like late May through June right now. Please pray for me.

irish

irishdancer

[quote name='praying4carmel' post='1473744' date='Mar 7 2008, 05:35 PM']This is the Norbertine Community??

How wonderful! I will definitely pray for you![/quote]

Yes. It turns out that I'm free to go a couple months earlier than planned and Mother Mary Augustine said to come. I don't know much more yet. Updates to come. :dancer2:

irish

• 2 weeks later...
irishdancer

Update from me. I'm back in the States and will be visiting the Norbertine Nuns from June 2-the July 4th holiday. I stopped off to see my family and they are a little bemused but rather positive on the whole. Mom is a Secular Carmelite and that helps.

I'm very grateful to you all. I'd never heard of the Norbertines and really had seen nothing that seemed like "my monastery" until I saw the post here.

I'll be spending the triduum in retreat at my Spiritual Director's priory. You are all in my prayers. Please pray for me.

Michaela

Edited by irishdancer

AccountDeleted

[quote name='irishdancer' post='1479385' date='Mar 18 2008, 01:50 PM']Update from me. I'm back in the States and will be visiting the Norbertine Nuns from June 2-the July 4th holiday. I stopped off to see my family and they are a little bemused but rather positive on the whole. Mom is a Secular Carmelite and that helps.

I'm very grateful to you all. I'd never heard of the Norbertines and really had seen nothing that seemed like "my monastery" until I saw the post here.

I'll be spending the triduum in retreat at my Spiritual Director's priory. You are all in my prayers. Please pray for me.

Michaela[/quote]

Has anyone put up this link yet? It is a blog by a priest who said Mass there

[url="http://catholic-orangemen.blogspot.com/2007/08/norbertine-sisters-in-tehachapi.html"]BLOG ABOUT NORBERTINE NUNS[/url]

and I'm sure this one has been up before, but here it is again

[url="http://www.bakersfield.net/photography/slideshows/nuns/"]SLIDESHOW OF NUNS[/url]

I think this is a beautiful community.

Edited by nunsense

irishdancer

My dad sent me this link. [url="http://www.stmarysgvl.org/ourparish/2007-second-sunday-of-the-year"]St. Mary's[/url]

He said that after reading it he had "no problem picturing you along side the implacable novice." What I liked is thinking of all of us, good women and good men, who can become what we are meant to be. I hope this makes sense. Please pray for my sister, she's pretty upset about the whole thing.

Michaela

Edited by irishdancer

Chiquitunga

Hey Michaela! That's so great you're visiting this community!

And that's so neat, you Irish dance! I used to take Irish dance and I really loved it :j And I noticed in the Check-in thread, you're on tour with Riverdance!? That's so awesome!! I love Riverdance!

Prayers for you and your sister! :pray:

Edited by Margaret Clare

A Yearning Heart

Thats Great news Irish!
Prayers that this is where God is calling you and for your sister as well.

• 5 weeks later...
irishdancer

Hi again. Time for another update.

I will spend Sat. and Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend with my family and then take my Dad's Cherokee (He gets my VW Bug while I'm away.) to drive to the Monastery. It's a beautiful drive from the Whidbey Island --parent's home-- to California. I'm giving myself a couple extra days as I'm not due to arrive until June 2.

I tried the work jumper on and didn't recognize myself. My BFF Tabetha said I looked like a sixth or seventh grader in uniform. No make-up, no earrings, and hair in a braid.

I have no obligations other than my folks' anniversary party and so am free to discern. Please keep me in your prayers. The next few weeks are not without challenges. Some gentle goodbyes to be said to colleagues and mentors who can not be expected to understand; but the relationships we share merits the truth of why I'm going in another direction. ALso I am dropping Alley Khat (my heart) off with my parents. She thinks it's a visit but it's for good.

Happy spring to all!!

Michaela

DiscerningSoul

[quote name='irishdancer' post='1511710' date='Apr 27 2008, 04:37 PM']Hi again. Time for another update.

I will spend Sat. and Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend with my family and then take my Dad's Cherokee (He gets my VW Bug while I'm away.) to drive to the Monastery. It's a beautiful drive from the Whidbey Island --parent's home-- to California. I'm giving myself a couple extra days as I'm not due to arrive until June 2.

I tried the work jumper on and didn't recognize myself. My BFF Tabetha said I looked like a sixth or seventh grader in uniform. No make-up, no earrings, and hair in a braid.

I have no obligations other than my folks' anniversary party and so am free to discern. Please keep me in your prayers. The next few weeks are not without challenges. Some gentle goodbyes to be said to colleagues and mentors who can not be expected to understand; but the relationships we share merits the truth of why I'm going in another direction. ALso I am dropping Alley Khat (my heart) off with my parents. She thinks it's a visit but it's for good.

Happy spring to all!!

Michaela[/quote]

Good luck and you will be in my prayers!

Jessica

praying4carmel

I am so Happy for you!
Please know that you are in my continued prayers and may the Lord Bless you richly!

Peace and safe travels!
Nancy

littlesister

Prayers and Irish blessings from another step dancer. It will be dearly missed, but wait 'til you see how helpful that ability to focus is. Now your heart will dance instead of your feet!

the lords sheep

Wow! Sounds really great!
Now, will this "visit" pour right over into postulancy? How is your sister doing?

You're in our prayers!
Lauren

irishdancer

[quote name='littlesister' post='1513673' date='Apr 29 2008, 12:15 AM']Prayers and Irish blessings from another step dancer. It will be dearly missed, but wait 'til you see how helpful that ability to focus is. Now your heart will dance instead of your feet![/quote]

Dear, very dear, Sister. Thank you for your understanding. It is a gift for my heart.

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1514074' date='Apr 29 2008, 02:19 PM']Wow! Sounds really great!
Now, will this "visit" pour right over into postulancy? How is your sister doing?

You're in our prayers!
Lauren[/quote]

In August it will be time for my family and other business. If all goes well, I will ask to return in the Fall. My sister is struggling. We will have time together at the family reunion in August. Please keep us all in your prayers.

gratefully,

Michaela