An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going To Tehachapi

irishdancer

irishdancer

Hi again,

I'm in the midst of packing and cleaning. My friend who is helping me with this chaos told me to take a break and so--here I am. On Thursday I'll drive to my folks for a few days. On Sunday I'll begin my pilgrimage to Bethlehem Priory. I'm fortunate to be able to drive and stop as it seems good. I hope the trip will be a time of listening and letting go, a time for counting blessings and being grateful. You're all in my prayers.

Please pray for

Michaela

Chiquitunga

That's wonderful, irishdancer!! They look so beautiful! Have a great discernment retreat there! God bless! :pray:

irishdancer

Hi friends

I'm posting from my folks' back porch while my Dad barbecues every form of meat known to humankind. Somehow I'd not mentioned before that the Sisters don't eat meat and when Mom found out on Thursday, she must have bought out the store. I'm not complaining. Not only will I have the most wonderful leftovers for my trip, I get to eat with my fingers today.
:)

The dogs and cats are going berserk over the smell and Mom keeps telling Dad not to feed them but of course he is. I keep feeling happy and embarassed and choked up all at the same time. It's very humbling to see how much they love me. And trust me, I was not an easy kid.

ANyways, please pray for Catherine and Mick. This is bittersweet for them.

Tomorrow after Mass I'll leave the Island and spend a day in Seattle. Not going to drive much on Monday as I want to avoid the holiday traffic. Dad's car has ONSTAR so I feel confident about directions. I plan to drive 200-250 miles a day. Hoping to have to have a couple extra days in California before I go to the Monastery.

Mother tells me that there are lots of new babies (animal) and I am so looking forward to helping care for them.
I'll be posting along the way (and checking in with my folks and the Sisters as they all want to know where I am :rolleyes: ) More from me once I hit the road. I'm praying especially for my fellow discerners who are also making visits this summer. Please pray for me.

and happy Feast of Corpus Christi!!

Michaela

[quote name='irishdancer' post='1540402' date='May 24 2008, 02:59 PM']The dogs and cats are going berserk over the smell and Mom keeps telling Dad not to feed them but of course he is.[/quote]

Sounds like my parents. :lol_roll:

Prayers, Michaela.

irishdancer

Hi ,

Just drove in to Mt. Shasta, CA. It's wet but beautiful! I am enjoying my last few days in tee shirts and jeans.:lol_roll:

Please keep praying for me.

love and prayers,

Michaela

VeniteAdoremus

Oh, Michaela, I hope you get to read this :) (Couldn't post while in the convent...)

I'll pray for you, please pray for me! :)

Thomist-in-Training

[quote]I'm praying especially for my fellow discerners who are also making visits this summer. Please pray for me.[/quote]

Check and check!