Vincent Vega Posted April 13, 2008 Posted April 13, 2008 Like heck I would. Or if I did, I'd make them address me as "Lieutenant Colonel - Commander of Flying Monkeys, 142nd Regiment", because I'm as much that as they are 'priestesses'. And ain't no way I'm adressing them as mother. I'll address three people that way - my mom, my spiritual mother, and any female leader of a religious community. I respect those three (even abbesses I have never met) exponentially more than I ever will these women.
cmotherofpirl Posted April 13, 2008 Posted April 13, 2008 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1498461' date='Apr 13 2008, 12:29 PM']Like heck I would. Or if I did, I'd make them address me as "Lieutenant Colonel - Commander of Flying Monkeys, 142nd Regiment", because I'm as much that as they are 'priestesses'. And ain't no way I'm adressing them as mother. I'll address three people that way - my mom, my spiritual mother, and any female leader of a religious community. I respect those three (even abbesses I have never met) exponentially more than I ever will these women.[/quote] yep, that about covers it.
Nunsense Posted April 13, 2008 Posted April 13, 2008 (edited) What I don't understand is why people like these women want to belong to a Church whose rules they can't follow? At least King Henry VIII was honest enough to realize that he didn't want to obey, so he left and started his own church. Now no one wants people to leave the church -- but really -- it is kind of like playing a game of tennis (or gold or anything) and using illegal raquets and balls and hitting outside the line but calling it in, etc. well, you get the point. Everything in life has rules and regulations, and our Holy Father Pope Benedict is the final say on rules for the Catholic Church - it just isn't open to debate! And they just aren't Catholics anymore if they are going to defy Catholic authority like this. It is sad because the congregation who support these women are missing out on the Real Presence of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. What these women do is similar to what the Anglicans and Episcopalians do - they have a form of communion - but it isn't receiving the Blessed Sacrament! And that is sad. Let's all pray and pray for these people. Edited April 13, 2008 by nunsense
Legend Chaser Posted April 13, 2008 Posted April 13, 2008 Okay. -_- People do not become priests because they want to or because a Bishop says they can. People become priests because God calls them to it. Why are women not priests? God doesn't call them. God has other things in mind for them.
The Bus Station Posted April 13, 2008 Posted April 13, 2008 Another reason I think we may be in the end times.
Archaeology cat Posted April 13, 2008 Posted April 13, 2008 (edited) I was thinking about this today. I'm trying to make myself remember to pray for all involved, but it's hard sometimes. Edited April 13, 2008 by Archaeology cat
mortify Posted April 14, 2008 Author Posted April 14, 2008 [quote name='nunsense' post='1498467' date='Apr 13 2008, 11:06 AM']What I don't understand is why people like these women want to belong to a Church whose rules they can't follow?[/quote] They don't believe in a supernatural Church, they believe in a social institution that can be molded as people see fit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now