An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dta's Randomocity Thread

Deus te Amat

:paperbag: I need a nap. I ate white castles and onion chuncks at noon today and my stomach is kind of ticked off. Yes, all
these hours later. I had forgotten their effects.

Deus te Amat

Yay for gyms! I'm now up to running six minutes straight, walk one minute, repeat for a half hour. I feel good. :like:

• 2 weeks later...
Deus te Amat

1) The Youcat is AMESOME. An amazing lady from my home parish bought it for me... I'm going to have to do the same for someone else. The thing is friggin sweet!
2) I'm about to start packing again. For senior year. :shocking: Where did the time go?
3) My dog has a tick on her head, poor thing.

Edited by Deus_te_Amat

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1313181332' post='2286610']
1) The Youcat is AMESOME. An amazing lady from my home parish bought it for me... I'm going to have to do the same for someone else. The thing is friggin sweet!
[/quote]

I need to get one. I've only had a short time to look, is it really that amesome? Cause if so :woot:

Deus te Amat

Well, I've read the actual Catechism, and this is a dumbed-down version, but I find it useful for quick, easy to understand refreshers. But I'm a college senior that has had her fair share of Theology/Philosophy classes at a great Catholic institution. I've spent years trying to learn the things it presents. This thing would have been AMAZING to have when I was in high school. The layout is dynamic, and it catches and holds your interest. I want to read it cover to cover, regardless of the redundancy. Papa Benny is AMESOME.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1313193578' post='2286709']
Well, I've read the actual Catechism, and this is a dumbed-down version, but I find it useful for quick, easy to understand refreshers. But I'm a college senior that has had her fair share of Theology/Philosophy classes at a great Catholic institution. I've spent years trying to learn the things it presents. This thing would have been AMAZING to have when I was in high school. The layout is dynamic, and it catches and holds your interest. I want to read it cover to cover, regardless of the redundancy. Papa Benny is AMESOME.
[/quote]

Ah ok, I'm about to head off for 4 years of pretty intense theology (hopefully, i mean, it is my major). Yeah this would have been amesome earlier in high school (although it's pretty amesome from what I've seen now!) Everybody I've talked to about it raves about it.

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1313181332' post='2286610']2) I'm about to start packing again. For senior year. :shocking: Where did the time go
[/quote]

:bananarap:

Deus te Amat

I know, right?

Last night, I dreamt that I was water skiing underground. Well, the lake was above ground, but the boat started in an underground chamber that moved up to the lake though a hole in the floor. I am not quite sure what to make of that. :unsure:

Maximilianus

A[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1313268830' post='2287132']
I know, right?

Last night, I dreamt that I was water skiing underground. Well, the lake was above ground, but the boat started in an underground chamber that moved up to the lake though a hole in the floor. I am not quite sure what to make of that. :unsure:
[/quote]

The origins of a new water sport. submarine skiing

MissScripture

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1313269085' post='2287136']
A

The origins of a new water sport. submarine skiing
[/quote]
That's basically what I did the one and only time I tried water skiing...well, the boat wasn't underwater, but I was. And I had on these stupid "training" skis, and my rope was attached to the skis, and so letting go of it didn't do anything, and my dad let my Grandpa drive about 100 yards before telling him that it didn't look like I was going to get out of the water. <_< And then they tried to convince me to do it again. HA!