An Old School Catholic Message Board

Looking For Church Document

Lil Red

Laudate_Dominum

If you are anywhere near Notre Dame you could check out their archives.

[i]National Federation of Priests' Councils Records (FPC), University of Notre Dame Archives (UNDA), Notre Dame, IN 46556[/i]

FPC 007

CFPC 14/17 Folder : Due Process- DC Case
CFPC 14/17 { : Material includes: correspondence; newspaper clippings; index of the Acts.
CFPC 14/18 Folder : [Due Process]: "Washington 19" Case [1968-1971]
CFPC 14/18 { : Material includes: correspondence; reports; newspaper articles; news releases concerning the Washington priests suspended by Patrick O'Boyle for their interpretation of the "Humanae Vitae."
CFPC 14/19 Folder : [Due Process]: "Washington 19" Case [1968-1971]
CFPC 14/19 { : Material includes: correspondence, reports, newspaper articles, news releases concerning the Washington priests suspended by Patrick O'Boyle for their interpretation of the "Humanae Vitae."
CFPC 14/20 Folder : [Due Process]: "Washington 19" Case [1968-1971]
CFPC 14/20 { : Material includes: correspondence, reports, newspaper articles, news releases concerning the Washington priests suspended by Patrick O'Boyle for their interpretation of the "Humanae Vitae."
CFPC 14/21 Folder : [Due Process]: Washington Case Supplementary Material
CFPC 14/21 { : Submitted to the Sacred Congregation for the Clergy Material includes: correspondence principally with Raymond E. Goedert, Joseph Byron, Patrick O'Boyle; meeting between O'Boyle and Byron; reaffirmation of the mandates of Byron.
CFPC 14/22 Folder : [Due Process]: "Washington 19" Newspaper Clippings
CFPC 14/22 { : Material includes: newspaper clippings.

Laudate_Dominum

I found the document you're looking for in my book collection. It is from the Sacred Congregation for the Clergy, it is dated April 26, 1971, and the title is simply [i]The Washington Case[/i]. It is only about six pages long so I could probably type it out at some point if you'd like.

It was published in English with an Italian translation:
[i]Enchiridion Vaticanum[/i] 4, n. 678-706, Edizioni Dehoniane, Bologna, Italia.

Laudate_Dominum

It is also published in The Vatican Collection: [i]Vatican Council II[/i], Volume II, Austin Flannery, OP (editor), 1982. This text is pretty easy to come by, [url="http://www.amazon.com/Vatican-Council-II-Collection-V/dp/0918344166"]here it is on Amazon[/url]. The document in question starts on page 417. Any Catholic library would have this volume and you could probably find it at a decent public library.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1521516' date='May 7 2008, 04:44 PM']+J.M.J.+
raph, any word?[/quote]
I'm sorry, she hasn't responded, and I dare not push too hard. You'd agree if you knew her.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1539698' date='May 24 2008, 02:15 AM']I found the document you're looking for in my book collection. It is from the Sacred Congregation for the Clergy, it is dated April 26, 1971, and the title is simply [i]The Washington Case[/i]. It is only about six pages long so I could probably type it out at some point if you'd like.

[i]Enchiridion Vaticanum[/i] 4, n. 678-706, Edizioni Dehoniane, Bologna, Italia.[/quote]
You are SUCH a nerd...

Brother Adam

[quote name='Raphael' post='1539785' date='May 24 2008, 12:25 PM']I'm sorry, she hasn't responded, and I dare not push too hard. You'd agree if you knew her.[/quote]

She scares me.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Raphael' post='1539786' date='May 24 2008, 08:26 AM']You are SUCH a nerd...[/quote]
:shock:

:P

They really ought to put all of such things online for us poorer scholars. Newman U in Wichita does not I believe have it.

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1539698' date='May 24 2008, 12:15 AM']I found the document you're looking for in my book collection. It is from the Sacred Congregation for the Clergy, it is dated April 26, 1971, and the title is simply [i]The Washington Case[/i]. It is only about six pages long so I could probably type it out at some point if you'd like.

[i]Enchiridion Vaticanum[/i] 4, n. 678-706, Edizioni Dehoniane, Bologna, Italia.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
would you mind typing it out? i can't find it anywhere.