An Old School Catholic Message Board

President Protecting Sanctity Of Marriage

Lounge Daddy

“If we are to prevent the meaning of marriage from changing forever we must“ pass a constitutional amendment, Bush said from the Roosevelt Room at the White House

that's so right. if a judge in a particular state can say that marriage is one thing just because a small voice says it is, then what's to stop another small voice from changing it even more?

besides the fact that a LARGER voice has good reason for leaving things the way they are!

amesome job. pray that this amendment is taken seriously by congress.

"After more than two centuries of American jurisprudence and millennia of human experience, a few judges and local authorities are presuming to change the most fundamental institution of civilization," the president said in urging Congress to approve such an amendment. "Their action has created confusion on an issue that requires clarity."

YAY! I'm so glad he's taking a stand. It's a gift from God. :cool:

I think that's amesome.

One of the members of my government just affirmed that abortion and homosexuality are "Canadian Values".

I just about puked.

God bless President Bush, God bless America and God TAKE AMERICA BACK!

arise Oh Lord and let Thine enemies be scatter. and let those that hate Thee flee from before Thy Face.

i wrote to my senators to preserve marriage :):cool: i should right to all the congressppl.... hehehe

i wrote to my senators to preserve marriage :):cool: i should right to all the congressppl.... hehehe

do it! btw, how did that go when you handed it in?

and think about this Bible verse in regards to gay rights:

Matthew 5:43-48—"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

love for our gay brothers and sisters requires us to seek what is best for them, not materially best for them with economic stuff and all that, but what is truly best for their souls, and as we know homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered it would be uncharitable of us to make priveledges for relationships fostering those actions.

Ash Wednesday

Nothing personal against anyone with homosexual inclination but I agree with the president. Man and woman complement each other as nature intended.

Ted Kennedy is an absolute crook and an abomination. I don't say that often but I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade.

love for our gay brothers and sisters requires us to seek what is best for them, not materially best for them with economic stuff and all that, but what is truly best for their souls, and as we know homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered it would be uncharitable of us to make priveledges for relationships fostering those actions.

should we make another amendment to the constitution that makes divorce illegal ?

divorce and gay marriages is not the same.

The family is being attacked, and no longer can we oppose “gay marriages” without being labeled “prejudice or bigots.” The point is, marriage is for pro-creation and therefore, life is created when a man and a woman are open to new life. Each individual person has inviolable dignity and the act through which such human beings are brought about ought to be treated in a way to commensurate with that dignity. If a couple wishes to marry, the dignity of everyone must be upheld and therefore must be open to pro-creation. It is worth to note that contraception, along with abortion, are both closed to pro-creation and the responsibility the conjugal act consists of. A homosexual act is against nature, therefore closing the door of pro-creation. Homosexual couples are unable to give that fullness of the self that includes the capacity to procreate. As Humanae Vitae teaches: “There is unbreakable connection between the unitive meaning and the procreative meaning, and both are inherent in the conjugal act. And if both essential meanings are preserved, that of union and procreation, the conjugal act fully maintains its capacity for true mutual love and its ordination to the highest mission of parenthood, to which man is called.” To say that divorce is going up, and gays are pressing to wed doesn’t make it valid that there should be homosexual “weddings”. By that logic, would we have to be homosexual to stay married? Mark Lowery, Ph.D, wrote an article fully explaining why marriage is defined between a man and a woman in his article “The Knot that Can’t be Tied” in the Nov/Dec 1996 Envoy Magazine issue. He explains that numerous heterosexuals lead lives just as homosexuals. But the central reason that heterosexual relationships that allow abortion and/or contraception fall apart and homosexual relationships fall apart is precisely because the conjugal act is turned into a different act: the generative faculties are used in a way contrary to their natural inextricably connected ends of unity/procreativity. That is Natural Law. The objective nature of marriage must remain for heterosexuals in order for the dignity of the human person to remain fully in place. Homosexual acts (as well as contraceptive acts) use the generative facilities in a way that denies their unitive power precisely because the procreative power is denied. You cannot give the whole self to the other if you intentionally withhold your fertility. A homosexual person has every right to be respected,, but many articles on Bush still continued to fall apart at thier claim that, “A third wheel like Bush and an anti-gay Constitutional Amendment shouldn’t define who has the right to tie the knot.” By that logic, who would regulate a father marrying his daughter, or molesting her? Who would regulate incest and other horrors if marriage cannot be regulated by the government? No, marriage must be protected and kept sacred. Homosexuals must be respected, but let’s not confuse “equal rights” by tarnishing what is sacred. Kerry is also for abortion. I don’t see why everybody is not jumping to defend the rights of the unborn, where the baby is murdered in the womb. Where are the equal rights for the unborn? and yes, I will take this back to the abortion issue because it's all an attack on the family. Besides, why do so many compare the worst heterosexual relationship with the best homosexual relationship?

beside smeagol, Aragorn is the King that Returns. :P