apparent Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 For allowing his daughter to [mod]edited link because of mature content - Lil Red[/mod] pose topless for Vanity Fair magazine. Well, let's be fair. You couldn't see any "naughty bits", but as Mike Church said on his radio show, "they 'bedroomed her up'". Her father was with her on the shoot, and could be seen in some of the photos. What was he thinking? What dad in his right mind would allow his 15 year old daughter to be publicly sexualized in this way?
Adrestia Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 [quote name='apparent' post='1515557' date='Apr 30 2008, 08:50 PM']For allowing his daughter to [mod]edited link because of mature content - Lil Red[/mod] pose topless for Vanity Fair magazine. Well, let's be fair. You couldn't see any "naughty bits", but as Mike Church said on his radio show, "they 'bedroomed her up'". Her father was with her on the shoot, and could be seen in some of the photos. What was he thinking? What dad in his right mind would allow his 15 year old daughter to be publicly sexualized in this way?[/quote]He left the set before the topless shots were taken.
CatherineM Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 I would not have left my 15 year old daughter alone with a photographer.
CrossCuT Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 [size=1]I work at a daycare, and there are alot of little girls who looked up to her. Now they all think she is the next Britney Spears. But I saw Miley on the American Idol Gives Back show, and I was shocked. I couldnt believe such a little girl could dance so provocatively. Her song 'See You Again' is really cute, but when she performed on stage, it took a whole new meaning. [/size]
prose Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1515592' date='Apr 30 2008, 09:42 PM']I would not have left my 15 year old daughter alone with a photographer.[/quote] They claim her grandmother was there. I dunno. Still too weird.
CatherineM Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 She may be the next Britney Spears, and that should scare her parents. I'm trying to visualize my grandmother standing there while someone was taking topless pictures of me, and I'm seeing a lot of bloodshed.
Kitty Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 The picture is actually very well done but considering her age I don't think it is appropriate.
Justin86 Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 [quote name='Kitty' post='1515674' date='May 1 2008, 02:51 PM']The picture is actually very well done but considering her age I don't think it is appropriate.[/quote] You looked at the photo? Creep.
ardillacid Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1515709' date='May 1 2008, 03:20 AM']You looked at the photo? Creep.[/quote] It's right in the link dude.
Justin86 Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 [quote name='notardillacid' post='1515745' date='May 1 2008, 09:19 PM']It's right in the link dude.[/quote] Oh.... Um, um, um...........
ardillacid Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1515747' date='May 1 2008, 07:22 AM']Oh.... Um, um, um...........[/quote] PERVERT! How dare you look at photos of a topless minor!!!
knightec Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 Why isn't the photographer taking more heat for this picture? I know she is real famous and she likes to take some real edgy photos but doesn't this one border on child porn. If a male photographer took this kind of picture he would probably end up in jail. As the parent of 2 girls I would be extremely upset if someone asked my daughters to pose like that.
kujo Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 To be fair, the image is not as sexually-charged as people are thinking. Yeah, it's inappropriate, but you aren't seeing anything more than you'd see if some creeper took some photos of her at the beach or something. I think the thing that creeps me out are the shots of the 2 of them. I know they're close but the shots are just...uncomfortable. They shouldn't be THAT close...it's just bizarre!
soccer girl =D Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 i didnt think the pics of her in vanity fair or on her myspace were that bad....she had a sheet or something over her.
prose Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 (edited) Interestingly, most people will now recognize her as "Miley Cyrus" and not Hanna Montana. Potentially a very good career move. Here is the other one if people are interested: [img]http://gothamist.com/attachments/jen/2008_04_mileybilly.jpg[/img] Edited May 1, 2008 by prose
soccer girl =D Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 i think she wants people to reconize her as "grown out of the Hannah Montana" faze now and i guess by posting these pix she fells grown up. idk thats what somebody said. i wouldn't mind being hannah montana. lol ps- that pic above is kinda weird on billy rays part.
littleflower+JMJ Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 People already know her as Miley Cyrus from her debut album shes been touring and getting tons of radio play on, not to mention all the events she's been hosting and guest starring on where they never once mention Hannah Montana so it wasn't needed to get everyone to ignore HM. I think this move in particular is career damaging and she could be ruining it just as it was getting good. I don't see this as a problem but I keep wondering what is it going to be next time? Maybe something not so understandable. Her main audience are tweens and little girls and she really lacks the older audience because no one older is a huge, money-spending fan like the little ones are (remember her best of both worlds tour? lol) I think as an artist she can't really mature or even try to "crossover" until shes at least 18 because shes still a young girl herself and is barely what...15? 16? lol. At least wait until your current fans get to fifth grade please! Which I also have to agree with CrossCut, her dancing is provocative at times and that annoys me because every little girl is watching how she dances and is copying it. But the most I am wary of is Billy Ray Cyrus from what I've seen in the interviews and I've seen of him, he always answers "She has a good head on her shoulders and I trust her to make good decisions." Yeah maybe in [i]little[/i] decisions, but that doesn't mean you take a hike or your on vacation! Parenting is not a spectator sport. She still needs you to be a [b]PARENT[/b] because kids are just that kids...and like this photo shoot sometimes she doesn't know any better or have anyone around to say no [i]for[/i] her or think ahead into the future and what awkward situation they put her in because reallly everyone is using her for their better gain (which is no surprise its hollywood). I agree that photographer should be getting alot more heat because the last thing we need to sexualize children more and everything she thought of doing was way in advance. Lots of case workers are saying this is not helping their cause when something mainstream is selling stuff like this because they have to fight this everyday. But then again, what the heck is she even doing Vanity Fair for? Thats kind of asking for it too. I hope she realizes she can't be as crazy as she wants to be because how many times can you say your sorry or your embarrassed before it starts saying alot about you then the people who you find yourself being victimized by.
Malachi Crunch Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 First off, the photo was forced on me on an internet news site, and I didn't really want to see the photo but the media gets so frenzied sometimes that they feel they have no choice but to print it. Anyay, she still looks like a child in her facial features and to see her sexualized in the photo (clearly the intention of photgrapher Annie Liebovits) is very upsetting. Miley felt bad about the photo in retrospect, but the sad thing is that many in Hollywood are praising Miley for it and cheering her on. "You go girl!" and "girl empowerment" are the themes many stick to in this crowd. Sally Field even commented that her grand kids are big fans and think it's great. This is the slippery slope that will start Miley's sad decline to a more taudry, confusing and sinful life as she gets older. Father and daughter are more interested in fame and brand promotion rather than leading an exemplary life. No one is going to say "No" to her, which is exactly what happened to Brittany years ago. Her next step will probably be to publicly lash out against dad.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now