Lil Red Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 [quote name='notardillacid' post='1519523' date='May 5 2008, 12:46 PM']With respect to[/quote] +J.M.J.+ thanks
kujo Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1519536' date='May 5 2008, 04:00 PM']Well, no Kujo, I wasn't telling you that because it wasn't the topic, but since you asked...no, I was NOT "flirting around with the boys when I was 15, 16 years old".[/quote] Hmm...well, I wish my sisters were as self-controlled as you were. [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1519536' date='May 5 2008, 04:00 PM']She's not mature, that was my point. She thinks she's grown up but she's not. When we were her age growing up in the South, we KNEW we were not mature or grown, becuase the adults around us let us know it. We were raised to know who were the grown-ups and who were the children.[/quote] How do you know she's not mature? How can we know? [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1519536' date='May 5 2008, 04:00 PM']You apparently missed the scandal of the OTHER photos of MC that were circulating on the net before the VF thing broke. They involved MC in her underwear. Her dad has plenty to worry about.[/quote] No, I saw them. My sister Katie forwarded them my way. Those were a lot more questionable than this one.
Madame Vengier Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1519544' date='May 5 2008, 02:05 PM']Hmm...well, I wish my sisters were as self-controlled as you were. How do you know she's not mature? How can we know? No, I saw them. My sister Katie forwarded them my way. Those were a lot more questionable than this one.[/quote] I have an old-fashioned southern daddy born and raised in the mountains of the Carolinas--that's why I had self-control! I wanted to stay alive!
StColette Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1519544' date='May 5 2008, 03:05 PM']How do you know she's not mature? How can we know?[/quote] Mature, possibly on some things, but she is still under the care of her parents and is still by law considered a minor as well as a child. Maturity is based upon one's actions. And based upon the one she made with these pictures, even if she may have been persuaded to take them, if she had been a "mature adult" she would have had the nerve to say no in the face of temptation and persuasion, even though this is difficult. I mean I hope she would have said no if the photographer had asked her to jump off a bridge. No matter how mature she is or thinks she is. She is still a child and has a right to be a child.
Madame Vengier Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1519540' date='May 5 2008, 02:03 PM']+J.M.J.+ i used to watch Grey's. Boston Legal i cannot stand because of whatshisface (spader?), and i'm not a fan of shatner. perhaps it is. i pray it is so. but then again, i didn't need to watch such shows with my parents to know what their feelings were on certain subjects. and what was wrong and right.[/quote] Spader's character is gross. He is totally and completely morally corrupt. But here's what I like: He knows it. He admits it. And he knows it has made him a lonely, miserable man and he desperately needs to change. I love that he is a real person and he is not written in a way that glamorizes immorality. It shows what moral corruption does to a person and how lonely it makes a person. And actually, he does have some soft spots. He truly loves to help people especially those whom no one else will help. He's very much a friend of the lowly and the downtrodden.
Lil Red Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1519560' date='May 5 2008, 01:20 PM']Spader's character is gross. He is totally and completely morally corrupt. But here's what I like: He knows it. He admits it. And he knows it has made him a lonely, miserable man and he desperately needs to change. I love that he is a real person and he is not written in a way that glamorizes immorality. It shows what moral corruption does to a person and how lonely it makes a person. And actually, he does have some soft spots. He truly loves to help people especially those whom no one else will help. He's very much a friend of the lowly and the downtrodden.[/quote] +J.M.J.+ i meant that i can't stand the guy as an actor, which in turn, makes me not like any character he plays, however redeeming the qualities of the character.
Madame Vengier Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1519561' date='May 5 2008, 02:21 PM']+J.M.J.+ i meant that i can't stand the guy as an actor, which in turn, makes me not like any character he plays, however redeeming the qualities of the character. [/quote] Ohhhhhh, I see. Well, it doesn't help that he ALWAYS plays deviants. I don't follow Spader--like, I'm not a "fan"--but I did read some interview or something not long ago and apparently in real life he is the kindest, most gentle man. He likes to stay home with his kids and work on his farm. Or something like that. I don't remember the details. But he's not like his characters. I just luurrrrrrrrrrve Shatner as Denny Crane.
kujo Posted May 5, 2008 Posted May 5, 2008 (edited) [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1519529' date='May 5 2008, 03:54 PM']Speaking of Grey's....by chance I happened to surf across it just a couple nights ago. This was the first time I ever laid eyes on it. I'm not much of a TV watcher but I love Lost, Boston Legal (has a lot adult topics but also some very timely current events topics, very intelligent, with extremely well-written characters...and William Shatner is genius on that show!) and CSI...anyway, I watched Grey's for about 15 mins to see what all the noise was about. Couldn't understand a thing.[/quote] [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1519560' date='May 5 2008, 04:20 PM']Spader's character is gross. He is totally and completely morally corrupt. But here's what I like: He knows it. He admits it. And he knows it has made him a lonely, miserable man and he desperately needs to change. I love that he is a real person and he is not written in a way that glamorizes immorality. It shows what moral corruption does to a person and how lonely it makes a person. And actually, he does have some soft spots. He truly loves to help people especially those whom no one else will help. He's very much a friend of the lowly and the downtrodden.[/quote] [quote name='Lil Red' post='1519561' date='May 5 2008, 04:21 PM']+J.M.J.+ i meant that i can't stand the guy as an actor, which in turn, makes me not like any character he plays, however redeeming the qualities of the character. [/quote] [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1519564' date='May 5 2008, 04:25 PM']Ohhhhhh, I see. Well, it doesn't help that he ALWAYS plays deviants. I don't follow Spader--like, I'm not a "fan"--but I did read some interview or something not long ago and apparently in real life he is the kindest, most gentle man. He likes to stay home with his kids and work on his farm. Or something like that. I don't remember the details. But he's not like his characters. I just luurrrrrrrrrrve Shatner as Denny Crane. [/quote] [size=7]LAME[/size] Edited May 5, 2008 by kujo
kujo Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1519904' date='May 5 2008, 09:08 PM']+J.M.J.+ what the heck is your problem? [/quote] Making a joke....
kujo Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 [quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1520023' date='May 5 2008, 11:19 PM']I don't think we got the joke.[/quote] I'm sorry. I was saying that Boston Legal and Grey's Anatomy are lame. Not that your opinions are lame. I apologize.... [img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/57/192908473_a7dfebc1d6.jpg[/img]
kujo Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1520157' date='May 6 2008, 12:23 AM']+J.M.J.+ i'm being thick headed today, i guess. [/quote] Would a taco help my case?
apparent Posted May 6, 2008 Author Posted May 6, 2008 Billy Ray Cyrus is a MARKETING GENIUS His daughter is a cash cow. These Vanity Fair photos are the first step in reminding everybody that she won't be 15 years old forever. The Hannah Montana show isn't going on forever. Whether the next step is singing, acting, modeling, etc, her father is starting the transition to ensure that she remains a cash cow. All this for the love of money The Miley Cyrus franchise is projected to be worth a $1 billion, this year. What kind of lesson does this say to our young?
Lil Red Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1520160' date='May 5 2008, 09:25 PM']Would a taco help my case?[/quote] +J.M.J.+ perhaps!
Madame Vengier Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 (edited) [quote]'apparent' her father is starting the transition to ensure that she remains a cash cow. All this for the love of money[/quote] Reminds me sooooooooooooo much of Britney Spears. It's like deja vu. Even right down to how MC pontificates about her love for Jesus. I'm not saying she doesn't love him--I'm saying I've heard this before and I've seen where it ends. I can remember when BS was 16 and she did those unbelievably suggestive photos for Rolling Stone magazine, and professing to be a good Christian girl saving herself for marriage. Anyway, look at BS now. Sad, really. [quote]What kind of lesson does this say to our young?[/quote] Anything for money. Edited May 6, 2008 by Madame Vengier
kujo Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1520368' date='May 6 2008, 01:12 PM']+J.M.J.+ perhaps! [/quote] Well, consider yourself taco'ed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now