An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hi!

Roseoftherese

Welcome. Bienvenitos. Benevuti! Ciao! Aloha!

BTW, your name is beautiful. Rose Therese is what I want to name my daughter, if God blesses me with one.

Roseoftherese

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1521012' date='May 6 2008, 09:41 PM']cool! the Carmelites here in southern california have tons of young vocations, so you should check them out. and be sure to check out the vocations forum here as it is one of the most active on the net. it does however seem to be overrun by females..[/quote]

Do they have a website? It would be cool to write to them!

Yeah, I have seen the vocations forum. It's so awesome! I check it just about every day to see if they have something new there. :rolleyes:

Roseoftherese

[quote name='kujo' post='1521174' date='May 7 2008, 02:24 AM']Welcome. Bienvenitos. Benevuti! Ciao! Aloha!

BTW, your name is beautiful. Rose Therese is what I want to name my daughter, if God blesses me with one.[/quote]

Thank you! My first name is Rose and my confirmation name is Therese. I chose Therese because she's my favorite saint.

[quote name='Roseoftherese' post='1521227' date='May 7 2008, 11:05 AM']Thank you! My first name is Rose and my confirmation name is Therese. I chose Therese because she's my favorite saint.[/quote]

Awesome! I gave one of the girls at my old parish a copy of [u]Story of a Soul[/u] and she fell in love with her, eventually choosing Therese as her confirmation name as well. And St. Rose of Lima is another beautiful saint that one of my sisters as a strong devotion to.

You've got some holy women praying for you up in heaven.

johnnydigit

i guess because of you guys ill really have to check her book out..

"that's my girl Therese!" -Fr. Stan Fortuna, CFR

Roseoftherese

[quote name='kujo' post='1521292' date='May 7 2008, 11:01 AM']Awesome! I gave one of the girls at my old parish a copy of [u]Story of a Soul[/u] and she fell in love with her, eventually choosing Therese as her confirmation name as well. And St. Rose of Lima is another beautiful saint that one of my sisters as a strong devotion to.

You've got some holy women praying for you up in heaven.[/quote]

And St. Rose of Viterbo too!

Roseoftherese

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1521348' date='May 7 2008, 12:04 PM']i guess because of you guys ill really have to check her book out..

"that's my girl Therese!" -Fr. Stan Fortuna, CFR[/quote]

You should def read it, it's wonderful. :-)